SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-17, 09:56 AM   #3361
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
If you right click off the dials and open the about box, you'll see the credits.

Kinda weird that you brought up the solution solver. I've been working on a major update.
Reaper7 asked for my permission to do a vector art image of the calculator.

If that's your idea of giving "credit" to who designed it.......you've missed the point of modding.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 11:38 AM   #3362
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Reaper7 asked for my permission to do a vector art image of the calculator.

If that's your idea of giving "credit" to who designed it.......you've missed the point of modding.
That was back in 2009. I don't remember the specifics. But i do remember asking reaper7 if i could use his artwork.

In the update, i've totally remade the dials in Adobe Illustrator from scratch to make them high resolution and "perfect". No more wobbly dials and not lining up perfecty. Also due to the way the program is used (from the bottom), i flipped all the numbers so they aren't upside down. I'll give you credit then.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 12:18 PM   #3363
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Oh nice

Did you sink her?

Or just look??!
She headed down after I put two torpedoes in her.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 05:02 PM   #3364
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

One reason to get rid of these missions, no sign of a battleship force and the ships that were there were, well a picture or two tells you what state they were in.

Old 01-01-17, 05:10 PM   #3365
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
That was back in 2009. I don't remember the specifics. But i do remember asking reaper7 if i could use his artwork.

In the update, i've totally remade the dials in Adobe Illustrator from scratch to make them high resolution and "perfect". No more wobbly dials and not lining up perfecty. Also due to the way the program is used (from the bottom), i flipped all the numbers so they aren't upside down. I'll give you credit then.
My AoB Calculator (from this 2007 thread) was released just a month after the games release in March. I got my inspiration from a SHIII modder named Wazoo who made a similar looking device, but with only two dials. My idea was to add the third Relative Bearing outer dial which opened up greater possibilities with the device. My modded dials were simple home made images, some parts actually glued together to form the three dial calculator.

My point is, my design has been added to and refined, but it was still my initial design that first was introduced. As all my mods state, you can add anything you wish to the concepts...just give me credit for the initial idea. When I find none, don't be surprised to be called on it.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 05:34 PM   #3366
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Alright Moonlight... had a bit too much last night, did you?...

but seriously, we've found similar all over the FotRSU globe... Pearl Harbor was full of similar, with vessels sometimes doing more backing up than going forward. I started from there the one time, and there were 7 ships on fire and several already sunk, like the Zero squadrons had just left, only it was the spawning, not the enemy airplanes that left the destruction. I imagine that what you found is in the Jap_HarborTraffic file, so I'll go load that up again and drive around the Imperial Empire, and see what I see... the date matters little with the file, since it runs throughout the game, but things do get worse as time passes and more and more of this stuff is created... Thanks for the heads-up... I think... - the "photo" missions will hopefully truly be gone next release (except the Alaska campaign), and available as an add-on mod later.

btw, you know how your camera wouldn't show functioning the last time? The same thing with the Group missing in this one. Only one of the files for the Photo Recons loads the way it is right now, so there's going to be something wrong with all of them...

Edit: It appears there had been a major earthquake in the area, and several of the small island harbors' facilities in that area had been moved... That is one area we hadn't been messing with until Dutch Harbor just the other day, so it ain't from that, and has apparently been that way for a while. Glad you went by there. It may have been years before someone would have seen that... It's much easier to move the ships instead of the harbor facilities, so that is done in the Jap_HarborTraffic file for the next version. We'll test things out shortly and hand-off to Double-R in a few days...

btw, from what we've seen in Pearl Harbor, there is no collision detection for a vessel that is backing. There also is apparently no "damage" incurred, unless the ship then goes forward. So if there's a bad storm, and ships go backwards, who knows what you'll end up with. "Docks" are apparently not a solid object in the game either, so if a ship backs into a dock or another ship, they kind of "meld" together, like your pictures there, and sometimes do not destroy each other. Very strange. But there was definitely something wrong in the Mariana Islands, and ships were set to spawn IN the docks...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-01-17 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Earthquake!!!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 07:25 PM   #3367
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO

I gotta say that i truely love this mod!! its awesome and i really like how theres more enemy ships spawning during a patrol! You guys are awesome and thank you so much for all of your hard work on this project.:Kaleun_C heers:
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 07:33 PM   #3368
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post
Sadly my old hp envy just gave up the ghost....But now $1533.00 later I have me a monster machine!! Its a "ibuypower" with windows 10 and it runs sh4 very well..It has 1tera byte space and 16 gig of ram upgradeable...Now I am ready for the final edition of FOTRS!!!
I have an IBuypower rig too and i love it!
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 07:41 PM   #3369
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

Mine has a 1 terabyte hard drive and all ready it is 91% full...Looking for a 3 terabyte one....Any idea's??
Old 01-01-17, 08:10 PM   #3370
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786

Quote:

Wow, something that was done over 7 years ago and he is just now mentioning it? I think you struck a nerve gutted.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 08:13 PM   #3371
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Guys
With reference to my Post #3337.
The first photograph mission out of Pearl works ok.
Before

After

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 08:33 PM   #3372
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post
Mine has a 1 terabyte hard drive and all ready it is 91% full...Looking for a 3 terabyte one....Any idea's??

Do you store alot of pictures or movies on you hard drive? Try getting some external drives that you can store what ever is taking up so much space on your internal one.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 09:17 PM   #3373
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Wow, something that was done over 7 years ago and he is just now mentioning it? I think you struck a nerve gutted.
Maybe he just needs some Vitamin C

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 12:33 AM   #3374
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Guys
With reference to my Post #3337.
The first photograph mission out of Pearl works ok.
Before

After

Peter
So, ~everything~ seemed to work fine then Peter? Did your camera button light-up when you targeted something, and did you hear the usual "click" when you pushed the button?...

I forgot to ask Moonlight this, but I'll ask you, and if you've already stated it, please forgive me, but what boats are you guys usinig? What year again?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 05:58 AM   #3375
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi pb
I wanted to start with hopefully a long proper career from Pearl on December 8th 1941.
I cannot say if I heard a click, however I am reasonably sure of seeing the icon lit.
I was just locking and clicking on everything I saw.
There was nothing much in the port apart from one ship half sunk and on fire.
It was when I swung the periscope round onto a stationary ship showing on Map Mark 24, I locked and clicked on it and a tick icon started flashing in the periscope station.

I upgraded to a Tambor Class (USS203 Tuna) and changed to the bow mounted deck gun.

Do you know if there is a crew fix for F7 to show the missing crew and not the Aft Deck Gun slot?
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote