SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-09, 08:00 PM   #1
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Default [REL]Manos Optics-Final

UPDATED 10/6/09
-----------------

minor change to 'MANOS OPTICS-ADD ON'
----------------------------------------

i have put the compass at a higher place at attack peri becuase it was a little annoying when using the stadimeter.
get it from my filefront page,instruction are in the readme
the attack peri with the compass higher:

UPDATED 21/5/09
-----------------

MANOS OPTICS-add on
----------------------

this is an add-on to ''MANOS OPTICS''

The idea of the reversed uzo is now for use at attack peri too.meaning...place the horizontal line at the top mast of the ship and read the mark that waterline is showing at scale
and some other tiny things that all described in the incuded readme

this add-on is for both ''MANOS OPTICS (reversed uzo)-x6'' and ''MANOS OPTICS (reversed uzo)-x15''

pics:

UPDATED 20/5/09
-----------------

for those who have download my mod before 20/5/09 : you will find from today(20/5/09) at my filefront page and at subsim's download section the ''MANOS OPTICS (reversed uzo)'' which containes the reversed range finder scale at uzo
I am thanking Pisces for his wonderfull idea to change (reverse) the position of the range finder scale
WARNING: DON'T REPLACE the older uzo image with the new one! disable the ''MANOS OPTICS'' and enable the ''MANOS OPTICS (reversed uzo)''

''MANOS OPTICS'' is the final version of my previous mod ''new optics+stadimeter-set x15'' and ''new optics+stadimeter-set x6''
(only for use with olc's gui 127)

from the read me

changes
-------
1.new images for attack periscope and observation periscope (sh4-look)
2.all cameras at optics devices (attack and obs peri and uzo) are now fuctional when game is paused.so...take your measurments.... drinking coffee ;-)
3.new image for the uzo.i have used parts of the wac and olc's gui uzo images in order to create this one.i am thanking both of HANSOLO and ONELIFECRISIS for their images

UZO
---
the new uzo is basically designed for use at night

you will notice a new vertical scale (red colour).the use of this scale is:place the ABOVE RED HORIZONTAL LINE to the top mast of the ship and read the mark that the waterline is showing on scale and then :

10x(mark)x(mast)=range

it is jsgme ready , can be found here: http://hosted.filefront.com/makman94
and at subsim's download section

The new look of uzo (with the reversed range finder scale) :

Last edited by makman94; 06-09-09 at 07:37 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 01:04 PM   #2
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Wow. Gonna check this one out. Looks nice!
Old 05-18-09, 01:24 PM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

I was wondering. Can you raise that line and flip the red scale downwards? The line on the mast-end and the scalemark on the waterline would seem to work easier. But a caveat here: I haven't used such a scale before in earnest.
Old 05-18-09, 01:58 PM   #4
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Wow. Gonna check this one out. Looks nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
I was wondering. Can you raise that line and flip the red scale downwards? The line on the mast-end and the scalemark on the waterline would seem to work easier. But a caveat here: I haven't used such a scale before in earnest.
i a not sure that i understand exactly what you mean Pisces,but the scale can be put ANYWHERE you want (and the same goes for horizontal line too---i did it this way becuase we all are used to work with the horizontal line)
but remember:when you want to use the scale (and you had put it somewhere else ) you must 'put' the waterline at the base of the scale

edit: i got your point Pisces,you see my english are betrating me! yes it is possible to be done.the horizontal line up and it will need a reverse og the scale.very nice idea !! lets see it in action,i will try it.thank you

Last edited by makman94; 05-18-09 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-18-09, 04:17 PM   #5
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Cool. . .

Impressive work!

I am so impressed, I think about manual targeting now, after 3,5 years with SH3 (and only SH3).

Thank you Macman94. You opened new horizons in Onelifecrisis work. . .

. . . with the WAC version

NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-09, 04:36 PM   #6
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT View Post
Impressive work!

I am so impressed, I think about manual targeting now, after 3,5 years with SH3 (and only SH3).

Thank you Macman94. You opened new horizons in Onelifecrisis work. . .

