SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-13, 01:58 PM   #1
Gotmilk
Planesman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default any way to change field of view

Hi

I need the game fov be changed to 120. Google did not give me anything useful. Does anyone know a workaround or a mod that would help me achieve this.

Thanks
Gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 02:18 PM   #2
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

I'm not sure why you think you need that, as you're supposed to work with sensors and maps and little drawings .. none of that requires it. FOV @ 120 for the scope's, UZO and binocs would be cheating and the freelook function is rather useless for anything other then global direction setting. IMHO.

AFAIK, it can't be changed.
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 02:55 PM   #3
Gotmilk
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by plj View Post
I'm not sure why you think you need that, as you're supposed to work with sensors and maps and little drawings .. none of that requires it. FOV @ 120 for the scope's, UZO and binocs would be cheating and the freelook function is rather useless for anything other then global direction setting. IMHO.

AFAIK, it can't be changed.

I need 120 fov for a very simple reason. I am playing sh5 with oculus rift and it works great. The only thing that is wrong is a narrow 90 view that blows everything out of perspective. In order to have a true virtual reality experience i have to have 120 fov. I am absolutely sure that it can be done. But i dont know how and i doubt anyone has done it before because there was no need.

If any smart modders out there have any suggestions or hints how to achieve this i would be very thankful.
Old 10-05-13, 03:00 PM   #4
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

You can change FOV in the cameras.cam.. you can edit it using S3D..

EDIT: I don't remember exactly, perhaps you can edit it via Goblin too..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-13, 03:27 PM   #5
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Set up goblin as in this post
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39&postcount=1

Open camera.gr2 and merge with camera.cam - then edit
see here for freecam edit
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...49&postcount=7
Old 10-05-13, 03:30 PM   #6
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
I need 120 fov for a very simple reason. I am playing sh5 with oculus rift and it works great. The only thing that is wrong is a narrow 90 view that blows everything out of perspective. In order to have a true virtual reality experience i have to have 120 fov. I am absolutely sure that it can be done. But i dont know how and i doubt anyone has done it before because there was no need.

If any smart modders out there have any suggestions or hints how to achieve this i would be very thankful.
...now I'm jealous
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 04:55 AM   #7
Gotmilk
Planesman

OMG guys. Thanks so much. I managed to get the freecam to 120 fov and it is perfect. Everything looks so damn beautiful and its already tons of fun to fly around submarine. This thing is huge. Most creepy moment was going under water

So now i have freecamera the right size but i am still unable to the captains view camera to work ok. When i changed _Dummy_Cam_FreeCamera to 120 it worked without any problems.
But there are tons of other cameras. _Dummy_Cam_RadioRoom, _Dummy_Cam_FreeConningTower, _Dummy_Cam_ConningDeck and etc. Changing camera values on these does absolutely nothing. In captain mode i still run with narrow 75 (not 90 as i first thought) FOV.

Am i missing something? Freecamera works but the camera where i run around as a captain does not change.

I would be very thankful for any help.
When i get everything to work as itended then i am gonna write a short review on VR SH5 + i add a gameplay video.

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-06-13, 06:28 AM   #8
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Sorry - I am not sure about the other cams. Scope mods will adjust fov for some.
TDW did some work on cams for his UI mod (gave an extra free cam and zoom from avatar). Perhaps he may come back soon and offer some help.

You should try and PM elanaiba, he would know how to help you.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=214931

Old 10-06-13, 07:38 AM   #9
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilk View Post
OMG guys. Thanks so much. I managed to get the freecam to 120 fov and it is perfect. Everything looks so damn beautiful and its already tons of fun to fly around submarine. This thing is huge. Most creepy moment was going under water

So now i have freecamera the right size but i am still unable to the captains view camera to work ok. When i changed _Dummy_Cam_FreeCamera to 120 it worked without any problems.
But there are tons of other cameras. _Dummy_Cam_RadioRoom, _Dummy_Cam_FreeConningTower, _Dummy_Cam_ConningDeck and etc. Changing camera values on these does absolutely nothing. In captain mode i still run with narrow 75 (not 90 as i first thought) FOV.

Am i missing something? Freecamera works but the camera where i run around as a captain does not change.

I would be very thankful for any help.
When i get everything to work as itended then i am gonna write a short review on VR SH5 + i add a gameplay video.

Thanks for your time.
If I remember correctly you can only change free camera, scopes, UZO and binocular.. I tried to change deck and flack gun cameras but no luck.. perhaps all other cameras are hard coded..
but I can be wrong..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 08:25 AM   #10
Gotmilk
Planesman

Thanks guys. I pm-ed Elenaiba. Also tried to PM TDW but his inbox was full. Hope he sees this thread and gives his input.