PDA

View Full Version : Custom Missions and Resources

Hazelwood
06-29-07, 03:32 PM
My SHIV custom missions and resource web site is more or less finished for now:

http://www.wolfwillow.com/nu/westwind/Simulation_Gaming/SHIV/index.html

There are three custom single-player missions - "Palau Gauntlet", "Tokyo Express" and "Empire of the Sun"(EOS). EOS is my favorite and exceptionally re-playable with lots of violence and good visuals. Other contents of the site include useful and interesting external links to WWII in the Pacific info, Mission Builder items and a Mission Completion Guide (with assistance from Beery). There are a few mini-missions without threats so you can practice the mission completion elements. I will add more stuff later but for now that's it. The downloads are in ZIP format and there's plenty of documentation.

best wishes,
Cpt J. Hazelwood / USS Haddock

birdy
06-29-07, 03:56 PM
nice site:up:
downloading some missions now.
btw i have a question about custom missions, where can i add the mission title? when i make a mission it always appears with the name: mission title

Hazelwood
06-29-07, 04:09 PM
nice site:up:
downloading some missions now.
btw i have a question about custom missions, where can i add the mission title? when i make a mission it always appears with the name: mission title

Yes, it is a bit mysterious. Look under Mission/Language Localization of the builder toolbar. Once you have started building the mission you will find "Mission Title" there. Click on it and an editing box will open below where you can supply your own title. The briefing is done in the same place. Not very intuitive but once you know about it easy to do. Check my Mission Builder guide at the site and you will find this and many other things explained.

Thanks for the compliment. I hope everything works. You can test and retest but there's always chance of a glitch.

best wishes,
Cpt. J. Hazelwood / USS Haddock

ReallyDedPoet
06-29-07, 06:24 PM
Thanks for your efforts, look forward to trying these out:up:

RDP

FIREWALL
12-21-07, 04:56 PM
THX Hazelwood

:up: :up: :up:

AkbarGulag
02-17-08, 10:39 AM