. . . with the WAC version

@NGT: thank you very much but hold on a second! the idea of the scale belongs to olc (so credits to him).i am only made a more acurate and fuctional scale (and a 'new' uzo look ....but this has to do with everyones tastes)
wac's version is already...ready! but Pisces gave me a very good idea and i will change the uzo's scale.when it will be ready it will be released

@Pisces : you meant something like this right ? ( the horizontal line that sh3's engine produce is impossible to go up there) :

Old 05-19-09, 08:18 AM   #7
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
10x(mark)x(mast)=range
Why not simply add a zero to the numbers in the scale, and then multiply scale x mast?
Old 05-19-09, 10:35 AM   #8
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Why not simply add a zero to the numbers in the scale, and then multiply scale x mast?
hello Hitman,
yes i had thought this but i left it becuase then 60=600 ,50=500 ....and the scale would be ''full'' of numbers (only the dots at 3,5 and 4,5 would be the earn).the fact that this scale is not equal devided means that the more marks you add ...the better.i wanted ,if it was possible to have no numbers at all but this seems impossible
here is how the uzo will look with Pisces idea(it will be released asap):

Old 05-19-09, 11:23 AM   #9
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
@Pisces : you meant something like this right ? ( the horizontal line that sh3's engine produce is impossible to go up there) :
Exactly! Puting the '0'-line on the waterline hides it into the dark area of the hull. Not much use there. I think it is used better to see which part or mast is at the very top, while keeping the scale to the side of the ship's image, like right next to the sharp distinctive bow. (assuming the marks stand out against the darkblue water) Ofcourse, it seems to me it works better but that is in a large part because the uzo/periscope view is very stabilised (does not roll). And that wasn't the case in RL. But there wasn't such a scale anyway so it's a moot point.

The hardcoded blackline does confuse people a bit maybe. Nobdoubt they are going to ask about it's use, or make the mistake of putting it on the waterline. (old habbits die hard) It's very unfortunate that it has to stay in view.
Old 05-19-09, 02:15 PM   #10
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Exactly! Puting the '0'-line on the waterline hides it into the dark area of the hull. Not much use there. I think it is used better to see which part or mast is at the very top, while keeping the scale to the side of the ship's image, like right next to the sharp distinctive bow.
... as was done in real life with the periscope

The horizontal line is placed at the top of the mast because it is much easier to match it with that part of the ship, while the waterline is so long that it will intersect the scale always.
Old 05-19-09, 04:43 PM   #11
von schatten
Watch

Downloads: 186

Thanks for the mod-looks great. My uzo appears to be misaligned by 10 degrees. Any body else have this problem-is it the mod or my install? Thanx.
von schatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-09, 06:00 PM   #12
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by von schatten View Post
Thanks for the mod-looks great. My uzo appears to be misaligned by 10 degrees. Any body else have this problem-is it the mod or my install? Thanx.
hello Von schatten, what do you mean with the word 'misaligned' ? can you post a pic?
Old 05-19-09, 08:30 PM   #13
makman94
Hellas

check the first post (its updated) you will find there my mod with the reversed range finder scale at uzo.

@Pisces:when you are saying that the uzo ( in real life ) didn't roll ,you mean that it wasn't moving vertical at all ??(i did it to move a very little more down in order the above red horizontal line to 'catch' the horizon)

@Hitman:right.this explains for what was the marks of vertical scale that are lower from the horizontal line.
the marks of vertical scale that are above horizontal line are propably had use for the stadimeter

Last edited by makman94; 05-19-09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 09:46 PM   #14
von schatten
Watch

Downloads: 186

Three snaps from the torpedo training mission. The target is stationary as is the U-boat. The bearing on the periscopes read 354. The bearing on the Uzo reads 343.

von schatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 01:09 AM   #15
makman94
Hellas

@Von schatten,
you haven't install the mod correctly
the 'problem' is been caused becuase you are not using the menu_ini of my mod(or you have enable some mods AFTER my mod that are conflicting with my mod's files) .also,you can't use only the images themselfs.
the uzo,in order to work properly , needs the menu_ini and the cameras.also, thats the reason that you have an empty notepad at the attack periscope.
if you intend to use my mod ,you will enable first the olc's gui 127 core files(i will suggest you ,not to enable the dark files as the images are all dark enough) and immediately then my mod.be sure that no other mods (that you may enable AFTER my mod) must conflict with the files of my mod(unless,you know exactly what you are doing)

bye

Last edited by makman94; 05-20-09 at 05:19 AM.