SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-17, 10:03 PM   #16
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkerov View Post
OK so last night the same thing happened again. I was in the formosa straits, depth below keel about 700ft. I picked up 2 radar contacts headed my way so I ordered a crash dive. I intended to get to a depth of 250 but at about 100ft on the way down there was a collision sound of some kind. Heavy damage and flooding, everyone in the watch slots = dead.
I managed to emergency surface only to find the two planes I had detected had arrived within visual range. But they did so AFTER the collision. I shot at them, thinking they would now attack but they ignored me. I guarantee there was not enough time between detection and damage for it to be these guys that caused the damage.

So I saved the replay as suggested to check for mines. There was no mine either?!?!?!
I still have no idea what caused the damage. Has anyone got any ideas now? Did I strike an invisible object of some kind?
If you know how, use the Mission Editor and open the Data \ Campaigns \ Campaign \ Jap_Minefields.mis file, and notice the anti-sub nets and minefields on both ends of the Formosa Straits. Do not click on any "OK" buttons or "Accept" buttons. Always "Cancel" out so that you don't accidentally have the Mission Editor bring "stock" info back into the file - but you can right-click on an item, or choose it in the Explorer tab, and select "Properties", and you should be able to see the dates things become "active"... I don't know if the mines and sub nets render in a replay, but I'm thinking that they do...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote