SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-12, 07:19 AM   #1
Olsin
Bosun

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0
Default Not being credited for kills

I've had a search through but can't seem to find any answers for this problem, which is...My last patrol didn't credit me for the last 3 kills.

My mod list has remained unchanged for quite a while now although i did load up the merchant fleet mod as well as the 4 gig patch a couple of weeks ago (works perfectly) plus i loaded up the "No Jawohl" mod and added a couple of tga's for improved smoke this morning although, i can't really understand how this could be the problem.. There was no problem at the start of the patrol but i noticed the "she's going down" message was absent after i had sunk a merchant..Neither was there a icon on the map that showed a downed ship..The ship just disappeared from the map.
I know i could unload the No jawohl mod and check if thats the problem but i'd be jarred if i had to do without that.."Jawohl herre kaleun" after nearly every click of the mouse is damn annoying.

I decided to quit the patrol after this happened 2 more times because if i wasn't being credited for my kills then there was no point in carrying on.

Has anyone had a similar problem?
Old 05-06-12, 08:16 AM   #2
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Hi Olsin.

I have had this happen occasionally. Sometimes the ship will sink, I get the "she's going down" but there's no icon on the screen or it's exactly as you describe. I wonder if it isn't a bug in the stock game. I just ignore it and move on.

You could test your mod list at a different time and place in game to see if it's a mod. Wish I could be more help.

Good hunting.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 11:22 AM   #3
Kpt. Weyprecht
Gunner

Downloads: 89

I remember having this problem back when I played stock SH3. I thought it's been solved by the supermods (any of them, I suppose) for a long time, I'm quite surprised...
Kpt. Weyprecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 12:36 PM   #4
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Are these sinkings in different areas or are you camped in one location ?
Sometimes when you sink a ship close to a spawn point to game will respawn the unit
As you have already sunk it in the games eyes you wont get credit for sinking it again.
Can also happen when saving and reloading a save.

If neither of the above is most odd

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 01:31 PM   #5
Olsin
Bosun

As i mentioned, my mod list has been quite unchanged for a long time...I run GWX gold and maGui's final, New SHIII environment v.1 plus quite a few smaller mods. A few weeks ago i loaded up the merchant fleet mod plus the 4 gig patch...The sim played beautifully and i didn't have any kind of problem at all....This morning though i loaded up the No jawohl mod and launched myself straight out on a patrol...I was patrolling up the east coast of England in spring 1940 (the good days) and had already sunk a couple of vessels. My plan was to try and sneak into scapa and see if i couldn't get close to something big but just before Edinburgh i came across a medium sized merchant. I got myself lined up and managed to get an eel under the smoker. As it wasn't packing any weapons i surfaced (i can never hit them once they start zig zagging!) and finished it of with my deck gun..The problem showed itself here when my gunners stopped firing (indicating it was going down) but on the map all i saw was the ship fade away..No icon or anything..I took over the gun and shelled it a few more times just in case but it didn't make any difference..I thought "wtf!"...

I just shrugged though and carried on....The same thing happened 2 more times before i got to scapa so instead of carrying on i ended the patrol and came here to hear if anyone has had the same problem.

I haven't had the time today to carry on playing but tomorrow i'll try and unload the No Jawohl mod and see if it makes a difference...I'll be jarred though if it turns out that mod is the problem..Up until now i've upped the TC to 2 just before i issue orders just to get rid of the annoying Jawohl herre Kaluen but it's not really a satisfactory work around, sometimes i turn my speakers off just to be free of it as well although when i do that the immersion disappears

Quote:
Are these sinkings in different areas or are you camped in one location
So yes, the sinkings were in different locations..

I'll try without the mod tomorrow and if it helps i'll let post it here.
Old 05-06-12, 01:52 PM   #6
Wigabee
Bosun

Downloads: 3

I have just recently encountered this problem when I sunk a British sub in Blyth harbor. It said "she's going down" but like u crank said, I got no credit and no sunk icon on the map appeared. So far, I have found no solution.
Old 05-06-12, 03:08 PM   #7
andwii
Frogman

Downloads: 76

sometimes I dont even get the she's going down message, it will just sink with no message or credit. Also another bug is I will get ready to launch a torpedo and the ship will just sink itself.
andwii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 09:20 PM   #8
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81

Aside from mentioned spawn bugs, the final hit point of damage could have been caused by something else, like weather.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 11:27 AM   #9
Olsin
Bosun

Well, i don't know what the problem was but it seems to have gone now....I tried a patrol without the no jawohl mod and it worked ok...Just to make sure it was that, i reloaded the mod and tried another patrol..It worked just fine!

The timing of the problem seemed to match with loading the no jawohl mod but yeh, i guess it was just bad timing and i'm putting it down to a random bug...

Thanks to everyone that chipped in with their thoughts....Good hunting
Old 05-08-12, 11:45 AM   #10
kaizerkat
Helmsman

Downloads: 498

I'm leaning toward the wheather theory, cause the last three ships i hit with a torpedo, limped off and before i could get in another position to fire, the high waves took her down.I remember when i struck a ship and 10 mins. later a plane came by and sunk her. No credit. So, instead of being conservative, i'll just fire a couple of eels at my target, especially in bad wheather with high waves
kaizerkat is offline   Reply With Quote