View Full Version : [REL]OpenHatch_V3_RH released

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DivingDuck
01-26-07, 03:48 AM
[EDIT 2009-12-10]

Moin,

OH_V3.09_RH released.

actual: DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038

check installation instruction / manual (http://divingduck.de/pdf/DD_OH_V3.09_RH_beta_Install.pdf) online (adobe online reader plugin needed)

Special thanks go to Anvart for inspiring me regarding the use of StateMachineControllers that made the use of key commands possible to trigger the new animations. His knowledge about the non-standard use of the StateMachine System for animation of objects, using crew commands, has made it possible for OH to evolve a step further.

HOW TO USE:

open/close hatch >>> SHIFT+H / CTRL+H
raise/lower obs scope completely >>>> SHIFT+O / CTRL+O
use new 3d clickspots to enter stations from free cam

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/OH_V3_014-1.jpg . . . http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/OH_V3_003-1.jpg

This mod features:

SHIII typeVII + typeIX

revolving hatch (by key command)
moving obs scope (by key command)
engine order telegraph animation
corrected interior diving angles
free cam movement between CR and RR via open hatch only
(the free cams movement will be blocked by the bulkhead and closed hatch)
reworked cameras (all interior cams free)
tick the floor to switch to non stabilized free cam
free deck cam
vanishing food
working x-mas tree
animated gramophone
darker dials by night (idea by 'evan82')
helmsmen aft and fore vanish when surfaced (idea by 'Hitman')
newly reworked attack scope well by 'flakmonkey'
new 3d clickspots to enter officer´s stations
fix for OLC´s GOLD MkII GUI mod
fix for WAC
fix for Anvart´s 'DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final' +'FM30_UpDownSMC' mods
fix for nvdrifter´s 'DC Shake v2.01'
detailed installation instructions / manual

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/OH_V3_008.png

This mod will work with all installations of SHIII. However all mods that have altered:

- cameras.dat
- typeVII interior *.dat / *.sim / *.cam files
- typeIX interior *.dat / *.sim / *.cam files
- commands_en/_fr/_de.cfg

will break / not work as expected.

For those using a customized commands_**.cfg file I have included detailed information on what to do to make OH compatible with their version. Do not forget to make a save copy of the file in question before altering.

ATTN: OLC GOLD MkII users !

Failure to enable the fix for OLC GOLD will result in the following problems:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/OLC_001.jpg . http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/OLC_002.jpg . http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/OLC_003.jpg

ATTN: users of nvdrifter´s 'DC Shake v2.01' !

'DC Shake' will not work with OH when OLC´s MkII GOLD GUI is enabled. Both mods alter the 'cameras.dat'. Therefore both fixes contain adjusted versions of this file. To make them work together the files would have to be merged.

The same applies for WAC users. If OH is enabled on top of WAC, 'DC Shake' will not work. If you apply the fix for 'DC Shake' all alterations to the cameras.dat introduced by WAC will fail.

New 3d clickspots:

Use the clickspots to access the respective view from any free cam. TypeIX clickspots are similar

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/3d_click_008.jpg . http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/3d_click_010.jpg . http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/3d_click_006.jpg
clickspots CR

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/3d_click_009.jpg . http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x241/DivingDuck/SHIII/3d_click_007.jpg
clickspots RR

INSTALLATION ORDER:

Stock users:
-DD_OH_V3
-(Fix for NVD´s DC Shake)

GWX users:
-GWX
-DD_OH_V3
-(Fix for OLC or Fix for NVD´s DC Shake)

OLC users:
-OLC MkII GOLD
-DD_OH_V3
-Fix for OLC

WAC users:
-WAC
-DD_OH_V3
-Fix for WAC

users of Anvart´s 'FM30_UpDown' mod:
-FM30_UpDown
-DD_OH_V3
-Fix for Anvart´s FM30_UpDown
-(Fix for NVD´s DC Shake)

FIXES

fixes for

OLC´s GUI
WAC
Anvart´s FM30_UpDown
nvdrifter´s DC Shake

included as separate mods in download

OH RELATED FIXES / FOLLOW UPS by OTHER MODDERS

U-48Kriegsmarine has made a compatibility fix for Rubini´s Widescreen Mod. See the repsective thread here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=296159

Rapt0r has created ''Rapt0r's Instruments V3.0' mod. This mod ads even more immersion to OH by introducing new textures. Check out anything about this mod here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158294

makman94 has created a fix to make OH work with his 'MaGui'. Download the fix from his FF page. See the respective post here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1217798&postcount=1365

TWEAK FILES

For those who want to change the triggering depth for the helmsmen vanishing, try these tweak files (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1451). Open them with MiniTweaker and change the values for "minimum" and "maximum". I recommend to use a max difference of 0.001 between both values. If you want to "disable" this feature, set both values to 0.

KNOWN ISSUES

'LGN1' has reported a problem with conning deck cam. When selecting the watch officer the camera winds up and looks at the conning from high above. There´s two ways to solve the problem:

don´t click the watch officer on conning deck

in case you do, by mistake, you can move back to "normal" position using the mouse and arrow keys on your keyboard. the cam is free.

use the new fix

I´ve uploaded a hotfix for this very problem. Instead of a camera view winding up you´ll now get a report on the nearest visual contact when clicking the watch officer on conning deck. Other mods may be affected. Get the file here: DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091210230737.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/?umnmmqjm1jt) (ca 5KB)

Thanks for the report, LGN1!

Credits: (for more details see included installation instructions)

- Urfisch / FliegenderFisch
- Anvart
- Reece
- flakmonkey
- Ref
- Sensal
- TimeTraveller
- Skwasjer
- GWX Team
- OLC (onlifecrisis)
- Alex
- Rapt0r
- nvdrifter
- evan82
- Hitman
- LGN1

Download links:

DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/?kjnywzy4owq)

DD_OH_V3.09_TweakFiles.7z (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1451)

DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091210230737.7z (http://www.mediafire.com/?umnmmqjm1jt)

Have fun,
DD

Read the included Installation Instructions. They contain detailed information about how to install / enable and how to use!

RTFM - Read The F*cking Manual

[/EDIT 2009-12-10]

Fangschuss
01-26-07, 04:10 AM
WoW

Unbelievable great jop :up:

can't wait to see some ingame screenshots :)

HunterICX
01-26-07, 04:47 AM
Very nice indeed,

but a question.
what happens if you move into the Radio compartment?
does the screen changes and do you see the control room when ur in it

Ducimus
01-26-07, 04:49 AM
Is this possible? Nobody pinch me, i might wake up!

Phoenix3000
01-26-07, 04:58 AM
One word - WOW!!!! :up:

Superb job - this is excellent news!

Px3000

JU_88
01-26-07, 05:05 AM
Incredible work, cant wait to see it textured! :D

Myxale
01-26-07, 05:23 AM
Good God this can't be tru!:o

Please don't let this be a :dead:Joke!

Dowly
01-26-07, 05:48 AM
Very nice indeed,

but a question.
what happens if you move into the Radio compartment?
does the screen changes and do you see the control room when ur in it

Yes, you should see back to the command room. In stock SHIII, the command & radio rooms arent connected. What urfisch made was to connect the two rooms and remove the hatch.

Venatore
01-26-07, 05:48 AM
OH MY.....:o.......I FEEL FAINT......:dead:

Payoff
01-26-07, 06:13 AM
Holy $#%! :o

perdu
01-26-07, 06:25 AM
O_o what a great work!!!

for urfisch:

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

mr chris
01-26-07, 06:30 AM
:o:oVey nice indeed:up:

Woof1701
01-26-07, 06:36 AM
Good thing that the January 31st AddOn for GWX is deplayed. That might just be what's missing ;)

FIREWALL
01-26-07, 06:46 AM
Holy Moly I stay away for a little bit and look what happens.:rock: :rock: :rock: :yep: :p

ref
01-26-07, 07:27 AM
Those are 3d renderings, have you imported them back to SH3 and made them work?

Ref

pierreandre
01-26-07, 07:53 AM
That is the hamer, i cant belive it...I have always dreamt of it, it will bring more atmosphere into the game. Thanks!

nvdrifter
01-26-07, 08:08 AM
just take a look

its not been textured yet, but this is going to be done. and i need some help to get this implemented in sh3! somebody can help me? i just modded the commandroom and added the two compartments. therefore they have no lights in the game. as im more a modeler than a coder :know: i need help for this.

regards
urfisch

Before everyone gets too excited, I think Urfisch is trying to say that this hasn't been coded into SH3. It's only artwork. And (maybe) he has no idea how to implement it onto SH3. (maybe not even possible). I guess I really don't know what "added the two compartments" really means.

CWorth
01-26-07, 08:08 AM

Ref

And that there will be the main hitch..getting them in and actually working in game.

perdu
01-26-07, 08:27 AM
if i understand well what urfisch is saying, he managed to add the two compartments to thein game commandromm, but they remind dark as no light is defined into them. so he needs help on this point ^^!

Filax
01-26-07, 08:38 AM
Hi

I think this is an attempt to find someone who´ll do the real work. Modelling is fun for every one. But who wants to do the work nobody will/can ever see, the coding?

Filax

urfisch
01-26-07, 08:40 AM
if i understand well what urfisch is saying, he managed to add the two compartments to thein game commandromm, but they remind dark as no light is defined into them. so he needs help on this point ^^!

yeah. thats right :) and i need help to implement them into sh3. i just added two more rooms to the existing commandroom...so the commandroom object hast now two rooms on each side with the hatch open.

anyway. if someone could help me in getting the room repacked with its textures, please mail!

public(at)stilbureau(dot)com

thx a lot! ;)

ReallyDedPoet
01-26-07, 08:43 AM
Thanks for your efforts on this:up: Hopefully somebody will come forward to help.

Dowly
01-26-07, 08:46 AM
There shouldnt be any problems impleding the two new compartments to the game. The interior of the sub is just an 3d model, right? And it doesnt matter what you add to the model as long as you dont mess with the original things already in it, right? So, you could take an interior model of a huge church and connect it to the sub interior model and it should work. The interior model of the sub is basically just for eyecandy.

But the tricky part is to make the compartments functional, adding crew members, dials etc.

Pablo
01-26-07, 08:51 AM
But the tricky part is to make the compartments functional, adding crew members, dials etc.
...and closing the watertight doors when the submarine is "rigged for depth charge." ;)

Pablo

GT182
01-26-07, 08:57 AM
Outstanding work! :up:

JCWolf
01-26-07, 09:03 AM
Yep it is outstanding work,
the problem here i think it's not what he can do,
but what it's hardcoded in SHIII and what This hardcoded Data lets him
implement!...:hmm:

Lanzfeld
01-26-07, 09:07 AM
I am a litlle confused. I can already go into the radio compartment on my sub. Why is he doing it again?

danlisa
01-26-07, 09:10 AM
I am a litlle confused. I can already go into the radio compartment on my sub. Why is he doing it again?
So that from the Control Room you can see all the way through to the Radio Room. i.e No closed doors. If I'm not mistaken, he's added a 'galley' aswell.

Rocking work, now pray to the SH3 Gods that this can actually be added.

Lanzfeld
01-26-07, 09:13 AM
So that from the Control Room you can see all the way through to the Radio Room. i.e No closed doors. If I'm not mistaken, he's added a 'galley' aswell.

Ahhh...thats right.....the hatch is closed. Cant see in there.

Sorry....too much time in Type II's!

nvdrifter
01-26-07, 09:14 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for this working, but I don't think it's gonna be so easy to implement it into the game. I believe some modders tried this before, but a lot of the game is hard-coded, so it couldn't be done. And it's a lot more than just dials that need to be added... it's also adding extra cameras and such, which might also be hard-coded. :-? I guess what I am trying to say is that all of us modders have (at one time or another) run into brick walls and dead ends due to so much of the game being hard-coded.

nvdrifter
01-26-07, 09:18 AM

So it's just a view, not standing in the actual compartment?

Dowly
01-26-07, 09:21 AM
You can always use the shift+F2 to go to the extra compartments. ;)

perdu
01-26-07, 09:21 AM
nvdriffer may be right.
making thoses compartiments playable may be not possibile :damn::damn:

I don't think that this mod as to be interpreted as other than "open hatches" !!!
just a very nice eye candy mod:rock::rock:

but the problem are the lights that have to be clonned ( i guess, as i do not know how they works at all) from the main compartiment as they have to change to red by night.

Kpt. Lehmann
01-26-07, 11:44 AM

Ref

And that there will be the main hitch..getting them in and actually working in game.

Exactly... and then there is the question of cost in FPS.

I hope like hell it works though. Its really funny, the different mods have opened up so many new things and entirely new operational areas... but parts of your own U-boat remain "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY!!!" :ping:

Keep up the good work Urfisch!!! Don't stop!!!:up: :up: :up:

JCWolf
01-26-07, 11:45 AM
At least if he can't place it as we wished, we will certanely have a new visual dimension on the Command room insted two closed Grey round Hatchs...:up:

But I'm almost sure as sayed it on mi previouse post, that this is an hardcoded Stuff, and it will not be possible to add new compartements and interior life on them, as the rest of the fully playable compartements...:hmm:

Dowly
01-26-07, 11:56 AM
I dont care about having working stuff/crew members in the new compartments, I´m happy to just have them there.

Jimbuna
01-26-07, 12:15 PM
Great work this :rock: ...let's hope it's within the realms of possibility :yep: :up:

Kpt. Lehmann
01-26-07, 12:17 PM
I dont care about having working stuff/crew members in the new compartments, I´m happy to just have them there.

Exactly!:arrgh!:

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-26-07, 12:23 PM
It might not be all that difficult as it seems. It's always appeared to me that the game had the intention of moving to additional compartments but was never implemented, so the hard coding might already be in place, but what lacks is the additional things to work.

Rhodes
01-26-07, 12:29 PM
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!:D :up: Cool, if this can be implemented in the game, plus the minor corretion plus, NYGM mod of the observation periscope in the right place, plus seeing the shaft of the atack periscope and some things more and the game will have a new and fresh face.

Jimbuna
01-26-07, 12:37 PM
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!:D :up: Cool, if this can be implemented in the game, plus the minor corretion plus, NYGM mod of the observation periscope in the right place, plus seeing the shaft of the atack periscope and some things more and the game will have a new and fresh face.

I was more than happy with the 'new and fresh face' GWX gave us :yep:

oRGy
01-26-07, 04:42 PM
Be sure to try to reuse existing textures to save on memory and keep any new areas consistent looking.

Shouldn't be too difficult to actually replace the existing 3d models with new ones, but as he says, the devil is in the details of crew members and working gadgets.

WilhelmSchulz.
01-26-07, 05:59 PM
The raido room might be a problem though. Since it might interfeir with the original raido room.:hmm:

Rhodes
01-26-07, 06:03 PM

But You can be even happier, or no? ehehe:lol:

GWX is top, but I think there is no harm to improve more the game.

Jimbuna
01-26-07, 06:32 PM

But You can be even happier, or no? ehehe:lol:

GWX is top, but I think there is no harm to improve more the game.

There is always room for improvement :yep:

Reece
01-26-07, 07:57 PM
Excellent work Urfisch, must have taken a lot of time & patience!:lol: You did a great job with the added textures, in such a short time, amazing!!:D
Keep up the good work, can't wait for this to be completed, for ANY super mod version of SH3!:up:
Cheers.

pierreandre
01-26-07, 07:58 PM
Very nicely, you think your efforts also sometime in SHIII are to be seen, there are enough skeptics!?

Sehr schön, wie stehen die Chancen das deine Bemühungen auch irgendwann in SHIII zu sehen sind, es gibt ja genügend Zweifler!?

Dowly
01-26-07, 08:00 PM
Looking very nice! :up:

Webchessie
01-26-07, 08:02 PM
WOW!

GT182
01-26-07, 08:26 PM
Fantastic work! :up:

Will this be added aft of the radio room? So when you look from the control room you will see thru the radio/sonar room to the bunks.

Looks like we have a new candidate for "Skipper of the Month" if this works out. This is a major addon to SHIII and the subs. A dream come true.

stabiz
01-26-07, 09:02 PM
:o

Shellshock! Great job, mate

nvdrifter
01-26-07, 11:15 PM
Good job. Hope it works out. :up:

JCWolf
01-27-07, 05:17 AM
Beautifll work mate....:rock:

I guess we will have two new extra compartements then,
at list visual improvement,if it would be impossible
to cross those hatchs....:up: :up: :up:

Amazing work mate...:rock:

DanCanovas
01-27-07, 05:39 AM
good stuff mate, im not even bothered about being able to actually go into those compartments, just be nice to look down the boat from the existing locations

Jimbuna
01-27-07, 06:25 AM
Great work...looking forward to it :rock: :up:

johan_d
01-27-07, 07:31 AM
Keep up the good work!

PS: its a shame you have to do that, the dev's should make us this in a simple eyecandy patch.. shame on them!

Hidalgo
01-27-07, 09:01 AM
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!
¡¡¡Great work....!!! ;););):up::up::up:

Corrupt_File
01-27-07, 09:24 AM
Hubba Hubba

Matyas
01-27-07, 09:44 AM
Amazing! :up: Keep up the good work!

Kpt. Lehmann
01-27-07, 10:18 AM
I hear WOLVES howling!!!! :up: :up: :up:

(Gotta get my PC fixed!!! :damn: :damn: :damn: )

robbierob2005
01-27-07, 12:49 PM
Great stuff i see here. I think you'll be the master here if you can make this work with SHIII.

If you want to have the feeling to walk around in a uboot then download my movie that I shot in the U995 at Laboe.

http://www.xxxxxx.xx

pm me for a link

Succes Urfisch:up:

Iron Budokan
01-27-07, 01:12 PM
woot!

Jimbuna
01-27-07, 02:06 PM
WOW :o ...:rock: :rock:

Tuddley3
01-27-07, 02:07 PM
WOW!! This is mind boggling stuff, hope it works out :up:

Goose_green
01-27-07, 03:49 PM
Amazing!! That room is looking fantastic :cool: :up:

Excellent work there!

GT182
01-27-07, 03:59 PM
Amazing..... Like the song says, "It's getting better all the time". :up:

urfisch
01-27-07, 04:23 PM
thank you , thank you, thank you! far too kind...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

ReallyDedPoet
01-27-07, 04:59 PM
:up::up::up::up::up:

Fender74
01-27-07, 07:38 PM
This looks sweet man,hope you can get it all working.:cool:

Mush Martin
01-27-07, 07:47 PM
lights on in a sub interior hmmm:sunny:

Kpt. Lehmann
01-27-07, 08:09 PM
heres the first textured example. lamps over the beds are still missing. gonna add them tomorrow.

:|\\

_Seth_
01-28-07, 02:32 AM
Exellent work, mate! Hope this can be added to SHIII, good luck!!!!:up::up:
(Man, this game has no limits!!)

gamers2000
01-28-07, 04:01 AM
Now,if only the SDK was released.

urfisch
01-28-07, 05:10 AM
thanks a lot, männer!

today ill finalize the radioroom and if this is done and there will be some time left, i will open the doors in these rooms too!

:rock:

and luckily i need no sdk for that, as its just a modified existing object, which is repacked into the dat-file. hope its that simple, without any disturbing problems.

BUT männer...

i could still need some help for this. i could test it, but i have no experience in modding the 3d-dat files. so if anyone from the ship-modders could help me, would be great!

cheers:()1:

Payoff
01-28-07, 06:44 AM
Somebody PLEEEAAASE help the man.

This looks amazing so far urfisch.:up:

JU_88
01-28-07, 07:58 AM
Lucky for you the type 7 and 9 interiors are pretty much identical :up:
Excellent work im really looking forward to this, its just another example on how far modding sh3 has come, the game is really reaching its modding maturity. :yep:
The funny part is if you add up all the time modders have spent on SH3 it probably amounts to more time than the dev team actually spent on the project.

Rhodes
01-28-07, 07:59 AM
It keeps getting better and better...Yeah:up: :rock:

Payoff is right, someone help him.:D

Jimbuna
01-28-07, 08:09 AM
Excellent work im really looking forward to this, its just another example on how far modding sh3 has come, the game is really reaching its modding maturity. :yep:
The funny part is if you add up all the time modders have spent on SH3 it probably amounts to more time than the dev team actually spent on the project.

I don't think anyone could dispute that statement JU :up:

Kpt. Lehmann
01-28-07, 10:01 AM

I have to say, that even having been involved rather deeply in the modding of SH3... when I sit back in my chair and look at the totality of the distance modding has taken SH3...

...that I'm still sometimes shocked and amazed.

We've come a long way baby! :yep:

Woof1701
01-28-07, 10:15 AM

I have to say, that even having been involved rather deeply in the modding of SH3... when I sit back in my chair and look at the totality of the distance modding has taken SH3...

...that I'm still sometimes shocked and amazed.

We've come a long way baby! :yep:

I don't think anyone could dispute THAT statement either :up:

Safe-Keeper
01-28-07, 10:24 AM
It's as if I want to tell Ubisoft, "hey, hold SH4's release a year or two, can you? We're not done with this one yet!"

It's like having dessert get served before you're done having dinner:p.

GT182
01-28-07, 10:57 AM
It's as if I want to tell Ubisoft, "hey, hold SH4's release a year or two, can you? We're not done with this one yet!"

It's like having dessert get served before you're done having dinner:p.

If that were possible S-K. Tho I don't think they'd listen very much if at all. ;)

Actually dessert is sometimes better than dinner it's self. Depends on the cook tho. And I've seen dinner best not served at all. ;) LOL

Samwolf
01-28-07, 11:09 AM
Actually dessert is sometimes better than dinner it's self. Depends on the cook tho. And I've seen dinner best not served at all. ;) LOL

I see you've met my ex-wife.:eek:

grafix7
01-28-07, 11:20 AM
This is really awesome stuff! I cant wait to see it implemented!

GT182
01-28-07, 11:31 AM
LMAO... No Sam, and thank God I haven't. I've seen too many cooks that can't cook at all, but think they're just wonderful. And that includes restaurants too. ;)

Tho the dessert that Urfisch is serving looks great. :yep:

Iron Budokan
01-28-07, 11:53 AM
Funny, I was thinking just this morning how different the game was now from when it first came out. Heck, it's like SH3 today with the mods isn't even in the same league as stock.

I mean, I understand the pressures of business and time and all. But when you compare the two, well, the original SH3 kinda looks like a piece of cr*p. And that's not really fair because SH3 raised the bar on subsims to quite a high level. But, still, when you look at what the game was and what it is now....there's no comparison.

Scheisskopf
01-28-07, 12:48 PM
Funny, I was thinking just this morning how different the game was now from when it first came out. Heck, it's like SH3 today with the mods isn't even in the same league as stock.

I mean, I understand the pressures of business and time and all. But when you compare the two, well, the original SH3 kinda looks like a piece of cr*p. And that's not really fair because SH3 raised the bar on subsims to quite a high level. But, still, when you look at what the game was and what it is now....there's no comparison.

i completely agree :yep:

Samwolf
01-28-07, 12:59 PM

What really is a shame is that there are so many hints of things that went unimplemented in stock SH3. Look at all the voice files that are never used and there seem to be many "hooks" that modders were able to discover and build upon.

