SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-07, 05:01 PM   #1441
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I just downloaded and unpacked the Hi Res sea foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper31
What a truly incredible set of mods! ROW really amps up the immerive factor BIG TIME! Much thanks to the developers...great work.

P.S. Everytime I try to download the Hi-Res foam mod, WinRar fails due to several files being corrupted. Anyone know of a workaround?
I will get back to you on this one.
Found no problems and had no problems. Delete any other file's of that you downloaded then try it again. Or download it to my documents instead of the desk top and then try to unpack it. Sometimes Windows dosn;t recognize the new download of a file till you first delete the bad one if they are named the same.

But it worked file for me so I don;t know what else to tell you.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 05:05 PM   #1442
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Excellent work as always

It's big mods like this that I can combine with other big mods (TM) that
make SH4 a pleasure to play.

This isn't to say there isn't other GREAT big mods as I have them all and swap them out regurly for fun of gameplay.

I couldn't make a mod if my life depended on it so, I thank all you modders.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 05:15 PM   #1443
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I didn't take anything apart and change the inner workings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Quote:
I pretty much got the sun rise and sun set in the game to be almost totaly oposit of each other in time.
In the real world, that only happens twice a year, during spring and autumn equinox.
Just using the mini tweeker I changed a few things slightly with sun resizing from the time it rises to the time it set's and inbetween then adjusted the high angles so that the time it rises almost matches the time it set's and you get a true high noon with it.

I only did this so people who want to use the real navigation mod with ROW could do it a lot easier.

I did not change any inner workings of the game other than that. No matter what the sun still seems to ride the eqitorial line so I am sure if you are extreamly North of it or extreamly south of it the time is differn't but around that line it is pretty even and oposit of each other.
Old 11-10-07, 06:21 PM   #1444
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay the new Ship reflection and caustics work is done

ROW_Ship_and_Caustics_Reflections_vs_2 This is the new ship work now posted on 11/10/07 This reworks the reflections to stop flikering and introduces lighter caustics than what I did for the sub's.

This is also posted on the main thread page with the other download's.

I gave all the Ship's caustic effect's but made them a tad lighter than the work with the sub's to be less PC intensive. I teightend up the ship reflections closer to the ship's like I did with the sub's to get rid of flikering effects and also got rid of all the frustrum tests like with the smoke effects so they remain constant and not fad in and out.

There were a few new ships that were made for Triger Maru that I could not do because there was no DAt file's for those ship's. I also added work for the British Illustirius Carrier that I ported over from SHIII to this game.

There were a few ships that already had caustics going but they moved faster than the ship so were not noticable I straightend that out from the original game work. Also made the caustic effects even on all of the ships not stronger for some then others like the orginal game set up.

Enjoy guy's and this can be added to your game at any time with no issues or problems.
Old 11-10-07, 06:26 PM   #1445
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

Hi to all and thanks to you LeoV, have installed al the latest from the ROW series and love it, this and the RSRD MOD have really made SH4 worth playing.

One thing I noticed, the latest tweaks to ROW, not sure which one seem to have affected the in-game smoke, it seems to be more, well, it seems to loom more like sh3, which always seemed to look like flying cotton wool rather than smoke.

I'm not sure if any one else has noticed this, could it be that one of your tweaks has thrown the smoke out a bit.

By no means a critisism of you or your work, just an observation, thanks once again for a great mod

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I pretty much got the sun rise and sun set in the game to be almost totaly oposit of each other in time.
In the real world, that only happens twice a year, during spring and autumn equinox.
Just using the mini tweeker I changed a few things slightly with sun resizing from the time it rises to the time it set's and inbetween then adjusted the high angles so that the time it rises almost matches the time it set's and you get a true high noon with it.

I only did this so people who want to use the real navigation mod with ROW could do it a lot easier.

I did not change any inner workings of the game other than that. No matter what the sun still seems to ride the eqitorial line so I am sure if you are extreamly North of it or extreamly south of it the time is differn't but around that line it is pretty even and oposit of each other.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 06:29 PM   #1446
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Can you post a pic please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Hi to all and thanks to you LeoV, have installed al the latest from the ROW series and love it, this and the RSRD MOD have really made SH4 worth playing.

One thing I noticed, the latest tweaks to ROW, not sure which one seem to have affected the in-game smoke, it seems to be more, well, it seems to loom more like sh3, which always seemed to look like flying cotton wool rather than smoke.

I'm not sure if any one else has noticed this, could it be that one of your tweaks has thrown the smoke out a bit.

