PDA

View Full Version : thanks for 3.07 / keep up the great work!!

suBB
02-12-07, 08:14 PM
Because of 3.07, and concerned of being spotted by the helo at shallow depths, in a MP test I missed two comms checks on the interval, delaying any form of intelligence (sonar / visual contacts, ESM emissions, link promotion, etc) to be reported to allies(another diver) by one hour.

Missing those intervals forced us to reconsider our options in going about completing our mission tasking, to say the least.

And since we were tasked to intercept, that had a major impact on 'everything' and everyone involved in the scenario, both AI and human players alike, allied or hostile.

....more evidence I'm heading the right direction here :D...

LWAMI is simply amazing!!!

Thanks again for all of your hard work!!!

Molon Labe
02-12-07, 09:04 PM
Because of 3.07, and concerned of being spotted by the helo at shallow depths, in a MP test I missed two comms checks on the interval, delaying any form of intelligence (sonar / visual contacts, ESM emissions, link promotion, etc) to be reported to allies(another diver) by one hour.

Missing those intervals forced us to reconsider our options in going about completing our mission tasking, to say the least.

And since we were tasked to intercept, that had a major impact on 'everything' and everyone involved in the scenario, both AI and human players alike, allied or hostile.

Luuuukkee...LUKE! Use the Floating Wire, Luke!

sonar732
02-12-07, 11:03 PM

Yep...go slow and over 100 feet deep for the wire and you only have to worry about the Mad sensor like before.

Sonoboy
02-12-07, 11:33 PM
You can't promote contacts on the floating wire.

*EDIT*
I feel like such an idiot. You CAN promote on the wire.

suBB
02-13-07, 12:13 AM

Luuuukkee...LUKE! Use the Floating Wire, Luke!
Luuuukkee...LUKE! - of course you can promote links and report to allies if you - Use the Floating Wire, Luke!

:lol:

Molon Labe
02-13-07, 01:10 AM
Hmmm.... promoting with the floating wire is actually new. I didn't know it could be done. :p I was only refering to getting the data on the link. Oops.

suBB
02-13-07, 01:42 AM
Hmmm.... promoting with the floating wire is actually new. I didn't know it could be done. :p I was only refering to getting the data on the link. Oops.

:D

Just make sure that when you come across a bi-directional floating wire antenna, I’m the 2nd person to know about it. :p

Sonoboy
02-13-07, 01:50 AM
Please don't take any offense to my comment. It was made in good fun, and I just get that way a lot of the time.

LuftWolf
02-13-07, 02:22 AM
No you most definately CANNOT promote contacts over the floating wire.

@suBB Thank you, the report was inspiring. :)

Cheers,
David

Sonoboy
02-13-07, 03:19 AM
The periscope was a very important tool in that mission. Having to get up there to take a look around does make you concerned about air assets.

kage
02-16-07, 07:35 PM

You don't even need to have either antenna or wire up to promote over the link, actually.

LuftWolf
02-16-07, 08:29 PM

You don't even need to have either antenna or wire up to promote over the link, actually.

Perhaps you can explain this Mr. MaHuJa? :)

Cheers,
David

PS PM me if you want...

SubMonkey
02-21-07, 12:27 AM
:doh: I'm a total novice, but my understanding was that one could only receive LINK data over the floating wire. Only with the Radio Antenna up could one receive AND post Link Data. Finally, if one is too deep for the floating wire, or lost it, and unable to get to PD depth for the antenna then you cannot receive or post data.

:o I'm most curious about the comment that one can promote data without either of those items.

fatty
02-21-07, 10:24 AM
I believe you can flag contacts as "promoted" without the wire or antenna deployed, but they won't actually be posted to your allies until you are in contact.

kage
02-21-07, 09:40 PM
When you don't have the antenna above water, one way of promoting the contact is gone. The other still works, it's just that most people assume it won't work.

Tested in multiplayer - so long as the other player is RXing (wire/antenna/non-sub) he will receive the contact. If not, he won't receive it at all unless you re-promote while he is in contact.