SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-16, 01:13 AM   #1
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260
Uploads: 0
Default No more torpedoes?

I am on a mission to patrol a certain area, on this patrol I've encountered a convoy, later some lone merchants and 2 destroyers up to now.
I've run out of torpedoes so do I turn back and head for home and not complete the mission or carry on and use the deck gun as and where I can?
Or can I call at a friendly port and get more torpedoes, does that work?

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 07:52 AM   #2
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Support

Just locate the closest port with an anchor on your map to where you are and set a course to it. Upon arrival to the port, you will be able to refit when prompt. Before leaving the port, go to your torpedo room. Move the torpedoes into the forward and aft tubes from storage, then click refit again in order to have a full load of fish! Now you are ready to continue your patrol. I hope this helps with your problem and answers the question that you had. Good hunting!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 07:58 AM   #3
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Thanks Larry, on my way mate.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 09:04 AM   #4
Tbob
Nub

Downloads: 0

SH4 newbie here. My question relates to this topic, somewhat. I docked at my home port (Pearl) after completing one mission in my career. I was given a new assignment, but no torpedos! Refit button doesn't help. What am I overlooking?

Last edited by Tbob; 03-27-17 at 09:42 AM.
Tbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 09:33 AM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Any mods applied? Some of the mods, you have to "load" the torpedoes. Try pressing the "Load" button and see what happens. Once you fill the stores initially, sometimes you have to "Re-fit" again in order to fill the reserves... btw, is your crew possibly still at "battle stations", maybe even "silent running"? If you have v1.5, those show in the upper right of the screen. I can't remember if v1.4 does...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 10:54 AM   #6
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Don't bother to try duking it out with enemy ships unless that's your last resort. Your sub deck gun is usually no match for them. Follow the advice and get yourself a full compliment of torpedoes before going out again.

Welcome to SubSim Tbob!!

When returning to your Home Base, your mission has ended, you'll be getting a new one (as you have). You need to check a couple of things while in the Captain's Office, before leaving on your next patrol mission.

Mouse over the model of the sub on the desk, you'll be taken to a screen that displays your equipment that's "On Boat". Depending on what date it is, sometimes you'll be offered upgrades to what's "On Boat" through the purchase of your accumulated "Renown". Your Torpedo Management page is accessed by clicking the Tab along the top of the screen with a torpedo on it. Make sure you've got torpedoes "On Boat" too. Move them over from the left side of the screen to your right side sub inventory.

You should also check your other Tab for Crew Management. This is where you can replace crewmembers for better qualified ones, add additional ones if the sub has space for them, present Awards to the crew for their past patrol if you had a good ending to it.

Once your sub is "fitted" as required, you then need to return to the Captain's Office and set your Campaign Game Options by clicking the Radio on the top shelf/left of the desk. The "Options" page looks a lot like the same "Options" page that's found at the Main Game Menu screen, but the Captain's Office Options need to be set when playing the Campaign game. One does not control the other, their separate "Options" parameters (even though they look the same), one does not control the same type of game (like multiplayer compared to Campaign).

If you're going to play a Single Missions game, there's another "Options" page just for it. Its heading is called "Realism" along the bottom of the Single Missions Menu page.

So there are three different "Options" pages, each does the options for a specific type of game play, none work with each other.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 12:56 PM   #7
Tbob
Nub

Downloads: 0

Thank you gentlemen! I was overlooking the sub model in the briefing room. I manually loaded the torpedos and found the crew upgrade section, too.

I am so glad this forum is active. I am looking forward to many hours of sailing.

Regards,
Bob t
Tbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 06:59 PM   #8
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

For future reference, when you arrive at a US base the options are "REFIT" or "POSTPONE". The popup menu has a third option "END PATROL" at your home base. If you want to get more fuel, torpedoes, and ammo at your home base, simply click on "REFIT" instead of "END PATROL" and go back out again. The REFIT gives you only spare torpedoes in the reload slots - if you used up all your torpedoes you need to go to the torpedo management screen, drag one torpedo from a reload slot to one of the tube slots to start the tube reloading, which will leave empty spare slots again. Click on the anchor icon again to bring up the menu, click REFIT again, then you'll have a full load of torpedoes.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 01:19 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Tbob!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-17, 05:07 AM   #10
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Tbob
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Support The New SH4 Mega Mod Project FOTRSU > 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.56 PublicBeta_EN
Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions By ValoWay
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote