SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-15, 12:45 PM   #1
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Uploads: 0
GWX 3 or LSH ??????

is there an updated version of GWX 3.0 Gold or any updated add ons? I was just wondering because ive been away for awhile and ive dove back into it with another powerful PC so im gathering my Mods and I have GWX 3.0 Gold on a hard drive already. so I was wondering before I started DLing the batch files and all that. Another question is now when I first started playing SH3 8 years ago I used GWX and then went to Living Silent Hunter. im kinda torn between the two when I freshly install SH 3 so what should I do here lol ? I have more add-ons Mods for GWX as LSH is one huge mod collection. I just downloaded those awesome Uboat packs of the SH5 uboat conversion which is more compatible with GWX. so as I said im torn....

Thanks,
drakkhen20
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 01:31 PM   #2
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
is there an updated version of GWX 3.0 Gold or any updated add ons? I was just wondering because ive been away for awhile and ive dove back into it with another powerful PC so im gathering my Mods and I have GWX 3.0 Gold on a hard drive already. so I was wondering before I started DLing the batch files and all that. Another question is now when I first started playing SH3 8 years ago I used GWX and then went to Living Silent Hunter. im kinda torn between the two when I freshly install SH 3 so what should I do here lol ? I have more add-ons Mods for GWX as LSH is one huge mod collection. I just downloaded those awesome Uboat packs of the SH5 uboat conversion which is more compatible with GWX. so as I said im torn....

Thanks,
drakkhen20
IMO, the easiest solution would be to make multiple copies of SH3, use MultiSH3 to set up separate savegame folders for each copy, and install any and all of the megamods that interest you. That way, you can try them and see which one you like best. In the long run, yours is the only opinion that matters anyway.

BTW, don't forget to give NYGM a look, too. It has the most stress on historically appropriate gameplay, and with all the add-on mods, it looks pretty good too.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-15, 06:26 PM   #3
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

well actually I stress about that to myself about making SH 3 really really accurate and as close to real as the game permits. I like the real looking uboats and weather and guis and ai and docking. im not great at manual targeting so I stay away from mods like that. ive tried and tried to do it but now my real life doesn't permit me the time either to sit down and do those things much anymore so Im wanting to set up SH 3 where I can jump on do a patrol for 4 or 5 hours and save it if I have to to finish another day. I used to play the crap out of GWX but I like LSH for its micro management of actually going through locks at ports and such. if these two mods were combined it would be perfect for me.
Old 01-10-15, 08:07 PM   #4
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

can NYGM be used with GWX ? I just checked out a couple of vids and D-Loaded all the files. I watch youtube vids from a user called Wolfpack, in his comments he listed his mods in order but wasn't clear on if he was using GWX with it or not. so im all confused now .
Old 01-10-15, 09:04 PM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
can NYGM be used with GWX ?
No. They are two completely separate supermods. In theory it would be possible to combine elements of the two, but it would take someone with a lot of experience a very long time to compare the separate files and make them work together. For the average gamer they were built for different reasons and not meant to work together.
Old 01-10-15, 11:13 PM   #6
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

lol, so in another word. they aren't compatible. Gotchya thanks SailerSteve. been a while. glad to see your still around. you still do the ship names and all that ??
Old 01-11-15, 07:30 AM   #7
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
Nay, BigWalleye, that is not the easiest solution!

Use S3F - it includes the code of S3M and even does the copying for you.
Mea culpa. Most folks like 'em ready-rolled, but a few of us old dogs still roll our own.
Old 01-11-15, 08:59 AM   #8
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
you still do the ship names and all that ??
The last update I did was April 2013. I'm thinking about starting again once I get SH3 up and running the way I want it.
Old 01-11-15, 11:50 AM   #9
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

awesome SailerSteve looking forward to it. well ive decided to go with NYGM for now. still trying to figure out how to do the steibler patches and stuff. theres so many files here and there and its been a while since ive played around with SH3. the confusing part is.....

