SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-14, 04:59 PM   #3781
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

It would seem that after installing the MEP environment mod that the fog meter doesn't work anymore. It just stays yellow and is also upside down. I loaded the Hsie and stiebler patches after the MEP mod in JSGME as well. Can anyone shed some light on what I need to do in order to make it normal again without manually editing the files if the MEP mod? Of will I just have to go ahead and do that?
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 07:54 PM   #3782
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Downloads: 58

This is a convoluted question, but this seems to be the most logical place to ask. To me at least
Obviously, as I'm asking here, I am gonna be using the Patch Kit. But I also wanna use more of h.sie's various mods. Some of them are good to go in the form in which they are available, with no conflict with the Patch Kit. But a couple in which I am interested - first Sergbuto's Wolfpacks Reloaded, second No Continuous Ship Spotted - seem to conflict with the Patch Kit, or indeed have been rendered obsolete. I'm just not sure.
Firstly, has Sergbuto's Wolfpacks Reloaded been superceded by the wolfpack option in the Patch Kit, or does it retain its original function and can therefore be used alongside it?
Secondly, the suggested values for amending Sensors.cfg in order to help make the Patch Kit's Night Vision Fix work, as given in the readme, are radically different from the values given in the version of Sensors.cfg included in the No Continuous Ship Spotted fix. Bearing in mind that this final version of the Patch Kit is more recent than No Continuous Ship Spotted fix, can I therefore assume that the values given in the Patch Kit readme are more important, which then makes the Ship Spotted fix redundant?
Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks in advance for any help
wizardmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 01:36 AM   #3783
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@suitednate:
The two conflicts that you describe in your last two posts above are due to the fact that you have installed other mods over the Hsie and Stiebler patches.

The problem does not lie with SH3Commander, which is only the method of installing the conflicting mods - a very superior method that allows easy un-installation too. The problems would have arisen if you had copied the same other mods into SH3 by drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer.

Therefore it will be necessary to make editing changes to the files of the later mods you have installed in order to maintain compatibility with the two major hard-code patches.

Unfortunately, there are so many other mods out there that it is impossible to provide specific advice about what needs to be modified. The best approach is to remove all mods that you have installed over the Hsie and Stiebler patches, then re-install them one at a time, testing to see which added mod causes problems. All the readable (text) files installed by the Stiebler patch have every change made clearly marked. Just search for the words 'Stiebler' and/or 'NYGM' in the files which the patch installed.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 01:48 AM   #3784
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@WizardMatt:

H.sie's 'good to go' patches were designed for stock SH3 and/or GWX.

1. Sergbuto's Wolfpacks Reloaded is superceded by H.sie's wolf-pack mod in his hard-code patch.

2. No Continuous Ship Spotted is also superceded, in that the Night Vision Fix requires H.sie's revised settings in sensors.cfg.

You didn't say whether you have the Stiebler hard-code patch installed as well as H.sie's, but the Stiebler patch provides two hard-coded solutions to (2):
1. Repeated contact with a ship slows down time compression (tc) to 32, not 8, and the game continues.
2. An option exists to set tc to any *minimum* value you like up to 256 (default 128) for a continuous period (a toggle, ON/OFF). Not recommended near aircraft!

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 03:43 AM   #3785
wizardmatt
Helmsman

Downloads: 58

Stiebler,

thanks very much for the reply, it's made my decision for me o7

Last edited by wizardmatt; 08-29-14 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Temporarily screwy Firefox
wizardmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 10:20 PM   #3786
cristo
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Default Hoping someone can help me out...

I have installed this mod and I believe it is installed correctly - the version updated, my watch officer automatically went to the bridge, my periscope blurred at higher speed, etc. GREAT!!

However, try as I might, I cant seem to get the messages part to work!

I copied the original English and German menu text files into the supplement mod data/menu folder, copied the new text from the modded files and pasted it into the existing files.

The new messages did not appear in the game.

I tried again and moved the new sections into their proper numerical places in the text files. Nothing.

I have disabled and reenabled the supplement mod each time with JSGME to ensure the changes were made but it didn't matter.

Any ideas? I am running GWX 3 from SH3 commander.

I must be doing something stupid here...it is just a text file...

EDIT:

A-HA!

The stupid thing I did was of course not searching through enough of this thread...

SOLUTION (for me): Disable ALL mods in JSGME, then reenable all of them again.

For whatever reason, this worked and was simple enough. Messages appeared when launched with or without SH3 Commander. I did not have a Backup folder in SH3 Commander containing the menu files (this was the problem for some people...)

Last edited by cristo; 09-11-14 at 10:54 PM.
cristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-14, 07:36 AM   #3787
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristo View Post
I have installed this mod and I believe it is installed correctly - the version updated, my watch officer automatically went to the bridge, my periscope blurred at higher speed, etc. GREAT!!

However, try as I might, I cant seem to get the messages part to work!

I copied the original English and German menu text files into the supplement mod data/menu folder, copied the new text from the modded files and pasted it into the existing files.

The new messages did not appear in the game.

I tried again and moved the new sections into their proper numerical places in the text files. Nothing.

I have disabled and reenabled the supplement mod each time with JSGME to ensure the changes were made but it didn't matter.

Any ideas? I am running GWX 3 from SH3 commander.

I must be doing something stupid here...it is just a text file...

EDIT:

A-HA!

The stupid thing I did was of course not searching through enough of this thread...

SOLUTION (for me): Disable ALL mods in JSGME, then reenable all of them again.

For whatever reason, this worked and was simple enough. Messages appeared when launched with or without SH3 Commander. I did not have a Backup folder in SH3 Commander containing the menu files (this was the problem for some people...)
If you use SH3 Commander there is a patch for it for the use of Hsie's. Somewhere in this thread...

All the best.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 09:15 PM   #3788
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
If you use SH3 Commander there is a patch for it for the use of Hsie's. Somewhere in this thread...

All the best.

Fitzcarraldo
Can anyone pinpoint this?

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 07:09 AM   #3789
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
Can anyone pinpoint this?
Mod for SH3 Commander compatibility with H.sie´s patch:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....sie+commander

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5i...menu+patch.rar

Enable with JSGME in SH3 Commander (You need JSGME in SH3 Comm).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 09:06 AM   #3790
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Mod for SH3 Commander compatibility with H.sie´s patch:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....sie+commander

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5i...menu+patch.rar

Enable with JSGME in SH3 Commander (You need JSGME in SH3 Comm).

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Very nice, thanks a bunch

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 10:56 AM   #3791
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Hello,

I tried to download this patchkit from the link on the first page but mediafire says it is in violation.

Where can I get this great mod?
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 11:11 AM   #3792
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
Hello,

I tried to download this patchkit from the link on the first page but mediafire says it is in violation.

Where can I get this great mod?
From Plissken's wonderful SH archive:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77#post2221877

Post 283 has the latest link and the User ID and Password. In folder H.SIE, download the file named V16B1-Patch-Kit.7z. Everything you need is inside.

CAUTION: There is some hand work involved. This is not a mod that you can drop into JSGME, activate, and be on your way. Really, it's not a mod at all, but a patch kit. You will build the mod during setup. The first time, working slowly and reading the instructions carefully, might take 30-60 minutes to set up. Then test the installation, again following h.sie's detailed instructions. But once it's done, it's done, and you don't have to do it again. There are tutorials around (Google: Desertstriker) to help you if you get stuck.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-14, 11:20 AM   #3793
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

downloading now.

thanks you!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 12:00 AM   #3794
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

I seem to have trouble patching the game. I don't have a valid version or so it says.

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 01:26 AM   #3795
niwo
A-ganger

Downloads: 158

Do younhave a patched exe? Aka cracked exe. This doesnt work. If yes, Try to extract the original sh3.exe from the cab file of the game disk, and update to latest version, or reinstall. If not cracked, which version do you have? Original dvd? Another hint: don't try things like that at 5 o clock am