PDA

View Full Version : Mission Making Question

hachiman
03-27-07, 04:53 AM
Hi

No manual for the ME so have to ask.
I made lots of missions for SH3'but some things in SH4 have got me stumped.

1) How do you make a photo recon Mission?
2) How do you make a Commando Mission?

I see in the objectives editor you can make a photo recon and special ops mission.However whenever i select these it just bounces straight back to sink tonnage.

3) How do you make the mission name match what you've called it in game?
The old parameters page does'nt let you put a mission title in anymore and i'll save the mission and call it the something and make sure it's saved in an identically named folder.
But still in game they are just called "mission title" .

Thanx
Posts: 309 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=84210952) | Registered

FAdmiral
03-27-07, 01:19 PM
The game uses 2 files for new custom missions from the editor.
A MIS file and an TSR file. The TSR file has to be changed outside
of the editor. The game uses this file to identify the mission you
have just saved, also the description of the mission too. Without
it, you cannot see your new mission in the game...

JIM

Donner
03-27-07, 01:31 PM
I have been able to edit the .tsr file within the editor itself without any problems.

Choose "Language Localization" in the "Mission" dropdown. Highlight the desired option: mission title; mission briefing; or objective. Then simply type your text in the bottom box for each...and then save.

FAdmiral
03-27-07, 01:34 PM
I figured that you probably could but just didn't want to spend time
searching for it. Good post, now we know it can be done inside....

JIM

hachiman
03-27-07, 02:09 PM
Thanx Guys.

I've also worked out how to make Commando and Photo Recon Missions.

Last question.

In the Missions that come with the game the briefings have the background map of the area you will be patrolling.
I can't replicate this.
So how do i add the map to the briefing?

Thanx

Donner
03-27-07, 03:00 PM
It's easy to add a .tga file.

Simply add the .tga file you have created into the data/singlemission/SM** directory where ** is the number of your mission. Then add #filename.tga#0,0,400,256 in the mission briefing section of "Language Localization."

I did this for a S-44 v. Kako mission[SM12 Kako] that I made (haven't released it yet...waiting for the next patch to solve TDC problems). I added a picture of the Kako instead of a map...In the mission briefing section of "Language Localization", I added #SM12 Kako.tga#0,0,400,256 This added the picture!

Be sure to use the "#" sign at the beginning and end of the tga file name. I believe that the first pairing of numbers 0,0 is the 'reference point' on where the program places that .tga file in the briefing window. The other set of numbers 400,256 is the displayed width and height of that tga.

hachiman
03-27-07, 05:25 PM
Ok thanx Donner.

Barkhorn1x
03-27-07, 08:30 PM
Good info. all - thanks.

Mush Martin
03-27-07, 09:07 PM
beautiful thanks Donner:up:

steve1
04-29-14, 05:33 AM
Can anyone help out a total noob by explaining what's in a .tga file, & how to create one (what needs to be in it)? I'm getting better at creating missions in SH3, but I would like to try SH4. I know this link is old, but it's the only one I found related to this subject. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. Nevermind- in the weeks that have passed, & noticing no help from anyone, I figured it out myself. Thanks anyway!