Imagine what could be done if Ubisoft ever releases to code.

CCIP
01-28-07, 01:31 PM
The VII and the IX interiors actually AREN'T identical!

In the IX, the aft hatch would lead straight to the engine room, with quarters all the way in the back of the boat. The front is similar enough though...

urfisch
01-28-07, 01:32 PM
:cry:

- PROBLEM -

i tried the last hours to find a way to pack the modded obj-file into the dat in comes from...no success. anyway got an idea? tried it with different versions of pack3d and the unpacker from timetraveller. pack3d always says "this object cant be imported" but it works with no *.obj file. even not the stock ones...

PLZ HELP!

DivingDuck
01-28-07, 04:35 PM
Moin,

check my answer over in the German forum. Hope that´s of any help.

Regards,
DD

ReallyDedPoet
01-29-07, 08:33 AM
Have any companies ever released code before? What would it take?
Just think of the kind of petition you could accumulate just with this forum (subsim ) alone:rock::rock:

urfisch
01-29-07, 12:12 PM
PLEASE

come back to topic! any ideas how these errors could happen? still havent found a way...please take a close look at the pics i uploaded. anybody had similar problems? ideas for a solution?

:shifty:

urfisch
01-29-07, 04:12 PM
thanks for your reply - but not really helpful.

tomorrow ill post a link to the modded *.obj files. so anybody can try his best with them. so called multitasking. otherwise im not sure if this "mod" will be ever released. i asked so many people for help and none was able to give me successful hinds. disappointing...

:cry:

SquareSteelBar
01-29-07, 04:14 PM
Hi urfisch,

I know these probs very well.
Try this: compare a copy of the .dat file before inserting the changed .obj file to the .dat file after inserting the changed .obj file in a hex comparer. The changed .obj file sequence should appear as one big block. Reset all non-related changed values outside this block/sequence to their original values.
Sometimes this worked for me.

SquareSteelBar

bigboywooly
01-29-07, 04:21 PM
Yes Pack3d is well known for turning zones upside down too
Follow SSB advice and check out the differences before and after

Maybe no one could help you as no one knows :yep:

Hartmann
01-29-07, 06:52 PM
I don´t know very much about modding, and i only know Sh3 files and what they do (more or less) so i can´t help in 3d modelling :88)

some time ago someone tried to add new compartments, but finally the proyect seems death.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=99430&highlight=aditional+compartments

here a old thread about 3d modelling ...perhaps can help..

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43777&start=180&sid=b015cd3b2efd69c1ccd96c9e5bd33821

Madox58
01-29-07, 07:21 PM
From that thread I saw a question I've run into

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string ""

when working on a new model with no uv map, when exported
the file looks like this

.0009999//.000999

no coords in center.

Pack3d throws up!

I open in Hex, find and replace // with /

Now I can import for testing.

DivingDuck
01-29-07, 09:27 PM
Moin Urfisch,

I´ve investigated and hex edited "a little". I´ve avoided the problem of Pack3D mixing up the coordinates/position data by hex editing the new compartment into the *.dat. And this is what I´ve got:

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7439/cr001lm9.jpg http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9004/cr002cz6.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5576/cr003ys7.jpg http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6051/cr004fa6.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1741/cr005tq1.jpg http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2900/cr006ub3.jpg

As you see there is some light missing. It´s kind of foggy. Found something already that makes me confident of beeing able to add an ambient light to the additional compartment. I´ll keep you informed.
BTW, actually you may even enter the newly created compartment to a certain degree before the camera "jumps" to the "real" radio room.

Regards,
DD

ReallyDedPoet
01-29-07, 09:37 PM
Your efforts and tenacity are appreciated DD ( and others ), keep at it:up:

Madox58
01-29-07, 10:02 PM
DD, Again, you are the guy I look to to show me the way! :up:

I've started importing objs by hex thanks to your posts.
I can't wait to finish some of the stuff I'm doing now to really
get into finish writing my importer tool as pack3d is limited as
we all know.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great tool!!!
But facts being facts, it needs to be updated or replaced.

DivingDuck
01-29-07, 10:05 PM
@privateer

I´m always glad if I can help. And if you need some one who´s willing to do some beta testing on your importer I´m your man.

Regards,
DD

Madox58
01-29-07, 10:20 PM
That would be great!!!
I have spent the last 2 weeks tearing apart dat files and learning to read them
cause if you can't do it in Hex, you can't write a program to do it!

Any help I can get from others speeds things up. I'm not a group developing things
and I'm a good 2 years behind as far as starting into SH3.

DD, Ref, Anvart, and so many others have posted so much stuff that I rely on as starting points. Many Thanks Guys!! Many Thanks!!!

Filax
01-30-07, 01:15 AM
Hello

Moin Urfisch,

I´ve investigated and hex edited "a little". I´ve avoided the problem of Pack3D mixing up the coordinates/position data by hex editing the new compartment into the *.dat. And this is what I´ve got:

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7439/cr001lm9.jpg http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9004/cr002cz6.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5576/cr003ys7.jpg http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6051/cr004fa6.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1741/cr005tq1.jpg http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2900/cr006ub3.jpg

As you see there is some light missing. It´s kind of foggy. Found something already that makes me confident of beeing able to add an ambient light to the additional compartment. I´ll keep you informed.
BTW, actually you may even enter the newly created compartment to a certain degree before the camera "jumps" to the "real" radio room.

Regards,
DD
That´s awesome. I hope you´ll get the lights on soon.

Filax

Madox58
01-30-07, 01:45 AM
Looking at those pics it seems some faces are reversed?

CptGrayWolf
01-30-07, 03:41 AM
I'm sorry, the title of this topic says 'its DONE!' but I can't find a link anywhere. thks.

urfisch
01-30-07, 05:03 AM
:up:

thats AWESOME! a big shout to my man, divingduck!!!

:rock:

männer, we all see: its possible. with the experience + the skills of famous divingduck and my models, we will have additional compartments soon! wonderful...

auf gefechtsstationen, männer!

:arrgh!:

SquareSteelBar
01-30-07, 05:07 AM
...we will have additional compartments soon!Mächtig gewaltig, Egon:up:

DivingDuck
01-30-07, 09:59 AM
Moin,
Looking at those pics it seems some faces are reversed? to reduce the polycount Urfisch chopped the radio room into pieces. So the *.obj I´ve used was, as provided by Urfisch, a dummy model to check out whether this ambitious project may be brought to life or not. That´s why some polys are missing.

Regards,
DD

ref
01-30-07, 10:08 AM
@ Urfish /DD
Which was the original polycount?
I have okino polytrans at work and it does a good job optimizing object files by removing redundant vertex/texture coordinates, when I was working on the Watch towers I couldn't reimport some objects because my 3d program doesn't optimize the output and generates more vertex than the original object just by importing/exporting it.

Ref

HundertzehnGustav
01-30-07, 10:18 AM
you guys are FUNKEH:rock:

DivingDuck
01-30-07, 10:35 AM
Hi Ref,
@ Urfish /DD
Which was the original polycount?
I have okino polytrans at work and it does a good job optimizing object files by removing redundant vertex/texture coordinates, when I was working on the Watch towers I couldn't reimport some objects because my 3d program doesn't optimize the output and generates more vertex than the original object just by importing/exporting it.

Ref can´t tell. As I´m skimped by my master, I was given the low budget version only. ;) The world is a disc. Knowing more than that would probably kill me.

Regards,
DD

pierreandre
01-31-07, 10:10 AM
Moinsen,

any news from this work?
How works in the moment on this mod? I have lost the overlook! :hmm:

Iron Budokan
01-31-07, 12:34 PM
I really hope he can make this work...it's too cool not to have! :rock:

urfisch
02-01-07, 04:23 PM
na, männer. alles klar?

ill keep you informed. as now the problem how to import the modded room into the game is solved, we can move on to the finetuning. so stay tuned!

:up:

Lanzfeld
02-01-07, 04:43 PM
You should at least change the name of this thread so as to stop giving me a heart attack everytime I log on!:o :damn:

robbierob2005
02-01-07, 04:54 PM
I can't wait... I check this topic more then ones every day. Succes with the finetuning:up::up:

Myxale
02-01-07, 06:15 PM
na, männer. alles klar?

Jawolh, Herr Kaleun!;)

robbierob2005
02-01-07, 06:27 PM
na, männer. alles klar?

Jawolh, Herr Kaleun!;)
Auf manöver station:)

JCWolf
02-01-07, 07:27 PM
You should at least change the name of this thread so as to stop giving me a heart attack everytime I log on!:o :damn:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Iron Budokan
02-01-07, 10:33 PM
Man, I'm so looking forward to this. I know modding takes time, but maybe you should...be more aggressive? :rotfl:

johan_d
02-02-07, 03:15 AM
This looks so good, its a must.. a breakthru...

schneller arbeiten, und freigeben, das ist ein fuhrer befehl!!

Wir kannen nicht langer warten!

Paajtor
02-02-07, 05:43 AM

Wir kannen nicht langer warten! In those days, it actually was:

schneller arbeiten, und freigeben, daß ißt ein Führer Befehl!!
Wir können nicht länger warten!

:lol:

JCWolf
02-02-07, 06:46 AM

Wir kannen nicht langer warten!

:huh: :o :smug: :-? ....:o :o :o ...

Are you having problems talking....:o :o

What is that RRauchtaata vruuvrtikitiki shoftekata stuff:hmm:

Woof1701
02-02-07, 10:37 AM

Wir kannen nicht langer warten! In those days, it actually was:

schneller arbeiten, und freigeben, daß ißt ein Führer Befehl!!

:lol:

Actually it's "ist" not "ißt". Last one comes from "essen" which means "to eat"

sein (to be)

Ich bin (I am)
Du bist (you are)
Er/Sie/Es ist (he/she/it is)
Wir sind (we are)
Ihr seid (you are)
Sie sind (they are)

essen (to eat)

Ich esse
Du ißt
Er/sie/es ißt
Wir essen
Ihr eßt
Sie essen

When it comes to "daß" or "das" you also have to take "das" in this case, since "daß" would be a conjunction whereas "das" is a demonstrative pronoun.
So correct is:

Schneller arbeiten, und freigeben. Das ist ein Führerbefehl!!

:know: :know: :know: :know: :know:

GlobalExplorer
02-02-07, 01:10 PM
That subtle mistake strikes you in the face if you're german. You're used to things like this mean you must look for irony or a joke. But don't worry as Paajtor is Dutch.

Only a german will notice that subtle difference.

GlobalExplorer
02-02-07, 01:16 PM
German to waiter: "Can I become the bill?"

You don't get it, do you?

Paajtor
02-02-07, 03:02 PM
I may be Dutch, but I sure get that one, lol!:D

Ok, I stand corrected.:lol:
I'm just happy that I know the keyboard-shortcut (on UK keyboard here, but set to US-layout, lol) for the German "Ringel-S" (ß).
I thought that in WW2-days, the ß was more commonly used instead of the regular S?
Anyway, it's Ctrl+Alt+S.

Get this one (http://www.61shap.org/pilots/Paajtor/ZeGermanCoastGuard.MPG)?:rotfl:

Carotio
02-02-07, 03:44 PM
When it comes to "daß" or "das" you also have to take "das" in this case, since "daß" would be a conjunction whereas "das" is a demonstrative pronoun.

Just as a sidenote:

In German, with the new rules of spelling, introduced about 5 years ago, I think, one cannot spell the conjunction with ß anymore, but with ss, so now "daß" is "dass".

Just to make this discussion more complicated... :lol:

bigboywooly
02-02-07, 04:20 PM
Dammit
Its hard enough to remember what I learnt years ago
Now its changed ?
:damn:

Carotio
02-02-07, 05:35 PM
Dammit
Its hard enough to remember what I learnt years ago
Now its changed ?
:damn:

Yes! I don't know the exact date for it, but about 5 years ago, new rules were introduced! Some words which were written as one word has to be written as two words: kennenlernen -> kennen lernen (to know/be familar with someone), the rules about when to write ss or ß is "simplified" (depends how one sees that!) and much more. One just has to practise a foreign language enough to be able to remember it....

Okay, back to topic for me:
I'm really looking forward to the extra compartments, though not operational, as far as I have comprehended/understood (what's the difference?), but as extra eye-candy it's also very much welcome!!! :up:

Shepelly
02-02-07, 07:16 PM
WOW:o........Its the Philadelphia experiment all over again:hmm:

Don't give up mate, someone will come up with something, i'm sure. With the talent out there It'll work out or it just can't be done.;)

longdog499
02-03-07, 01:35 PM
I've been in Holland since Wednesday.Just got back,thrown my suitcase into the hallway and rushed up to the computer to see how this mod is coming on.Urfisch,the whole world is holding it's breath on this one.

Woof1701
02-03-07, 05:09 PM

Just as a sidenote:

In German, with the new rules of spelling, introduced about 5 years ago, I think, one cannot spell the conjunction with ß anymore, but with ss, so now "daß" is "dass".

Just to make this discussion more complicated... :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out!
You're right with that of course. However I boycott the "Rechtschreibreform" and prefer to spell it the old way. For whatever it's worth ;)

BTW I prefer not to become a bill. I'd prefer to become a uboat captain ;)

urfisch
02-03-07, 06:13 PM
I've been in Holland since Wednesday.Just got back,thrown my suitcase into the hallway and rushed up to the computer to see how this mod is coming on.Urfisch,the whole world is holding it's breath on this one.

holland?.. :hmm: - :D - :|\\- :huh: - :o - :gulp: - :doh: - :rotfl: - :zzz:

welcome back in the real world, dude :arrgh!:

you are right. its goin to be a nice mod...i also cant wait to see it in the game. but as i needed help implementing the compartments it takes its time. with divingduck the community has a very nice, enthusiastic and skilled man. he helps me with this project and does a lot of work for the mod to be released. so all i can say is: we are on it! and we will keep you informed. there should be some news in the next days.

:know:

JCWolf
02-03-07, 06:18 PM
All I can say is it's better if you ,
Please :()1: change the threads name...
The words IT'S DONE gives me a hart attack
like someone allready talled....:rock:

Reece
02-03-07, 08:27 PM
This is going to be one MASSIVE mod!!:yep: Thanks to Urfisch & all others throwing in their help to get this going, I, and a lot of others, certainly appreciate it!:rock:
I'm watching this thread intently for "Download here", :D
Many Thanks.

robbierob2005
02-03-07, 09:15 PM
I really appreciate the work Urfisch ao put in this mod. :D
I can't wait to see that the subject of this topic is reality:rock::rock::rock:

As in SH3-talk

Keep up the good work:up:

The Noob
02-04-07, 01:34 AM
I was waiting for this sooooo long. :rock:

The BEST thing is, since SH4 will use the same engine, we can do it on SH4 too, i guess. Fixing what the devs refuse to do, lol! :)

longdog499
02-04-07, 07:25 AM
[/quote]

holland?...:hmm: - :D - :|\\- :huh: - :o - :gulp: - :doh: - :rotfl: - :zzz:

:know:[/quote]

That's incredible urfisch!My whole week summed up in a line of icons.:o

JohnnyBlaze
02-04-07, 12:18 PM
holland?.. :hmm: - :D - :|\\- :huh: - :o - :gulp: - :doh: - :rotfl: - :zzz:

:rotfl:

Jimbuna
02-04-07, 06:50 PM
@ JohnnyBlaze

What is it in your posts that results in my security protection programmes warning me of 'security certificate errors' ? :hmm:

Mav87th
02-05-07, 04:05 AM
@ JohnnyBlaze

What is it in your posts that results in my security protection programmes warning me of 'security certificate errors' ? :hmm:

Ditto - kind of annoying

urfisch
02-05-07, 04:09 AM
its one of the smileys...which is linked from another site. nothing serious...

