SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-16, 11:32 AM   #1
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159
Uploads: 0
Default Real navigation as in sh5

Well i was lloking and finaly star orientation was disgusting me, but i was wondering for real navigatios similar to scripted version in sh5.

So i think its posible make a trikky mod. I have detached graphs in map, so theres only my lines and marks.
Realy the only way to know position is by using protractor. A solution with out of recoding game is disable protractor if its not in surface or bad weather.
Mybe get active only 20 minuts aound the hour when in sh5 mod lets you use it. I dont know how complex or wich liberty this game specificly restrict for modding something like that.
Any way, players can emulate this restriction, looking weather, becose celestial navigation was so rought for me and the game lose some of the magic go so extreme for me.
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-16, 09:40 PM   #2
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

For what it's worth, I don't think getting rid of the protractor is a sustainable solution. Too many people use it in their map work for intercepts and targeting. I also notice that, at least on my patrols, days and nights will get out of sync with the clock and I'm not talking about time zones. If that's a generalized case and not just specific to me, then celestial navigation is a non-starter.

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 01:04 PM   #3
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

i dont use the protractor in deed. The only use is to mark position in map, not very acurrate becose later i will have to mark point position.
If you use real navigation you shouldent use it. But i have to acept that block it could be like a nightmare to cross kiel chanell (wich is realy boring, long and boring)

celestial navigation gets extra for some players but real navigation in deed is more than celestial position, is more related to traking path, nothing and scrach on map.
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 04:51 PM   #4
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

AH! My mistake... I was thinking about the protractor in SH5 since there's a separate waypoint tool. What you're asking makes a lot more sense now. My bad and apologies for the confusion.

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
real navigation sh3