SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-18, 09:22 AM   #6046
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
1. AI Sensor modifications...... after "verifying" that what they read is what you get? In other words, checking to see if a 1000 yards maximum range is truly a 1000 yards range? I've got my suspicions that it is not and that's why the AI (game controlled units) Visuals, Sonar, Radar, Hydrophone are producing superhuman tendencies in-game. Not that a little of this is all bad but, I want more realistic game play.
From what I have experienced so far, the own crew visual sensors are pretty well adjusted, I have yet to be in a situation where I can see a ship/plane and my crew can't spot it or the opposite. This is true both night and day, so good job thus far in that regard!

Regarding the enemy visual sensor, I have not taken real risks, so I can't say if the merchant crew sensors can spot you easily or not, but I tend to think they are more in the "stupid" side (Which is fine). Once a ship is hit, though, they are quite alert and can spot you surfacing at night at 2-3000 yards where they had not seen you surfaced previously. Their gun accurancy is good with small weapons, not as good with deck guns, which again is a relief and probably quite realistic.

Finally, I am shooting ships with salvos of two torpedoes each, always one set for contact, one for magnetic pistol. Contact fuses are quite reliable, magnetic ones are failing around 50%.
Old 06-01-18, 10:34 AM   #6047
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Departing Pearl, mid '42, Tambor. Command room depth gauges do not agree with each other, nor do they agree with the task bar depth reading. Task bar value seems to agree with selected and desired depth.

edit: Also engine tachometers frozen at 150 rpm.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 06-01-18 at 10:36 AM. Reason: update
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 11:26 AM   #6048
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Departing Pearl, mid '42, Tambor. Command room depth gauges do not agree with each other, nor do they agree with the task bar depth reading. Task bar value seems to agree with selected and desired depth.

The Interior SIM files for the gauges need to be adjusted .... this is a beta and they haven't got to it yet is my guess.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 11:29 AM   #6049
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57
Can the mod Big Better Protractors be used. Hard to see the numbers on the map compass with these old eyes!
Yes, the Bigger Better Protractors by White Owl....work just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Upcoming work for Ultimate.....AI Sensor modifications...... after "verifying" that what they read, is what you get? In other words, checking to see if a 1000 yards maximum range is truly a 1000 yards range? I've got my suspicions that it is not and that's why the AI (game controlled units) Visuals, Sonar, Radar, Hydrophone are producing superhuman tendencies in-game. Not that a little of this is all bad but, I want more realistic game play.
From what I have experienced so far, the own crew visual sensors are pretty well adjusted, I have yet to be in a situation where I can see a ship/plane and my crew can't spot it or the opposite. This is true both night and day, so good job thus far in that regard!

Regarding the enemy visual sensor, I have not taken real risks, so I can't say if the merchant crew sensors can spot you easily or not, but I tend to think they are more in the "stupid" side (Which is fine). Once a ship is hit, though, they are quite alert and can spot you surfacing at night at 2-3000 yards where they had not seen you surfaced previously. Their gun accurancy is good with small weapons, not as good with deck guns, which again is a relief and probably quite realistic.

Finally, I am shooting ships with salvos of two torpedoes each, always one set for contact, one for magnetic pistol. Contact fuses are quite reliable, magnetic ones are failing around 50%.
The AI visual setting is what I'm working on. I'm trying to get an AI detection of a surface sub at an approximate maximum range of 6000 yards or less during the day, in 5mph sea state (anything over this is too far away). Also allowing a detection of a submerged sub with just the periscope showing at about 1200-1500yds max range for the same type of environment. AND, having a surfaced sub NOT detected at 1200yds range or more on a moon less night! Believe me, this is tricky! A parameter change to one aspect, effects the others! Getting them to all do the stated behavior is going to take some "out of the box" thinking. This behavior is NOT what the game does now. Night attacks do not work as I've described, although this is truly a realistic expectation for night attacks!

That's what I'm testing/working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann
Command room depth gauges do not agree with each other, nor do they agree with the task bar depth reading. Task bar value seems to agree with selected and desired depth.

You don't state how far the depth gauges are off? If's it's 10 feet or so....no big deal. You have to remember something, the Stock game didn't even expect you to read the gauges......especially the engine tachometers!! You couldn't move around the Command Room to even get a look at the things......not to mention read them.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 12:06 PM   #6050
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Larrywb57,
I’ve been using this mod for months without any perceived issues.
Roger that, I have been using the mod with v.0.63. Just making sure it was good to use with the newest version.
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 12:14 PM   #6051
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Propbeanie - Here's a New One For you!

As shown in the pics I have hopefully been able to upload, this huge liner came along and fell victim to three (plus one dud) torpedoes. Notice in the first pic the flag is properly placed. In the next two you can see the flag keeps right on trucking along, without the ship! I watched as the ship sank stern first. The flag stopped forward momentum, went high above the bow, and was the last thing to "sink", still way out of position.

Bet you could fix that one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old Large Passenger Liner-1.jpg (15.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Old Large Passenger Liner-2.jpg (18.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Old Large Passenger Liner-3.jpg (12.9 KB, 15 views)

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 06-01-18 at 12:23 PM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 12:18 PM   #6052
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Yes, the Bigger Better Protractors by White Owl....work just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propbeanie View Post
First, Bigger Better Protractors should work fine with v0.71
Thanks Capn Scurvy & Propbeanie...
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 01:31 PM   #6053
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
As shown in the pics I have hopefully been able to upload, this huge liner came along and fell victim to three (plus one dud) torpedoes. Notice in the first pic the flag is properly placed. In the next two you can see the flag keeps right on trucking along, without the ship! I watched as the ship sank stern first. The flag stopped forward momentum, went high above the bow, and was the last thing to "sink", still way out of position.

