Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-18, 01:11 PM   #1
Spectre-63
Sparky

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default Back and lots to absorb

Hi guys -

it's been a long break (in Tipperary?), but I've come back and reinstalled SH5 with the latest WoS patch. Probably because I've been away, it's all a bit overwhelming. I've done a lot of reading in the forums over the last few days, watched several videos, but I still have some questions that I hope you can provide some guidance on:

1.) How long does it typically take for you to reach the start screen? It's not uncommon for my system to appear to go idle for 45secs to 1 1/2 minutes at a black screen when starting the game? I've confirmed that the SH5.exe has Admin rights, as does uPlay. Switching to Windows 7 compatibility mode seemed to help some, but I still cannot reliably launch from uPlay - Running sh5.exe directly seems the most reliable.

2.) With RealNavigation and the automation scripts, is it necessary to change scripts as the time of day changes? Or do you just activate the script that matches the current time of day?

3.) My frustration level was at EXTREME last night as I was going thru the Baltic Operations - I would get into the patrol area and the two warships patrolling the entry to Danzig harbor would shoot up my sub before I had a chance to react. I presume this was because my time acceleration allowed them to close to engagement distance before I could react. This didn't match how I remembered playing before, so I presume WoS modified the behavior but I don't understand how I need to adapt. Guidance would be appreciated.

4.) Are there any assumptions about how you'll have the game setup in Options that are a requirement for WoS? For example - if I select Medium Difficulty vs Realistic in the game, does that affect things like the above?

5.) I saw another oddity during play last night: there was an icon on the map for my sub AND separate marks for the Navigator's position estimates. I presume that this (again) indicates that I've got something dorked up in my settings?

6.) Suggestions for areas to search for shipping? I encountered the two polish patrol ships, one Large German warship exiting Danzig harbor (why it didn't eat the patrol ships, I don't know), and ONE lonely Polish freighter over 3 or 4 days of game time?

7.) The Navigator's Celestial Fix button doesn't appear to work properly? I can click it but I don't recall getting fixes back from it? Only the Dead Reckoning fix works consistently? I would expect that errors would compound themselves with dead reckoning, so wouldn't the celestial fix be preferable?

Thanks!

Last edited by Spectre-63; 06-15-18 at 01:40 PM.
Spectre-63 is offline   Reply With Quote