By no means a critisism of you or your work, just an observation, thanks once again for a great mod

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Post a picture of this so I can see what you mean please?! I know how the smoke form's depends on the amount of wind at that time. But there maybe something I can do if I have a reference to it.
Old 11-10-07, 07:05 PM   #1447
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Thanks, Leo. Downloading now!
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 08:57 PM   #1448
baxter
中国水兵

Thanks, Leo.
baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 09:13 PM   #1449
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Your welcome letterboy1 and baxter

Anything I and the team can do to make the game better for everyone to enjoy.

I recieved a Pm from Jaketoox saying he is making progress with the sun halo color for the sky above sun rise to before sun set to get rid of the light green look. As soon as he is done I will post a new download for the Sky and Reflection control download.
Old 11-10-07, 10:30 PM   #1450
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Hmm, been playing some more installed ROW Object reflections V2 And ROW Sky And OCENA Controls, I did this while still at sea, now I notice when using outside free camera the whole screen flashes, darker then lighter, am also seeing purple or light blue highlights on distant ships, can be sure but this seems to increase when i hit or damge the ship.

Still unsure re my earlier observation re smok, will keep at it. But definately a problem with external view flashing quite fast from dark to light

Quote:
Anything I and the team can do to make the game better for everyone to enjoy.

I recieved a Pm from Jaketoox saying he is making progress with the sun halo color for the sky above sun rise to before sun set to get rid of the light green look. As soon as he is done I will post a new download for the Sky and Reflection control download.
Old 11-10-07, 10:34 PM   #1451
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I had that happen to me after a Thunder storm

[quote=rascal101]Hmm, been playing some more installed ROW Object reflections V2 And ROW Sky And OCENA Controls, I did this while still at sea, now I notice when using outside free camera the whole screen flashes, darker then lighter, am also seeing purple or light blue highlights on distant ships, can be sure but this seems to increase when i hit or damge the ship.

Still unsure re my earlier observation re smok, will keep at it. But definately a problem with external view flashing quite fast from dark to light

After it got nice out had the light to dark flashing like the game was still trying to make the lightning work. I saved and loaded the save it was gone. I am waiting to see if it happens again in my game after another thunder storm.

Make sure you are running the ROW texture file which ever one you chose for your game. As I made the scene file work with the new star work that Jaketoox did for the mod. And also it is based on the new sky and water work combination from Kriller2 and Jaketoox.
Old 11-10-07, 10:35 PM   #1452
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Default Any one got any tips re the homing torps

Hey can any one give any heads up re those stumpy little homing torpedoes, they look real cute but dont seem to do much in the way of actually homing in on any thing, is there a set way to fire them or use them, I know theyre pretty slow. Shot one off at a minesweeper in a large unallerted convoy, nothing happened.

Any one got any tips re the homing torps
Old 11-10-07, 10:40 PM   #1453
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Tried the save and reload thing, still get the flashing, have just uninstalled and will dock then re-install may be this will fix it

[quote=leovampire]
Quote:
Hmm, been playing some more installed ROW Object reflections V2 And ROW Sky And OCENA Controls, I did this while still at sea, now I notice when using outside free camera the whole screen flashes, darker then lighter, am also seeing purple or light blue highlights on distant ships, can be sure but this seems to increase when i hit or damge the ship.

After it got nice out had the light to dark flashing like the game was still trying to make the lightning work. I saved and loaded the save it was gone. I am waiting to see if it happens again in my game after another thunder storm.

Make sure you are running the ROW texture file which ever one you chose for your game. As I made the scene file work with the new star work that Jaketoox did for the mod. And also it is based on the new sky and water work combination from Kriller2 and Jaketoox.
Old 11-10-07, 10:41 PM   #1454
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default wrong thread for that question

Quote:
Hey can any one give any heads up re those stumpy little homing torpedoes, they look real cute but dont seem to do much in the way of actually homing in on any thing, is there a set way to fire them or use them, I know theyre pretty slow. Shot one off at a minesweeper in a large unallerted convoy, nothing happened.

Any one got any tips re the homing torps
Ask for some answers in this thread.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122205

If anyone might have the answer these guy's might seeing they are working with the torpedo's a lot.
Old 11-10-07, 10:44 PM   #1455
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default BTW did it happen to you AFTER a thunder storm?

I need to know if the same thing happend to you like it did to me after a thunder storm so could you explain more about it?!

[quote=rascal101]Tried the save and reload thing, still get the flashing, have just uninstalled and will dock then re-install may be this will fix it

Quote:
Quote: