SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-11, 10:23 AM   #1
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [REL] 3000 Meter Bearing Plotter for OM Link Posted: [Subsim Link Pending]

Hey guys this is my first official upload, wouldn't call it my first mod as I only copy and pasted CapnScurvy's mod for the PTO.

It is based in the Metric System as was used in Uboat Campaigns, if someone wants to have an Imperial set I can very easily get that done for you. All you need to do is either request it here, or PM me and I would be happy to.

As I mentioned earlier this is all based off CapnScurvy's PTO mod. I like playing OM and me and perhaps a few other gents want to start trying to expand upon OM. So I guess you can consider this as the first of hopefully many.

I consolidated each resolution file into this download. All you need to do is unzip the file, you will see different folders (8) with the different native screen resolutions (1024,1152,1280,1360,1440,1600,1680,1920). You will need to copy the folder that corresponds to what resolution you play at. IE If you play at 1024x....then copy the 1024 folder into your mod folder. If you play at 1280x720/800/1024 copy the 1280 folder and so on and so forth.

It is JGSME ready just copy the folder into your mods folder and activate it. I would recommend it be one of the last if not the last to avoid having any issues.

You will need to have to system of measurements in game set to either Metric or Authentic for this mod to work properly.

Currently awaiting permission from Neal to begin uploading to Subsim's Download Section. As soon as I receive it I will post the link here!
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***************

Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4003aa...20for%20OM.rar

All credit goes to CapnScurvy all I did as I said earlier was copy paste so that we might use it in OM.

Last edited by Slyguy3129; 03-20-11 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-20-11, 10:09 AM   #2
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey guys sorry for the deadness in this thread. It appears I might have been a bit hasty in making my post before I had permission to upload.

But I have just gotten in contact with Neal and in the process of getting FTP access to upload the mod.

Sorry for the delay, but I will update the first post ASAP once I receive that ability!
Old 03-20-11, 12:04 PM   #3
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0

If you have time, I am sure an Imperial version would be welcome.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 01:44 PM   #4
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'll get to work on that next week.

But to be warned in order to use the Imperial in OM you will need to set it to that or it will remain Authentic which will use the metric system.
Old 03-20-11, 01:52 PM   #5
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Can't wait to try it Sly.

If you'd like I could upload the file to Subsim for you. PM me if you want, I'll be online a while.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-11, 06:30 PM   #6
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Link to mediafire is up for now. There will be a Subsim link pending!
Old 03-21-11, 11:22 PM   #7
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

holybajezus this file is big. sorry i'm still using my cellphone for internet. good work sly. i take it this will be included in our addon mod which by the way we need a name for.

drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 09:03 AM   #8
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yea sorry the file is rather large.

As far as the name I was thinking maybe OMx or something simple. Us military guys have never been good at naming things.
Old 03-22-11, 07:38 PM   #9
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Well we cant name something close to that. How about........ The iron coffen mod or the atlantic commanders mod? The atlantic strategics mod? Or just plain old ato addon mod for om?
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 08:23 PM   #10
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ha I'm cool with all of those. Since it was really your idea to start this ip I'll let you have the honors.

Though I must admit I was leaning closer to The Super Fantastical Atlantic Theater of German Kick Butt and take names The Musical mod or SFAToGKBtM for short.
Old 04-04-11, 02:36 AM   #11
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

I activated the 3,000 yd. bearing tool for OM/OMEGU/Kiub. My game crashed twice when I tried to dock at the end of a mission. My set up seems pretty clean, so I believe it is the mod. I deactivated it. The game no longer crashes when I end a mission.
Old 04-07-11, 12:00 AM   #12
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have heard trying to run this mod at high res can cause problems due to the size. What resolution are you running?
Old 04-07-11, 09:13 AM   #13
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default slyone

1366 x 768 at 60 Hertz. Captain Kyster sent me an email re offering to try to determine a fix. He offerred to send me some questions to answe indicated that he should be able to propose a fix. I agreed. However, I have yet to see any further communication from him on the subject. (He comes up with fixes to the wierdest issues.)

I am starting to enjoy OM/POMEGU/Kiub. Having to ID ships' nationalities makes it interesting. Yesterday, I attacked a German convoy off the coast of Norway by mistake, damaging two merchants. Then, later, when I attacked a lone allied merchant, my boat struck something or was damaged by a bomb from an airplane. It sank to the sea floor. One compartment flooded. I spent an hour real time unsuccessfully attempting to get it off the sea bed. I gave up when my girlfriend, dressed in German leather, sporting an officer's hat, and yielding a whip, ordered me raise my periscope and prepare to be disciplined for being late to dinner and failing to set the table por feed feed the German Sheppard guard dogs and her French toy poodle named "Herr Jacque." I told her I was fighting for the Fatherland's honor. She replied, "Herr Goofball, NO EXCUSES!" (I would teel you what happened next, other than I had no dinner, but she issued an order "What happens in Kiel STAYS in Kiel"),

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 04-07-11 at 09:38 AM.