;)

Jimbuna
02-05-07, 04:49 AM
Okay...thanks :up:

Paajtor
02-05-07, 04:49 AM
Yeah, it's this one, obviously (reefermanseeds.com)

Just authorize for this session only, and you'll be fine.

Jimbuna
02-05-07, 05:36 AM
Prima :up:

Konovalov
02-05-07, 11:57 AM
This is going to be one MASSIVE mod!!:yep: Thanks to Urfisch & all others throwing in their help to get this going, I, and a lot of others, certainly appreciate it!:rock:
I'm watching this thread intently for "Download here", :D
Many Thanks.

Ditto. I still don't quite believe some of the things that have been made possible within SHIII by such an incredible and dedicated community of modders. Fingers, legs, and anything else crossed for this one. :yep:

ReallyDedPoet
02-05-07, 12:11 PM
Yeah, it's this one, obviously(reefermanseeds.com)

Was wondering what that was:up:

gamers2000
02-05-07, 02:58 PM
@urfisch: LOL! :D
Can't wait for DL! :D

rascal101
02-05-07, 03:56 PM
Yeh I was wondering what the reeferman thing was, I guess we know a little more about someones more clandestine activities.

Actually speaking of reeferman, does any one know if Mr Urfish has finished his smoke mod, I know we are all ****ting ourselves for the additional compartments but I was also really looking forward to the smoke mod, though not the one from reeferman if you get what I mean.

Yeah, it's this one,

robbierob2005
02-05-07, 04:05 PM
Urfisch what's the status!!! Feeling like a child who has to wait just 1 day before christmas to open his presents!!:lol:

JohnnyBlaze
02-05-07, 08:24 PM
@ JohnnyBlaze

Dont think it's me tho I was getting the errors before I posted a message

GT182
02-05-07, 09:18 PM
Yeah, it's this one, obviously (reefermanseeds.com)

Nope, you are not fime. It now comes up everytime I get on SubSim..... and it's really annoying the crap out of me now. It's even worse in this thread when you make a reply or edit.

Urfisch, can you get rid of the smiley link from reefermanseeds site please? That will stop the security alerts.

CCIP
02-05-07, 09:44 PM
guys, I've removed the problem-causing smiley from all posts.

In the future, please host your images on sites like imageshack.us or photobucket.com instead of using bandwith from other sites and causing inconveniences with security permissions.

flyingdane
02-06-07, 01:54 AM
What? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/flyingdane/053.gif

Jimbuna
02-06-07, 05:41 AM
guys, I've removed the problem-causing smiley from all posts.

In the future, please host your images on sites like imageshack.us or photobucket.com instead of using bandwith from other sites and causing inconveniences with security permissions.

Thanks CCIP :up: ....I'd blocked it anyway :yep:

GT182
02-06-07, 07:38 AM
Thanks CCIP. :up:

CptGrayWolf
02-06-07, 01:22 PM
IT'S DONE! oh wait...it's not done.

CaptainNemo12
02-06-07, 08:40 PM
IT'S DONE! oh wait...it's not done.

Somebody REALLY needs to change the name of this thread...;)

Iron Budokan
02-06-07, 09:40 PM
I know. Everytime I check it I think, "Hooray, it's done!" and then: :damn:

Hartmann
02-06-07, 11:19 PM
We need a soldering flame to open the jammed hatch :damn:

or explosives ..:88)

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/923/minicaja2nm2.jpg

urfisch
02-07-07, 04:05 AM
:hmm:

maybe youre right...ill think about that.

ok, now serious. we are on it. but as i have to wait for the coding skills of diving duck and we both have a job and a household to care for, it takes its time. sorry for all the delay. and i tried to change the title in "its almost done..." but that didnt worked. maybe an admin should do this.

:smug:

Jimbuna
02-07-07, 04:57 AM
Real life comes first mate :yep: ....SO GET YER FINGER OUT AND HURRY UP!! :arrgh!: :rotfl:

Reece
02-07-07, 07:08 AM
We are all trying to have patience, it's just that this, would have to be, the mother of all mods!:yep:

STEED
02-07-07, 08:12 AM
The title of this thread is going to send me nuts and around the bend. :88)

I keep popping in to check when this mod will be released. :yep:

Good luck. :up:

Payoff
02-07-07, 09:46 AM
If this project does come to fruition, does that mean they could keep modelling all the way to the bow torpedo room? Is the 3D interior model big enough for this, or am I dreaming?

urfisch
02-07-07, 12:34 PM
If this project does come to fruition, does that mean they could keep modelling all the way to the bow torpedo room? Is the 3D interior model big enough for this, or am I dreaming?

theoretic this is possible. if we decode the camera.dat - but even then its quite hard, cause a whole interieur model would surely have to many polygons. that would mean a very bad framerate in the boat.

Myxale
02-07-07, 12:44 PM
theoretic this is possible. if we decode the camera.dat - but even then its quite hard, cause a whole interieur model would surely have to many polygons. that would mean a very bad framerate in the boat.

Why not put a hatch there and like in the game for the radio room. :hmm:

thefretmaster
02-07-07, 02:11 PM
or you could model so far and then have a flat wall with a picture of the next compartment as the camera would probably be too hard to add into extra compartments, i think this would be a good substitute and would mean that less polys were needed

DarkPa
02-08-07, 01:40 PM
Sounds like you guys are hatching a plot to plot some hatches.....:hmm:

Iron Budokan
02-08-07, 02:08 PM
Sounds like you guys are hatching a plot to plot some hatches.....:hmm:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

MobyGrape
02-08-07, 02:08 PM
Well end up in the BoobieHatch:damn: :arrgh!: :rotfl:

Payoff
02-08-07, 02:32 PM
Well end up in the BoobieHatch:damn: :arrgh!: :rotfl:

Was'nt that in Operation Petticote?:lol:

rascal101
02-08-07, 03:41 PM
I'm constantly amased by this particular threads ability to wonder off subject.
First there was the great Dutch / German pronouciation debate, then there was some ones dope smoking smileys, now were on to pettycoats and boobies, which can be quite interesting in and of themselves but I would like to keep My UFish on target and not destracted, as I want his smoke as well as access to the new sub quarters!

roomsWell end up in the BoobieHatch:damn: :arrgh!: :rotfl:
Was'nt that in Operation Petticote?:lol:

MobyGrape
02-09-07, 10:40 AM
We simply must have Pink Hatches:|\\ and maybe a set of golf clubs nearby:sunny:

dean_acheson
02-10-07, 01:52 PM
Any news on this? I haven't noticed any new screenshots recently.

Jimbuna
02-10-07, 05:19 PM
DITTO :hmm:

Hartmann
02-10-07, 08:41 PM

No new screenshots yet

(bump !!)

tommyk
02-11-07, 06:56 AM
Woah, I hardly can wait for news... I very much like to see additional comparments. Its much more than the often used "eye candy". Its about immersion to me... I very much hope you will succeed!

Lord_Kitchener
02-11-07, 09:37 PM
Better fugeddabout it....he's modding subpens now:rotfl: :down:

Madox58
02-11-07, 09:51 PM
DD is on the code issues now.
Not everyone can do every part of a mod such as this by themself.
Look into the K-ship mod and see how long it's takeing me! :o
Since I'm working alone, I had to learn, and am still learning,
all the ins and outs that must be done to reach a goal such as these
mods!
It's not cloneing something and going from there.
This type work is createing something that never existed before in the Game!
It is VERY time consumeing and dedicated work.

Hartmann
02-12-07, 12:06 AM
DD is on the code issues now.
Not everyone can do every part of a mod such as this by themself.
Look into the K-ship mod and see how long it's takeing me! :o
Since I'm working alone, I had to learn, and am still learning,
all the ins and outs that must be done to reach a goal such as these
mods!
It's not cloneing something and going from there.
This type work is createing something that never existed before in the Game!
It is VERY time consumeing and dedicated work.

i´m agree. :yep:

take your time :up:

Uber Gruber
02-12-07, 01:07 PM
Yeah, no rush.....<cough>

robbierob2005
02-15-07, 04:45 PM
This topic is sinking. To bad. I'am trying 3dstudiomax myself. It's not that easy for a beginner.

Madox58
02-15-07, 05:00 PM
There are several sites with good tutorials on 3d Max.
Google is your friend.

robbierob2005
02-15-07, 05:30 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanx!:D

Madox58
02-15-07, 07:09 PM
Alot of the good tutorials are in video formats.
Save them to your HD so you can go over them.
they tend to go fast! :o
I had to watch the UV one like 10 times!! :doh:
Here's a couple links:

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/1

http://video-tutes.com/packages/3d1.php

robbierob2005
02-16-07, 12:22 PM
Thanx for the links. I'll look at them this weekend:up:

Jimbuna
02-16-07, 12:48 PM
and thanks from me for that second one :up:

Reece
02-19-07, 09:19 PM
Has this project sunk, it's seems it's now resting on the bottom!:cry::cry:

Lanzfeld
02-19-07, 09:39 PM
Please, once again, CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!

ReallyDedPoet
02-19-07, 09:51 PM
%$&#:damn::damn::damn:

By the number of views to this thread you think UBI would get the picture.

Madox58
02-19-07, 11:15 PM
and thanks from me for that second one :up:

That one does have some pretty good stuff, doesn't it?

Ducimus
02-19-07, 11:20 PM
http://www.mts.net/~hooch/images/flying_pig.jpg

Madox58
02-19-07, 11:30 PM
New Harley?
:rotfl:

Jimbuna
02-20-07, 03:27 AM

:roll: :rotfl:

DivingDuck
02-20-07, 03:54 AM
Moin,

http://www.mts.net/%7Ehooch/images/flying_pig.jpg
it´s just Harley´s newly improved sound processing unit. It will be placed underneath the backseat. (KTM rules!!!)

As for the hatch project, it´s not stopped. I´m still at the coding. But it takes time. I´ve run into some coding issues I´m not yet able to cope with. Normally the illumination and opacity settings of a map/texture may be controlled via a specific data block. But the u-boat´s interior model uses another approach. The object´s data blocks contain their own TMAP sections responsible for the lighting.
I´ve extended the camera sectors to our needs. So walking to the additional compartment is possible.

Now that my debris package is released I´ll turn my whole attention back to this mod again. Every time from now you see me releasing another project it will be some kind of distraction to get my brain freshed up. Cross your fingers that it all works out before my family kills me thinking I´m a stranger.

Regards,
DD

Reece
02-20-07, 04:40 AM
Appreciate your hard work, thanks.:up:

pierreandre
02-23-07, 06:30 PM
News from this great work??? I hope so!-)

DivingDuck
02-27-07, 11:37 AM
Moin,

there is news.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8852/shot003na8.jpg http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2990/shot004rr7.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9358/shot005iw2.jpg http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2288/shot007uh5.jpg

BUT the price is high. As you see, there´s way to go, a lot of objects are still missing and the *.dat is about 32MB in size already.

Regards,
DD

CptGrayWolf
02-27-07, 11:55 AM
Moin,

there is news.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8852/shot003na8.jpg http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2990/shot004rr7.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9358/shot005iw2.jpg http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2288/shot007uh5.jpg

BUT the price is high. As you see, there´s way to go, a lot of objects are still missing and the *.dat is about 32MB in size already.

Regards,
DD

Woah! I don't care if there are objects still missing, I'll take what I see right now! :rock:

ReallyDedPoet
02-27-07, 12:11 PM
Just when you thought it would not be back, nice freakin pics:rock::rock:

pierreandre
02-27-07, 12:34 PM
WOW :o :o :o i can't believe it....GREAT WORK :rock: :rock: :rock:

XXi
02-27-07, 12:35 PM
There are some pieces missing ? Who cares, the very job is damn well done, we can forget few cables&equipment here and there :)

Alex
02-27-07, 12:36 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5084/canardem6.png

Jimbuna
02-27-07, 12:37 PM
Keep at it matey....looking good :up:

perdu
02-27-07, 01:19 PM
let us kill our graphics cards with this !!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock:

very nice work guys :D

dean_acheson
02-27-07, 02:47 PM
wow, how lovely!

Woof1701
02-27-07, 04:08 PM
I WANT it!!!!:rock:

Penelope_Grey
02-27-07, 04:15 PM
Can I just say, fair play, that is some excellent work.

GT182
02-27-07, 04:37 PM
Looks great DD. :up: Keep plugging away at it, you'll get it the way you want eventually.

Mush Martin
02-27-07, 04:45 PM
Listen Duck dood, ive been meaning to have the Captains Cabin
in Uberboot renovated and expanded.........................................

Seth8530
02-27-07, 05:18 PM
Superb! i say let the GPU"S BURN IN THIER OWN SWEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hulk:

Tigrone
02-27-07, 06:49 PM
Very well done, indeed.

Venatore
02-27-07, 09:11 PM
Looks great.

ReallyDedPoet
02-27-07, 09:22 PM
Close to 15,000 views and counting, the super-mods aside, this must be close to a record for mods.

Reece
02-27-07, 10:40 PM
AWESOME DUDES!!! :rock:

Filax
02-28-07, 03:54 AM
Hello

How many pages do I have to go back to see what´s new? What are you talking about? I have not seen anything new.
BTW, who´s behind this project now?

Filax

Woof1701
02-28-07, 04:44 AM
Hello

How many pages do I have to go back to see what´s new? What are you talking about? I have not seen anything new.
BTW, who´s behind this project now?

Filax

Keep your eyes open and have a look at post #207

Rolf Eschke
02-28-07, 06:26 AM
Hello Together!
Increadable,I cant believe,that this Mod Dream will come True!
Wonderful,You should get a Medal for it.
Cheers Rolf
:up: :up: :D

DivingDuck
02-28-07, 09:41 AM
Moin,

I need help. My brain is burning and I´m stuck.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6467/crpro001hintergrundtd6.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6735/crpro001ebene8ze5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3492/crpro001ebene7yx8.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2710/crpro001ebene6xf5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/520/crpro001ebene2oz9.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8798/crpro001ebene3kr7.jpg

The lights are shining trough the walls.
And I cant find the hinges objects to delete them from the scene. :damn:

Actual Standing

the *.dat file has reached 40MB in size now
I´ve deleted the RR.dat, it seems that this one is not needed any more
F8 does not bring you to the radio room any more
you may walk trough the command AND radio room in one piece
everything seems to be functional in the "attached" radio room, but I don´t have time to test it to all detail

Regards,
DD

ReallyDedPoet
02-28-07, 09:48 AM
Someone help this man, pleeeeeeeeeeaassse.

Jimbuna
02-28-07, 10:38 AM
So bloody near as well :hmm:

robbierob2005
02-28-07, 12:04 PM
Whow:o Looks very good:D Almost there!

Hartmann
02-28-07, 04:20 PM
No is the same problem with lights and bodies in bridge and control room views ???

i remember that some lights pass through bodies and somebody made a fix for it. :yep:

The Noob
02-28-07, 04:26 PM
No is the same problem with lights and bodies in bridge and control room views ???

i remember that some lights pass through bodies in the bridge view
and Anvart made a fix for it. :yep:

Alex
02-28-07, 04:48 PM
Here is the link to the Halo not visible through body (http://files.filefront.com/HaloNotVisibleThroughBodyrar/;6039546;;/fileinfo.html) !! http://www.crypticmadness.com/Forum/images/Smiles/smilejump.gif
Hope this helps....