you DL Hsei patch kit, then you dl all NYGM files which include steiblers patch. there are optional files also for hsei, then you read the patch notes and it says that one of the fixes isn't compatible with NYGM. WTC! blitz I will read your post I guess to see what I can do about this multi thingy. thanks for the link and info.
Old 01-11-15, 05:39 PM   #10
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

well I tried my best and failed with installing everything. well I felt the I followed the instructions to the T with Steiblers patching and Hsei patch and installing NYGM. as soon as the NYGM loading bar got 3/4s of the way.....CTD

heres my mod list

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS]
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
1500 meter bearing overlay
Alternate Dial Faces
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
FuMB37
Harbor Traffic Add-In
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
O2-Gauges v2
Restore Gods Eye View
Single Merchant Contact Mod
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1

im sure something is out of place as NYGM did not explain anywhere I could find how to load out his Mod.
Old 01-11-15, 06:47 PM   #11
Pigmachine
Seaman

Downloads: 20

GWX 3 gold really nice.. but no official ongoing support
+ 1920x1080 support

LSH Also damn good (a big plus on ability to raising the flag) and it's still being worked on, so we will probably see a new update with a widescreen support.
- no current widescreen support.

I actually prefer LSH.. but have both installed, and a fresh copy for the upcoming (before my beard is all gray) new version.

There are a lot of differences between the two.. but try them both and choose for yourself, can't go wrong with either one of them.
Pigmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-15, 07:06 PM   #12
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

well as I stated before. I just tried NYGM and it wont even load up so im probably uninstalling and trying again with LSH with the Steibler patch kits.
widesecreen or no widescreen doesn't bother me a bit. my monitor know which res is 4:3 and 16:9 so it doesn't stretch the image in 4:3 so im good.

I guess when I get tired of LSH ill try NYGM again. maybe there will be a btter write up on it or what don't know. Thanks fellow sailors for all your input.

thanks,
drakkhen20
Old 01-11-15, 08:17 PM   #13
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
well I tried my best and failed with installing everything. well I felt the I followed the instructions to the T with Steiblers patching and Hsei patch and installing NYGM. as soon as the NYGM loading bar got 3/4s of the way.....CTD

heres my mod list

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS]
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
1500 meter bearing overlay
Alternate Dial Faces
CaptainAmericaOfficerIcons
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
FuMB37
Harbor Traffic Add-In
MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
O2-Gauges v2
Restore Gods Eye View
Single Merchant Contact Mod
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1

im sure something is out of place as NYGM did not explain anywhere I could find how to load out his Mod.
First, click on this link: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/ to go to the NYGM download webpage. This is the link on the bottom of the first post in the NYGM sticky thread in this forum. It is also the first link that comes up if you type 'NYGM download' into google or probably any other search engine.

Second, download the mod labeled: 1. NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Full_Version.7z. (Essential. 322 megabytes) This is the primary NYGM mod. It is conspicuously absent from the mod list you posted. The other NYGM mods won't work without it.

Third, READ the webpage! Pay special attention to the sentence: "The first five of these mods MUST be installed in the order shown above."

Fourth, READ the rest of the webpage. It contains specific and detailed instructions for how to install NYGM, how to activate NYGM, which mods are essential, which mods are optional, and what everything does. It is written in clear, easy-to-understand English.

WAEFRD

Last edited by BigWalleye; 01-11-15 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-11-15, 10:59 PM   #14
álvaro
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1474

BigWalleye, I need your opinion about a question:

Could you tell me the best list of mods to use in NYGM ??
Very important is the following:
That list would have the best compatible GWX and LSH3 mods to use them in NYGM.
Thanks.

Could you put your mod list with the order of the mods like Magui F, youraces turm 7, Sh5 water to sh3 v84 16-20 km...and so on, all the news mods...

Thanks
Old 01-12-15, 08:48 AM   #15
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

álvaro, I replied to your similar post in the NYGM sticky thread. Please check there.