SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-11, 04:15 AM   #1
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] "Wasserbomben!" sound fix

Wasserbomben SoundFix by Rongel & Stormfly

This mod adds the "Wasserbomben!" audio report when depth charges are dropped into the water. This critical feature was missing in the stock game and all other sound mods that I'm aware of. There are two versions of the mod on this site:

1. Wasserbomben SoundFix basic mod
There are two different soundclips shuffling the audio and a third clip which is silent. This means that you get a report only about 66 % of the depth charges dropped. This is to add some randomness, and to reduce audio overlapping during heavy depth charging. The sounds are from stock game. 1.1 version contains Stormys fix and a fix for missing airplane gun watersplash sound from 1.0.

Download: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3905

2. Stormflys updated version
to users WITH Stormys Das Boot sound mod
Attention ! With the current version, we have not only "Wasserbomben!" callouts, now we have 50 shuffeling "fitting" sounds. Additional to the 3 stock "Wasserbomben!" we have now additional 47 DBSM soundclips shuffling the audio. This means that you get a "Deptcharge in the water" report very rare, at current only 8 samples report that depth charges are dropped. This is to add some randomness, and to reduce same samples overlapping during heavy depth charging or deptcharging far away. We think it's more realistic too, and adds much more to immersion now than before.

Download: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3906

Install:

These mods need to change Baza_FX_Sounds.dsd and Sh.sdl in order to work. Both are compatible with FX_Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith which changes sh.sdl. I suggest you take a backup of these files before installing.

Locations:

SH5/data/sounds/sh.sdl
SH5/data/Library/Baza_FX_Sounds.dsd

Install the fix with JSGME. It's okay to overwrite Sh.sdl should FX_Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith already alter it.

NOTE: Wasserbomben sound mod is also included in Stormflys DBSM. So if you are using it, this mod is obsolete.

Question and feedback are welcome!

Bombs away!

Last edited by Rongel; 01-26-13 at 05:45 AM.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 04:26 AM   #2
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Wasserbomben SoundFix v.1.0 by Rongel

This mod adds the "Wasserbomben!" audio report when depth charges are dropped into the water. This critical feature was missing in the stock game.

There are two different soundclips shuffling the audio and a third clip which is silent. This means that you get a report only about 66 % of the depth charges dropped. This is to add some randomness, and to reduce audio overlapping during heavy depth charging. I think it's more realistic too. The sounds are from stock game.

Install:

This mod needs to change Baza_FX_Sounds.dsd and Sh.sdl in order to work. It's compatible with FX_Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith which changes sh.sdl. I suggest you take a backup of these files before installing. Locations:

SH5/data/sounds/sh.sdl
SH5/data/Library/Baza_FX_Sounds.dsd

Install the fix with JSGME. It's okay to overwrite Sh.sdl should FX_Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith already alter it.

Other stuff: I hope that this small fix mod finds it's way to some larger mod so that we can forger this problem forever. You have my permission to use this in your mods but credits would be nice! I'll be adding this fix soon to the new version of my own Battlestations Sound mod which improves battle sounds greatly. This is version 1.0 and there may be some issues! Feedback is welcome, especially if you have technical hints!

Download link: http://www.filefront.com/17851686/Wa...oundFix_1.0.7z

Bombs away!
You rocks mate. Congratulation. I will test wrighaway.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 04:29 AM   #3
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Heya,

Cheers

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 04:36 AM   #4
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi again mate,

If i play Wasserbomben3 located in Wasserbomben_SoundFix_1.0\Data\Sound i can not hear nothing (it is not sound). It is Ok that?

And the last question (correct me if i am wrong please):

- when a DD start to drop charges in the water i will hear ,,Wasserbomben1 or Wasserbomben2 Wasserbomben3,, and i will know that soon the charges will explode. It is correct that?

Thanks
Old 01-26-11, 04:42 AM   #5
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Can i change something in your mode to have a report about 100 % of the depth charges dropped?
If i rename (outside the mod) for example Wasserbomben2 with Wasserbomben3 and paste after that inside the mode i will have then the Wasserbomben3 with a sound. That means i will have a report about 100 % of the depth charges dropped?

It is correct that mate?

Thanks
Old 01-26-11, 05:01 AM   #6
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

oh nice, finally!!!
Really been missing this in SH5. Excellent and thanks
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 05:02 AM   #7
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Hi again mate,

If i play Wasserbomben3 located in Wasserbomben_SoundFix_1.0\Data\Sound i can not hear nothing (it is not sound). It is Ok that?
Quote:
Can i change something in your mode to have a report about 100 % of the depth charges dropped?
If i rename (outside the mod) for example Wasserbomben2 with Wasserbomben3 and paste after that inside the mode i will have then the Wasserbomben3 with a sound. That means i will have a report about 100 % of the depth charges dropped?
Yes, Wasserbomben3 is a silent sound. It's the reason why only 2/3 depth charges are reported. If you put sound to Wasserbomben3 (copy and rename Wasserbomben2 to Wasserbomben3) all charges are reported.

