SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-15, 11:55 AM   #16
álvaro
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1474
Uploads: 0

Excuse me BigWalleye, I don´t see your post in this thread. Thanks for your help. I know that I always can with help here, in this forum. there are a good people here. thanks again, a lot.

Last edited by álvaro; 01-12-15 at 12:05 PM.
álvaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 08:28 PM   #17
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post

First, click on this link: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/ to go to the NYGM download webpage. This is the link on the bottom of the first post in the NYGM sticky thread in this forum. It is also the first link that comes up if you type 'NYGM download' into google or probably any other search engine.

Second, download the mod labeled: 1. NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Full_Version.7z. (Essential. 322 megabytes) This is the primary NYGM mod. It is conspicuously absent from the mod list you posted. The other NYGM mods won't work without it.

Third, READ the webpage! Pay special attention to the sentence: "The first five of these mods MUST be installed in the order shown above."

Fourth, READ the rest of the webpage. It contains specific and detailed instructions for how to install NYGM, how to activate NYGM, which mods are essential, which mods are optional, and what everything does. It is written in clear, easy-to-understand English.

WAEFRD
crap crap crap! i just seen what your talking about! ive been having health problems here and there all year which is why ive been gone for awhile. aside from me not having a good PC either. i just got a new one. but the last of the health problems is a feel a brain fog and disorientation. so im glad you caught that for me lol. i did download every file, but i must have well obviously i confused a file with another. thank you. ill try again one more time before i go through with LSH.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 09:27 PM   #18
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

my mod list now. I decided to eliminate most optional and go with all essentials by what the NYGM page said. I already set up all the stielbler files and NYGM files it asked me to before. no testing it all it works until going into mission or single mission. on load screen it tells me nothing. I puch start on my windows and I see this little window that says
"no CSubTorpedoCtrl*: cmihalache" what the heck am I doing wrong here. I read the instructions carefully and tried different load outs.

mod list load out ...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS]
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
Old 01-12-15, 10:02 PM   #19
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
my mod list now. I decided to eliminate most optional and go with all essentials by what the NYGM page said. I already set up all the stielbler files and NYGM files it asked me to before. no testing it all it works until going into mission or single mission. on load screen it tells me nothing. I puch start on my windows and I see this little window that says
"no CSubTorpedoCtrl*: cmihalache" what the heck am I doing wrong here. I read the instructions carefully and tried different load outs.

mod list load out ...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS]
NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
In order to use the Stiebler patches, you must first use h.sie's patcher(V16B1-Patch-Kit) to modify your sh3.exe file. Then use Stiebler's patcher. Activate the patches using the option selector in Stiebler's patcher. Don't use the one that comes with H,sie's patch kit.

Now activate all your other mods using JSGME. Set up the Supplement to V16B1 mod folder (h.sie's) and the Stiebler4C Addon for V16B1 mod folder (Stiebler's). Ativate these 2 folders last with JSGME. With your light mod list, you should be good to go.

The important thing is that you must use h.sie's patcher or Stiebler's patcher won't work properly.

Good luck. Keep posting here if you still have problems.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-15, 11:48 PM   #20
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
In order to use the Stiebler patches, you must first use h.sie's patcher(V16B1-Patch-Kit) to modify your sh3.exe file. Then use Stiebler's patcher. Activate the patches using the option selector in Stiebler's patcher. Don't use the one that comes with H,sie's patch kit.

Now activate all your other mods using JSGME. Set up the Supplement to V16B1 mod folder (h.sie's) and the Stiebler4C Addon for V16B1 mod folder (Stiebler's). Ativate these 2 folders last with JSGME. With your light mod list, you should be good to go.

The important thing is that you must use h.sie's patcher or Stiebler's patcher won't work properly.

Good luck. Keep posting here if you still have problems.
yes i remember doing that with the patches. maybe i screwed something up in the files for supplement or something. ill double check these again tomorrow and see and i will try that order also. the NYGM mod will not run on its own either. tried that earlier. you have to have the steibler patch in there or it will just CTD.
Old 01-13-15, 07:52 PM   #21
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

I didn't see anything out the ordinary with the patch kits. so im starting over with a fresh set of exe file and install. how exactly in what order do I need to "patch" the exe file ?