Oooohhh, you found another! We weren't adding the John H Roberts Class to the game previously, because the radar and communications arrays would be 30 feet above the ship as it was sinking. S7rikeback found it, and it lay in the damage ZON file not "covering" (literally) the parts, so they were never "destroyed"... We'll get the mechanic on it right away!...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 11:13 PM   #6054
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

Quote:
The flag stopped forward momentum, went high above the bow, and was the last thing to "sink", still way out of position. Bet you could fix that one!
Could it be that you did so much damage that you blew the flag mast off the boat? Maybe crazy game physics could account for it's motion once detached?

Quote:
You don't state how far the depth gauges are off? If's it's 10 feet or so....no big deal. You have to remember something, the Stock game didn't even expect you to read the
gauges......especially the engine tachometers!! You couldn't move around the Command Room to even get a look at the things......not to mention read them.
Sorry about that. Here is a screenshot. I have selected 200 feet using the task bar depth indicator because it is the only one that will respond. The Tambor is at 200 feet in this image. As you can see, the middle dial shows 300 feet and the outer 2 read about 90 feet. And the tachometers stay at 150 rpm regardless of engine speed. I seem to recall all of these working correctly in v0.63, although the boat may not have been a Tambor. More likely a Balao. I seem to remember being able to click on the command deck depth dials and have the command followed. I sure do remember the tachs working because I would go have a look to see that I was at or below 100 rpm for stealthiness. The only way, that I am aware of, to check engine speed. Thanks for all the hard work guys! I can't wait to feel the suspense of an enemy torpedo bearing down on my boat.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA

Last edited by Immelmann; 06-01-18 at 11:35 PM.
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 01:33 AM   #6055
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Have a question :
Could the "Navigation Map Make-Over" Mod (NMMO 2.1) be compatible with FOTRSU?
(The purpose of this mod is to make the Navigation Map more useful and informative than the stock version.)
Thanks
Old 06-02-18, 04:41 AM   #6056
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Oooohhh, you found another! We weren't adding the John H Roberts Class to the game previously, because the radar and communications arrays would be 30 feet above the ship as it was sinking. S7rikeback found it, and it lay in the damage ZON file not "covering" (literally) the parts, so they were never "destroyed"... We'll get the mechanic on it right away!...

I'm on it now...
Old 06-02-18, 06:50 AM   #6057
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
Sorry about that. Here is a screenshot. I have selected 200 feet using the task bar depth indicator because it is the only one that will respond. The Tambor is at 200 feet in this image. As you can see, the middle dial shows 300 feet and the outer 2 read about 90 feet. And the tachometers stay at 150 rpm regardless of engine speed. I seem to recall all of these working correctly in v0.63, although the boat may not have been a Tambor. More likely a Balao. I seem to remember being able to click on the command deck depth dials and have the command followed. I sure do remember the tachs working because I would go have a look to see that I was at or below 100 rpm for stealthiness. The only way, that I am aware of, to check engine speed.Could it be that you did so much damage that you blew the flag mast off the boat? Maybe crazy game physics could account for it's motion once detached?

Hmmmm. That's strange that they are doing that! Originally, I put my OTC interiors with FOTRS. And yes, you could mouse click the edge of the dials to make a new depth, or rudder change. They were interactive with almost all parts of the interior dials and gauges. I looked yesterday to see what may have been out of place but couldn't find anything too unusual. With the new info you've given me I'll look again, trying to copy your settings?

The Tambor uses the Gato interior, which is also used in the Balao. If one is messed up, so should the others.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 07:47 AM   #6058
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Have a question :
Could the "Navigation Map Make-Over" Mod (NMMO 2.1) be compatible with FOTRSU?
(The purpose of this mod is to make the Navigation Map more useful and informative than the stock version.)
Thanks
No, it is not 100% compatible, but that set is on the list

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 09:45 AM   #6059
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:

Ok. That area where the flag is, had no damage model attached. So it just kept going onto the sunset and finally got dragged under.

I have now added a damage mode in the .zonl, and cross linked with the .dat.
8 torp impacts and gunnery action she finally goes down..

Now, having done all this, I surfaced my sub to finish of the above with deck guns, but no matter what I did on the order bar, the guns would not populate with gunners. Even with attempting to issue battle stations. I had to manually man the guns and take out the vessel.

During my testing, before and after my changes, I seem to have the above shadow... When the unit has been destroyed.
I'm going to re-test my mission and get all details together, and then report back on what I find.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 06-02-18 at 09:56 AM.
s7rikeback is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 10:14 AM   #6060
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
The Tambor uses the Gato interior, which is also used in the Balao. If one is messed up, so should the others.

I have tested 4 time Tambor in patrol and never haved this problem, depht meter working very good, And engine RPM too very good. I think maybe corrupted installation file?
I thinked this because yesterday happened strange thing..
In patrol
I increased TC all normal Max 2048 impossible more, but suddenly I could go over !! Arrived at 8192 !! as a stock game !! I got out of the game I recharged .. still the same problem TC can go over 2048!
I thought about bad installation .. or bad download? .. I probed Re-download Fotrsu 0.71 uninstall, clean registry (ccleaner) and reinstall .. now all work good.
I believe sometimes the download can have problems .. (internet problem for example)
So is possible to"attach" to the download of FOTRSU a "utility" as it can be (I thinked) md5cecksum .. could be useful?
Forgive my English.