VipertheSniper
02-28-07, 05:01 PM
Don't want to spoil the fun here, but shouldn't the hatch, even when it's open, still be there on it's hinges? So I'd rather try to rotate the hinges 90° to the left, and reattach the hatch.

Diving Duck you say the *.dat is already 40 MB, how big was it before your work on this mod?

Hartmann
02-28-07, 05:04 PM

i remember that some lights pass through bodies in the bridge view
and Anvart made a fix for it. :yep:

thanks ! :up:

LukeFF
02-28-07, 05:16 PM
Don't want to spoil the fun here, but shouldn't the hatch, even when it's open, still be there on it's hinges? So I'd rather try to rotate the hinges 90° to the left, and reattach the hatch.

I was thinking the same thing as well.

Filax
02-28-07, 09:07 PM
Hello
Moin,

I need help. My brain is burning and I´m stuck.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6467/crpro001hintergrundtd6.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6735/crpro001ebene8ze5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3492/crpro001ebene7yx8.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2710/crpro001ebene6xf5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/520/crpro001ebene2oz9.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8798/crpro001ebene3kr7.jpg

The lights are shining trough the walls.
And I cant find the hinges objects to delete them from the scene. :damn:

Actual Standing
the *.dat file has reached 40MB in size now
I´ve deleted the RR.dat, it seems that this one is not needed any more
F8 does not bring you to the radio room any more
you may walk trough the command AND radio room in one piece
everything seems to be functional in the "attached" radio room, but I don´t have time to test it to all detail
Regards,
DD
I can not help you. But I just must say :huh: . Wow.
Spotting SHIV at the horizont I never thought this project will be finished, until now. By the way, I do not care if the hatch is missing.

Filax

CptGrayWolf
03-01-07, 02:58 AM

If you do that I think the hatch would block the radio shack. Unless you meant to move it on the other side.
Anyways, It's just fine by me to simply remove the thing. :up:

VipertheSniper
03-01-07, 05:04 AM

If you do that I think the hatch would block the radio shack. Unless you meant to move it on the other side.

Since you can't move freely through the U-Boat anyway (and if you do with shift+F2 there is no clipping), it doesn't matter much if it's "blocking" access to the radio shack, unless you can't click on the radio operator anymore.

of course he could make it open to the right (seen from the captains quarter), I don't know in which direction it opened so, that would be fine with me, but I think it shouldn't just go away completely

Kumando
03-01-07, 07:47 AM
This is great, you even located the obs periscope in the right position :up:

CptGrayWolf
03-01-07, 12:08 PM

Since you can't move freely through the U-Boat anyway (and if you do with shift+F2 there is no clipping), it doesn't matter much if it's "blocking" access to the radio shack, unless you can't click on the radio operator anymore.

For me, personally, it would be a much bigger immersion killer to have the hatch smack in the middle of the radio room.
And looking at the size of the hatch and its relation to the radio room, I think it would be about right in the middle of it.
Hey look, we can barely see the radio operator because the hatch is in the way...:nope:

Alex
03-01-07, 12:14 PM
I think that CptGrayWolf is right, IMHO.... :p

DivingDuck
03-02-07, 03:40 PM
Moin,

the doctors say there won´t be any persistent damage to my brain. :huh:

There will be no further additional compartments, UFN. To understand why I have to tell you about this project which was initiated by Urfish. In the end it turned out to be an issue of hex editing only. After you´re through you´ll see that this pro isn´t made from magic. I´ve just copied and pasted some lines.
The first approach was based on implementing newly created objects to the scene. This worked out basically, but the major problem, the scence´s prelighting couldn´t be solved till now. Allthough the textures were apllied to them all new objects showed up "foggy". It seems that Pack3D isn´t able to import/export a specific section (TMAP). This section contains data necessary to enlighten the scene and works together with some data blocks that have been attached to the *.tga files to control prelighting. So I took another approach, I merged the command and radio room *.dat files and adjusted the camera sectors. That´s why no radioroom.dat is necessary. The CR.dat has grown from about 23MB to about 40MB. Pack3D refuses to import objects since then. And on the other hand we still have the problem of prelighting when adding new objects. Unfortunately the hinges are part of the radio room object. I rotated them already but the prelighting information was lost after re-importing. Actually I´m trying to identify the data that represent the hinges. Maybe there´s a way to rotate them by hex. As for the lights that shine trough the walls I´m getting closer to a solution. I´ve found out how this has been achieved with stock lights in the radio room. Applied it to the command room bulkhead and it worked. But for some unknown reason the lights in CR turn off when passing the bulkhead now. I´m at it and have reasonable assurance that it will work out fine.

Regards,
DD

thefretmaster
03-02-07, 06:34 PM
outstanding work there! :up:
but funny how things work out. think about it, if the game came with no hatches, would someone be doing exactly the same thing to add them in :hmm: ha keep it up!

Payoff
03-03-07, 02:47 AM
Thanks for all your hard work DD. This must be very time consuming.:up:

DivingDuck
03-05-07, 11:36 AM
Moin,

BETA Version is available for download at my FileFront Site (http://hosted.filefront.com/DivingDuck) (ca 16.13MB). Thanks Urfisch for pushing me this far.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7671/crpro001ebene1oe8.jpg

Known Problems:
+lights still shine through the walls
+hatches not rotated yet

Dont´forget to backup your files before overwriting/deleting!!!

Since I haven´t had the time to test it to all detail I NEED FEEDBACK whether all sections of the radio room work correctly or not.

Regards,
DD

nvdrifter
03-05-07, 11:44 AM
Moin,

BETA Version is available for download at my FileFront Site (http://hosted.filefront.com/DivingDuck) (ca 16.13MB). Thanks Urfisch for pushing me this far.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7671/crpro001ebene1oe8.jpg

Known Problems:
+lights still shine through the walls
+hatches not rotated yet

Dont´forget to backup your files before overwriting/deleting!!!

Since I haven´t had the time to test it to all detail I NEED FEEDBACK whether all sections of the radio room work correctly or not.

Regards,
DD

It appears the download link is overloaded at the moment. :doh:

ReallyDedPoet
03-05-07, 11:56 AM
Just got into the site, still no go:damn::damn:

DivingDuck
03-05-07, 12:25 PM
Moin,

here are alternate download links:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4687fc

http://www.mediafire.com/?4hlqlwkujey

Regards,
DD

Rubini
03-05-07, 12:33 PM
I'm always late here in Subsim...Awesome work DivingDuck!
Kudos to you!:arrgh!:

Rubini.

Woof1701
03-05-07, 12:39 PM
Wow. Thanks man! Looks great. And I now have to wait TWO days till I get home to try it out :damn:

Jimbuna
03-05-07, 12:43 PM
Awesome stuff DD :rock: :arrgh!:

Rubini
03-05-07, 12:45 PM
DD,
I can´t open the pdf (install directions) because it´s use a not common font (IVANOV?). Or is just me (my PC)?:hmm:

Rubini.

Edited: Opens without problem in my notebook. So is a problem with my PC!:damn:

DivingDuck
03-05-07, 02:16 PM
Moin,

@Rubini:
I´ve not used a font named IVANOV. Check your downloaded file. Maybe it´s corrupt.

For anybody having troubles opening the installation instructions:
Copy the NSS_Uboat7_CR.dat to the folder ...\SilentHunter3\data\interior\NSS_Uboat7\...
and delete NSS_Uboat7_RR.datBackup your original files before!

Regards,
DD

Rubini
03-05-07, 02:28 PM
@Rubini:
I´ve not used a font named IVANOV. Check your downloaded file. Maybe it´s corrupt.

Fixed. it's really a problem with my PC.
Sorry DD!