SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-17, 01:43 PM   #1
Ezkanexo
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Remove keel breaking?

Hey guys i've got a question. Is this possible to remove the keel breaking of the ships? I've got 1.3 version with NSM and some moddings with Silent 3ditor. I want to remove the keel breaking but adding hitpoints in Zones.cfg is useless and gives nothing. Torpedoes blast radius is set at 4m (stock was 7), damage is 200, armor penetration also 200. Changing blast radius gives a limited effect but below 3m you can't sink big linear ships because they are to weak so 4m is optimal. When set to 8m almost every ship is broken or its fatal exploded. Hit impulse of the torpedo is set at 1000 (stock 4000). It's annoying to hit smaller ships 4 times but bigger ones are sometimes broken with only one. Any suggestions?
Ezkanexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 08:02 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

first off, v1.3 is your main problem, you need to get the patch 1.4 which is a free download and it fixes many many things that are still broken and don't work correctly in the v1.3 of the game. it also uses much less of your computer to run so the game loads and runs much faster.

you need to patch your game to v1.4 at a minimum and then see what problems you have.

99% of all mods for the game are designed for version 1.5 which is a "pay for" ad-on patch that costs around $10 for the download. I highly recommend getting it if you want the game to be decently playable and if you want to be able to add mods to your game.
Old 02-03-17, 08:22 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Ezkanexo!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-17, 04:41 AM   #4
Ezkanexo
Nub

Downloads: 5

No problem i've got all the patches downloaded on computer so i will install it, play some patrols and if nothing will change we will think later
Ezkanexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 02:53 PM   #5
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

I seem to remember WernerSobe added en explosive zone on the keel of the ship to introduce the 'back breaking' effect

Trouble being it happens nearly every damn time

You could inspect each ships zone file in S3D.
I seem to remember poking around in this years ago, and discovering it was possible to remove.

Dammed if I remember how though now

But them SH1.5 came out and NSM wasn't compatible so I shelved it and moved on.

Might be worth a go?

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 08:10 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
I seem to remember WernerSobe added en explosive zone on the keel of the ship to introduce the 'back breaking' effect

Trouble being it happens nearly every damn time

You could inspect each ships zone file in S3D.
I seem to remember poking around in this years ago, and discovering it was possible to remove.

Dammed if I remember how though now

But them SH1.5 came out and NSM wasn't compatible so I shelved it and moved on.

Might be worth a go?
The Japanese cruisers are like that under the front turret positions. One torp and you set off their "magazine" and the ships blow to pieces, some of them "breaking". I've got an FotRSU test mission around here somewhere, for when we were testing that with XTBilly when he was testing his sinking model. I do not remember how much of it, if any, he got into FotRSU before he had to quit because of his work... Some of the tankers are like that also, where if you hit by their first forward crane, they violently explode and break in two. I can't remember the specific ones that break in two, though, but the NKSS_Cat Tonan Maru Catapult ship does almost everytime.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote