PDA

View Full Version : First Topic for new forum/editing flow chart

wingtip
04-10-07, 08:43 PM
I messed with the mission editor for sh3 lonnnnnng ago and dont remember a dang thing. Can someone thats made many a missions make a flow chart with say the top 10 steps (can be more) to creating a mission...

1)mission name and how to
2)mission description and how to
3)adding ships and how to (and how to delete, seems i remember having problems here)
4)triggers and how to
etc
etc
etc
till you get to the end where you save and load to game....

mainly im interested in two things i want to accomplish in the editor and thats making a simulated pearl harbor attack so i can make some fraps movies.

and making multiplayer missions.

wingtip
04-11-07, 06:15 AM
Ok, i dived in (pun intended) and got a few of the basics back but im noticing when i go to hit the play button and use time compression the units dont move and eventually as i go higher on the compression they just disappear... they should move slowly on lower compression as im only testing at 5 knots for all ships so far... what am i doing wrong?

also, is there a way to tell how deep the water is where i started placing units for the mission?

Mush Martin
04-11-07, 06:26 AM
Yes theres an elevation function with the mouse but I dont
remember it but it will tell you how the land elevation is where
your mouse is and that gives some idea of depth where you are.
I dont remember how but I believe its in the manual.

I think for your none moving units you need to right click
and hit "head to waypoint"

Donner
04-11-07, 11:48 AM
mainly im interested in two things i want to accomplish in the editor and thats making a simulated pearl harbor attack so i can make some fraps movies.

I have tinkered with making a Pearl Harbor attack mission since the Tautog was the first US submarine to destroy anything Japanese.

Right out of the box was a serious immersion killer....aircraft carriers in port on 7 Dec 1941. :o I assume that these ships are hardcoded to appear in the naval base at random times...at least I cannot find a way to remove the carriers.

In my test mission, I only added two flights of Japanese torpedo bombers and a flight of fighters, the naval base, and the Tautog. When I tested this 'rough draft', the base was populated with a few destroyers, two battleships, and two carriers.