PDA

View Full Version : War Patrols vs Quick Missions SH4

FIREWALL
07-26-07, 04:04 AM
Just wondering why are there are so many great quick missions by modders and no War Patrol missions. Are they hard coded or something?

Bill Nichols
07-26-07, 05:46 AM
A couple of war patrols have been posted (my "Tang Rings the Bell" is one. Schulz's "Yellow Sea Patrol" is the only other one I know of).

Webster
07-26-07, 08:18 PM
ibelieve it stems from many people dont spend that much time at computer so the quicker to finish single mission is just more convienient to play.

for this reason i think they have not spent enough time playing war patrols to get bored with them to make new ones.

maybe because it takes more work to set up as well.

FIREWALL
09-29-07, 09:14 PM
Thx Guys :up:

tater
09-29-07, 09:31 PM
Another thing to remember with single patrols, is that they pull virtually all the layers from the campaign.

tater

FAdmiral
11-23-07, 04:42 PM
Is anybody doing any NEW war patrols? I made a few and so did some others.
But I have played all the olders ones already and am looking for some new ones
before I get into the campaign (waiting for all patches and mods to complete)

JIM

FIREWALL
12-21-07, 03:43 PM
Been awhile since Iv'e looked at this thread.

I hope we get some new war patrols, just for more variety. :D

I have cgrimes and Snacko"s SM and they keep me quite busy.

But more War Patrols would be great. :yep:

Charlie901
03-14-08, 07:41 PM
Do the War Patrols conflict with alternate Modded campains ala...RSRD?

Also the single missions seem separate so are they non conflicting with Campaign Mods?

FAdmiral
03-20-08, 12:51 PM
Another thing to remember with single patrols, is that they pull virtually all the layers from the campaign.

tater

I have made War Patrols with just my sub, nothing else added.
I see plenty of enemy shipping when I visit the right spots....

JIM

peabody
03-22-08, 12:02 PM
Could someone explain the difference between a "Quick Mission" and a "War Patrol"? Is it just longer?
And tater, you say a "single patrol" pulls all the layers from the Campaign, don't they both do that?
Another question, I don't understand, in the mission editor in the 'File' menu:

Open Rnd Layer
Open Scripted Layer
Open Mapnotes Layer
Open Landunits Layer
I don't know what those are for, I have tried it and see the results but don't understand it.

I understand that Merge is so you can get objects like Docks from the Campaign and to place boats accutately but don't click "saveable", because they will be there anyway. Am I correct on that?

I enjoy learning the editor and making missions, but I made one "Battle of the Bismark Sea", which except for the Sub was based on actual events, complete with a refit station so it was entirely possible to complete the mission even if you ran out of fish. I asked that anyone that tried it let me know even if they didn't like it. I learn from your comments. Well, so far one person congratulated me on completing my first mission and one person PMed me with comments since he actually tried it, of the other 50 that read the thread, not a peep. So I am fully willing to work on missions (I am retired with some minor health problems) but not if no one is even going to look at them. If a "War Patrol" is a longer mission, I'll give it a shot, but I need to know what the difference is.
Also, I do not have any mods installed, so if that is a problem, let me know. My video card is on the edge now, I even had to uninstall ROW, which I was not happy about doing but I had no choice.

Maybe a stupid question, but I do use the same editor as a quick mission, right?
Peabody

FAdmiral
03-24-08, 09:07 PM
Right, the same editor for all. Single Missions are just small/large battles that
you start somewhere out in the sea or near land. You put in all the shipping/aircraft that you want in the mission. It can be historical or what if.
Single Patrols are 1 patrol out of a campaign. You start at a base and go on
a specific mission or just go sink shipping. The ships can appear more random
because of the layers. You can add extra stuff that you want too like specific
ships at certain points. The mission you are involved right away (less time)
the patrols take longer like they due in the full campaign....

JIM