SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-14, 10:33 PM   #1
Splinter00S
Nub

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Splinter00S!
Quote:
Welcome to SubSim Matey
Quote:
Welcome Aboard & Happy Hunting!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter00S
I've looked everywhere for an answer before posting here so I apologize if it's under my nose and I missed it, but I just decided to change my modset on SH4 from TMO/RSRD to RFB/RSRD/ISP, and I'm trying to start the American campaign with a Gato submarine. I'm aware of the deck gun bug forcing you to stick with bow or aft mountings, but it seems that RFB defaults to the aft mounting. Is there a way to change this so it defaults to a bow mounting? I really wanted to give RFB a try but if I can't select the default mounting option then that might be a dealbreaker.

Possibly, with some editing to SaveGames ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc files in an existing Career, or in NSS_Gato.upc prior to beginning a Career, however there is the entire gun crew to consider, that may be the reason it defaults to the Aft mount. I don't know.

I prefer the Aft mount so I am unaware if RFB only permits the Aft mount.

The edit is simple in Stock with its one or two man crew, not so sure about the Megamods - I just 'go with the flow'.

Post 14 in this thread describes how to edit the Stock gun crew:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121472
also Post 10 in this thread is interesting:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121460

Wish I could be of more help -
Thanks, I did stumble upon a post detailing editing the NSS_sub.upc files, but it looked like they were already set for a default bow mounting, which puzzles me. Removing the option for an aft mounting (figured I'd try it since I don't use aft mounts anyways) didn't help either. I did try editing the save game as mentioned in your links, and I did have mixed success with that (got the bow mounting but loss the crew/compartment slots), so I think if I work on it a bit more I'll get it. I guess this will have to do for now, although I wish I didn't have to go in and edit the save every time I start a new career or get a new sub. Thanks for the help!
Splinter00S is offline   Reply With Quote