SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-16-11, 10:38 AM   #1
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Default [REL] Radio Messages Engine

This mod will add the radio message engine to the stock game or to Reaper7's UI-Boat v4.14 mod. You do not need this mod if you are using my UIs mod or Magnum Opus (MO) as the radio message engine is already built into it.

from the included text file:

v1.2.0

This will add radio messages and campaign radio messages to the stock game or to Reaper7's UI-Boat v4.14

An options file can be edited by the user (\Radio_Messages.cfg) to configure the radio messages.

When a radio message is shown it will show using the stock radio message interface (a sound will be played also telling the user that a new radio message was received). These messages are not saved and you cannot review prior ones. Depending upon how the options file is setup time compression can be set to 1 when a radio message is displayed.

The sound(s) played when a radio message is received can be changed to German voices by enabling the add-on mod 'Radio_Messages_1_2_0_German_Voices' after this one.

The campaign radio messages are only available when a campaign game is being played (will not be available in Historic missions)

The radio messages are available at any time (campaign or historic mission)

This mod is to be used in conjunction with Trevally's Campaign Radio Messages for OH II (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...22&postcount=1) for the campaign radio messages or any other mod that utilizes my radio message layout and format

TheDarkWraith

This will show when a radio message is received:

Ruby2000's German translations of the radio messages for MO can be used with this.

Can be enabled/disabled at any time.

v1.0.0 - initial release
v1.1.0 - added standard radio messages ability
v1.2.0 - folder structure for sounds changed so as mod can pick a random sound from the folder when needed

v1.2.0 available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20572..._Non_NewUIs_7z

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-19-11 at 12:37 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 11:50 AM   #2
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

I might enable the standard radio message feature in next release so all radio messages can be received by player.

this are great news mate a big THX for that

i realy like the idea also enabeling the standard radio message feature for the next release, as it would (as i assume) prevent a unrealistic "popup" screen and gives additional sound triggers for all of us

...i do like the screen but i hate when it pops in my face automaticaly, escpecially if the receiving sound is still playing. ..this of course is also "handle able" with a little delay for the popup.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 01:26 PM   #3
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Thank you VERY VERY much TDW!!! These radio messages are the same as in your MO mod? I ´will use these your messages in german. Can I use Ruby2000´s translation of your messages in MO please?
Can I activate this mod during patrol or only in the bunker?

@ Stormfly: these german sounds for radio messages are already in your sound mod integrated, so I no need this TDW´s optional mod, or?

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 07-16-11 at 02:21 PM.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 03:05 PM   #4
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

This can be activated/deactivated at any time.

I'm adding the standard radio messages to the radio messages engine. Should be ready here very soon. You'll receive the standard radio messages just like the campaign radio messages are received. You will not get ship sunk/sinking, sub/periscope spotted, or anything like that though.

the options file now specifies the following options:
; player's uboat hull number
UboatHullNumber = U-001
; depth below which do not receive radio messages - in meters
BelowThisDepthDontReceiveRadio = 30.0
; the radio message intercept chance
; this is the chance (0-100 with 100 being always intercepted) that the radio operator will intercept a radio message
RadioMessageInterceptChance = 50
; do we set TC to 1 on new radio message received?
; change below to either True or False
TC1OnNewRadioMessage = True
; language used
; must match folder name in \data\RadioMessages
Language = English

@Stormfly - I only have 4 sounds for the radio messages. Where are the additional sounds? I need one more (English and German voice) for the campaign radio messages if you want them to be a different sound clip.
Old 07-16-11, 03:21 PM   #5
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
This can be activated/deactivated at any time.

I'm adding the standard radio messages to the radio messages engine. Should be ready here very soon. You'll receive the standard radio messages just like the campaign radio messages are received. You will not get ship sunk/sinking, sub/periscope spotted, or anything like that though.

the options file now specifies the following options:
; player's uboat hull number
UboatHullNumber = U-001
; depth below which do not receive radio messages - in meters
BelowThisDepthDontReceiveRadio = 30.0
; the radio message intercept chance
; this is the chance (0-100 with 100 being always intercepted) that the radio operator will intercept a radio message
RadioMessageInterceptChance = 50
; do we set TC to 1 on new radio message received?
; change below to either True or False
TC1OnNewRadioMessage = True
; language used
; must match folder name in \data\RadioMessages
Language = English

@Stormfly - I only have 4 sounds for the radio messages. Where are the additional sounds? I need one more (English and German voice) for the campaign radio messages if you want them to be a different sound clip.
...iam little bit confused now:

for what do we need the "RadioMessageInterceptChance = 50" entry in the options file while you declared "You will not get ship sunk/sinking, sub/periscope spotted, or anything like that though."

...regarding the extra trigger for "Commanders messages" as campaign radio messages, i would recommend changing the connected sound samples:

the "blue normal BDU messages" play "radio_in_type_1.wav" at current if iam correct, change that trigger to "radio_in_type_4.wav" (which is a normal std. radio incomming sound)

connect the important "campaign message event" with "radio_in_type_1.wav" (which is the "commanders message" radio in sound sample you allready have).

Old 07-16-11, 03:44 PM   #6
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
@ Stormfly: these german sounds for radio messages are already in your sound mod integrated, so I no need this TDW´s optional mod, or?
ithink so but have a look on it... depending in what order you install the mod`s

btw, as the new upcomming TDW UI`s fix a bug regarding "receiving sample isnt played sometimes if TC is running" i plan a little update for SDBSM where you can also choose to have the "long commanders sound sample" enabled while at the same time deleting the old SDBSM trigger for it, preventing playing it twice as some ppl reported.

Old 07-16-11, 03:54 PM   #7
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...iam little bit confused now:

for what do we need the "RadioMessageInterceptChance = 50" entry in the options file while you declared "You will not get ship sunk/sinking, sub/periscope spotted, or anything like that though."
You will not get any sub/periscope spotted, ship sinking/sunk, etc. You will get the standard radio messages defined in the radio messages files and the campaign radio messages defined in the campaign radio message files.

The RadioMessageInterceptChance applies to the standard radio messages (and campaign radio messages if they want to use this option). This is the % chance that the radio operator intercepts the radio message. After all there is a possibility that he can miss radio messages

Need a new sound for the campaign radio message. As it is also type of BDU message it will use the current BDU sound.
Old 07-16-11, 03:58 PM   #8
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
You will not get any sub/periscope spotted, ship sinking/sunk, etc. You will get the standard radio messages defined in the radio messages files and the campaign radio messages defined in the campaign radio message files.

The RadioMessageInterceptChance applies to the standard radio messages (and campaign radio messages if they want to use this option). This is the % chance that the radio operator intercepts the radio message. After all there is a possibility that he can miss radio messages

Need a new sound for the campaign radio message. As it is also type of BDU message it will use the current BDU sound.
ohh i see...

...regarding your demand of a new sound, did you read my post above completely

Old 07-16-11, 04:01 PM   #9
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
ohh i see...

...regarding your demand of a new sound, did you read my post above completly
Due to the way it's coded I can't do what you're thinking. If we want a unique sound for the campaign radio messages then I have to have a new sound file for it.
Old 07-16-11, 04:04 PM   #10
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Due to the way it's coded I can't do what you're thinking. If we want a unique sound for the campaign radio messages then I have to have a new sound file for it.
the current BDU sound wont fit for std. BDU messages since we have campaign messages, it will only fit for the new Campaign Messages...

can you live with a new std. BDU message sample

Old 07-16-11, 04:06 PM   #11
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
the current BDU sound wont fit for std. BDU messages since we have campaign messages, it will only fit for the new Campaign Messages...

can you live with a new std. BDU message sample
Yes I can assign the current BDU sound as the sound for campaign radio messages and a new sound as the BDU messages
Old 07-16-11, 04:07 PM   #12
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Old 07-16-11, 04:26 PM   #13
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

you have pm...

Old 07-16-11, 04:35 PM   #14
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
you have pm...
sound file sent.

Standard radio messages enabled and working correctly. Doing final testing.
Old 07-16-11, 04:39 PM   #15
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...processing

Last edited by Stormfly; 07-16-11 at 05:16 PM.