SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-16, 02:18 PM   #16
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I am your virtual arms dealers ... what you want to have ... look at times - that here slams loudly and makes great spots but that is more accurate and compact ... maybe you want to just slap and sting ... I can also still something for you.

All just fun - I can understand your anger.
How many hard drives you have?
Old 07-01-16, 03:01 PM   #17
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post

All just fun - I can understand your anger.
How many hard drives you have?
3 Total
1 - 120 Gb SSD SATA3 (C:\ Boot/System drive) R-E-A-L fast Boot-up
1 - 3 Tb Main HD SATA3 ([virtual drives] D:, E:, F:, G:, Z: [60 Gb TEMPDRIVE for D/Ls from Internet]
1 - 1 Tb Secondary HD SATA3 Storage ([virtual drives] J:, K:, L:, M

i3-6100 CPU w/Intel HD 530 internal graphics (not effecting SH4 install)
ASRock H170 Fatal1ty Performance LGA 1151 socket (Kick-Ass M/B!)
Windows 10 64-bit OS (Full, not OEM installed via USB Flash Drive)
16 Gb RAM: DDR4 2133

I bought the parts and put it together myself. Other stuff, like Optical Drive, etc. not listed. Total Cost = ~$800.

LtCDR Roger Dodger USCG(R)
Old 07-01-16, 05:06 PM   #18
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Your hardware is totally ok - there is an obvious problem in the initialization. I think that this actually is the "protection" of DVDs, you can handle this very easily.
Old 07-02-16, 01:51 AM   #19
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Your hardware is totally ok - there is an obvious problem in the initialization. I think that this actually is the "protection" of DVDs, you can handle this very easily.
OK, can you 'splain a little more? Like HOW?
Old 07-02-16, 04:14 AM   #20
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
3 Total
1 - 120 Gb SSD SATA3 (C:\ Boot/System drive) R-E-A-L fast Boot-up
1 - 3 Tb Main HD SATA3 ([virtual drives] D:, E:, F:, G:, Z: [60 Gb TEMPDRIVE for D/Ls from Internet]
1 - 1 Tb Secondary HD SATA3 Storage ([virtual drives] J:, K:, L:, M

i3-6100 CPU w/Intel HD 530 internal graphics (not effecting SH4 install)
ASRock H170 Fatal1ty Performance LGA 1151 socket (Kick-Ass M/B!)
Windows 10 64-bit OS (Full, not OEM installed via USB Flash Drive)
16 Gb RAM: DDR4 2133
Have you ever checked your DVD drive?

I used to have in the event that in a completely new computer's DVD drive was broken ... wanted to install the OS, the Install. broke at the end from always.

I must now ask again - install You SH4 via DVD or download?
Old 07-02-16, 12:26 PM   #21
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Have you ever checked your DVD drive?

I used to have in the event that in a completely new computer's DVD drive was broken ... wanted to install the OS, the Install. broke at the end from always.

I must now ask again - install You SH4 via DVD or download?
From my very first post in this thread:

"Allow me to further explain the messages I am getting, and the troubleshooting steps I have taken to install this program.

I am trying to install the game "Silent Hunter IV" v1.0 (which ran great on my Windows XP SP3 computer). This game was downloaded from Direct2Drive, and includes all of the updates (v1.3, v1.4, v1.5 [U-Boat Add-on]). I haven't been able to install the updates as yet because of this problem. Also, I haven't been able to enter my "Key" since it stalls too soon. As soon as the installer finishes, and I click on 'Finish' that message pops up. "

The first two or three posts in this thread should tell you EXACTLY what the problem is, WHAT I have done to troubleshoot and/or solve the problem, and a fairly complete description of my system.
Old 07-02-16, 09:10 PM   #22
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

My Gold Edition is a dvd from Amazon that I got on sale for $10US. If you're not getting out of the install, have you tried setting the install program to "Compatiblity" mode? Failing there:.

SubSim here has a shop with links to Amazon that help support the site, if you buy through them. I know a lot of folks don't like Steam, but they're having their Steam Summer Sale, and you can't argue with $5US each. That'd be $10US, if you want both WotP and Uboats. They don't sell a Gold Edition. You do have to learn how to manage the Steam installs, since they want you to install all Steam games in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\… by default, but it's easy enough & has been mentioned in other posts. It might be that you could get by with just buying Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, and then use the Uboat add on you alread have.

I actually like the option of being able to use my "plain" v1.4 SH4 that I originally got, and I do quite a bit of experimentation in it. But most of my time is spent in v1.5. Hope you get this resolved.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 02:43 AM   #23
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
My Gold Edition is a dvd from Amazon that I got on sale for $10US.

The Download is available from Amazon.com, but its $20. I may wait for it to go on sale, and download a whole new copy.

If you're not getting out of the install, have you tried setting the install program to "Compatiblity" mode? Failing there:.

Tried that in several different compatibilities. No luck.

SubSim here has a shop with links to Amazon that help support the site, if you buy through them.

The 2012 edition of the Gold SH4 (with U-Boats) 'may' install without a hassle. I've already tried installing a new download of SH4 v1.3, which installed and worked perfectly. Then . . . I tried to update the game to v1.5 (U-Boats) and MUCKED UP the whole ball of wax.

I know a lot of folks don't like Steam, . . .

Never used Steam, so I don't know. I DO know that the double-download won't work since the U-Boats update is a much earlier release (same date as mine).

but they're having their Steam Summer Sale, and you can't argue with $5US each. That'd be $10US, if you want both WotP and Uboats. They don't sell a Gold Edition. You do have to learn how to manage the Steam installs, since they want you to install all Steam games in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\… by default, but it's easy enough & has been mentioned in other posts. It might be that you could get by with just buying Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, and then use the Uboat add on you already have.

See above. Won't work for me.

I actually like the option of being able to use my "plain" v1.4 SH4 that I originally got, and I do quite a bit of experimentation in it. But most of my time is spent in v1.5. Hope you get this resolved.
I really like the great environments with Trigger Maru, and the realistic shipping you get with RSRDC. Hard to go back to v1.3 (which does work, just doesn't look as nice). Never leave port without them.
Old 07-10-16, 03:15 PM   #24
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Sorry for this late reply

Yesterday Saturday, I installed firstly SH 5-no succes

Installed SH IV ran perfectly after the install.

Today after I had turned my new computer on and gone through my usual Internet pages I felt for playing some SH IV

I have clicked on the icon several times-The only thing that happens is this little windows with play, readme etc pop-up. I click of course on play and then nothing.

I have as the author of this thread WIN 10 installed from start.
I have AMD Radeon R7 Graphic card installed.

Edit

After installing this graphic driver I can now play SH IV.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 07-11-16 at 01:48 PM.
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error 8016, install sh4, windows 10