Quote:
when a DD start to drop charges in the water i will hear ,,Wasserbomben1 or Wasserbomben2 Wasserbomben3,, and i will know that soon the charges will explode. It is correct that?
The "Wasserbomben" sound is connected to the sound of depth charge hitting the ocean surface, so when there is a depth charge splash, there is "Wasserbomben". There is a shuffle mode that randomly picks one of the three sounds. If there is a heavy depth charging going on, all those reports are a bit annoying (and unrealistic, soundman couldn't hear much with all the noise) and that's why only 2/3.

But does it work for you? I'm a bit nervous fiddling with the .sdl and dsd.files.... I think it should work well with the Megamod too but can't confirm that, cause I'm not using it myself.
Old 01-26-11, 05:12 AM   #8
Ragtag
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 163

Quote:
But does it work for you? I'm a bit nervous fiddling with the .sdl and dsd.files.... I think it should work well with the Megamod too but can't confirm that, cause I'm not using it myself.
I just tried enabling it with the mega mod but there is a conflict with "sh.sdl". I have no idea if anything get's screwed up if i overwrite but i guess it will.

Btw, i took the liberty to ask TDW if he could add this to the mega mod. Hope i didn't step on your toes here
Palit RTX 2080Ti.
Fortron 1000W PSU.
BenQ XR3501R LCD.
Ragtag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 05:26 AM   #9
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

The game is starting with your patch enabled (I am using FX_Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith and Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod - this 2 mods are in conflict with your mod) . I did not ,,really,, tested yet because i did not meet a DD. But i will tell you ASAP.
Old 01-26-11, 05:32 AM   #10
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I just tried enabling it with the mega mod but there is a conflict with "sh.sdl". I have no idea if anything get's screwed up if i overwrite but i guess it will.

Btw, i took the liberty to ask TDW if he could add this to the mega mod. Hope i didn't step on your toes here
First take a backup copy of your sh.sdl! My sh.sdl file is based on TDW's FX Update mod's sh.sdl, and that seems to be identical with Megamod's sh.sdl (just checked). So there shouldn't be any conflict using this with Megamod.

Yes it's okay to ask TDW that. He can also confirm if there is a confilct expected with Mega mod.
Old 01-26-11, 05:39 AM   #11
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
(I am using FX_Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith and Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod - this 2 mods are in conflict with your mod)
Now this is a problem: Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod changes a lot of things in the Sh.sdl file and if you overwrite it with my fix, it will take them away. If you know S3D editor it's really easy to copy my info manually to your Sh.sdl file. And maybe Stormy will udpate his mod and include this into it.
Old 01-26-11, 05:56 AM   #12
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Now this is a problem: Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod changes a lot of things in the Sh.sdl file and if you overwrite it with my fix, it will take them away. If you know S3D editor it's really easy to copy my info manually to your Sh.sdl file. And maybe Stormy will udpate his mod and include this into it.
No, I do not know S3D editor(but i will try to learn). Where i can download it?

Thanks! (I really want the both mods to work togheter)
Old 01-26-11, 06:52 AM   #13
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Thanks Rongel, I´ll give the MOD a try too !
Old 01-26-11, 07:36 AM   #14
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Done!
In fact your sh.sdl file is based on TDW's FX Update and has only 3 extra lines at the end. So i copied all the lines missing in sh.sdl based on Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod. I deleted the sh.sdl from your mod and i enabled after the Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod mod.

Now i have all the 3 mods compatible: TDW's FX Update , Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.2 MFCM Basemod and your mod.

You think it is ok that way?
Old 01-26-11, 09:26 AM   #15
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Yes, Wasserbomben3 is a silent sound. It's the reason why only 2/3 depth charges are reported. If you put sound to Wasserbomben3 (copy and rename Wasserbomben2 to Wasserbomben3) all charges are reported.

The "Wasserbomben" sound is connected to the sound of depth charge hitting the ocean surface, so when there is a depth charge splash, there is "Wasserbomben". There is a shuffle mode that randomly picks one of the three sounds. If there is a heavy depth charging going on, all those reports are a bit annoying (and unrealistic, soundman couldn't hear much with all the noise) and that's why only 2/3.

Hi mate,

I tested. A DD started to drop charges in water and i heard few times:,,Wasserbomben,, After few seconds i heard the explosion of dept charges. No CTD - all is ok. So in my opinion it is working. Congratulation again for this mod mate!