SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-18, 09:07 PM   #6076
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Trying to start new patrol from Midway on July 16, 1944. Ordered to patrol area of Convoy College. After hitting Start the patrol starts to load and never gets more than a 1/4 of the way before crashing to the desktop. Any ideas, pb?
I've tried several career starts from Midway, which goes out on June 7th, 1944, and with different boats, but no crash. Of course, I haven't been assigned Convoy College yet. I'll dig through the files, and see if I can find anything. In the meantime, what boat were you in Commander? Had you transferred in to Midway from somewhere else?

Edit: Oh!! btw, was it a Patrol mission, or "Proced to, and receive further instructions"? Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-02-18 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Oh!!!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 09:38 PM   #6077
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I've tried several career starts from Midway, which goes out on June 7th, 1944, and with different boats, but no crash. Of course, I haven't been assigned Convoy College yet. I'll dig through the files, and see if I can find anything. In the meantime, what boat were you in Commander? Had you transferred in to Midway from somewhere else?

Edit: Oh!! btw, was it a Patrol mission, or "Proced to, and receive further instructions"? Thanks

My command was the USS Seahorse. Started career at Midway. Yes it was a Patrol mission with Proceed to and await further orders.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 10:14 PM   #6078
propbeanie

Thank you, good sir! That will narrow the field of files to wade through.

Old 06-03-18, 08:53 AM   #6079
Stefan Thimme
Gunner

Downloads: 842

Do You mean something like this below?

It is Hatsuharu-class destroyer from my private mod pack for SH3, which was converted from FOTRS. Then I rebuilt the unit to be looking as it was in 1941-1945.

It is easy to convert this unit back to SH4 but I need permission of FORTS Team to do it due to many changes made in comparison with the basic model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
Hi folks I'm back again!
Another report of a big-mistake (I hope you guys won't beat me for my chattering)
The Hatsuharu-class' model is wrong.
This is what we have in game:

It's correct, in some way. Because it is what they looks like when they just been built in 1933!

However it was reported that the hull was lack of stability and all Hatsuharu-class DDs were sent to reconstruct urgently in 1934.
That's what they looks like after the modification:

Since our campaign begins from 1941, it is impossible to encounter a Hatsuharu in 1933's hull.
Fortunately after reconstruction they looks just like Shiratsuyu-class (Shiratsuyu-class was actually developed from the 7th ship of Hatsuharu-class!), so it's quite easy to fix this problem: just copy the model of Shiratsuyu-class and rename it as Hatsuharu and it will be fine! Perhaps the only thing needs to do is change the characters painted on the side, and that's what I may help!
Old 06-03-18, 11:28 AM   #6080
RampantParanoia
Watch

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

I've found the forward planes aren't being rigged out properly when I dive, no matter whether I crash dive, order periscope depth or just hit "D". Still in a Tambor, on my second patrol (March 22nd 1942), doesn't seem to matter about location but I'm currently in the region 125E, 28.5N.

Here's a picture of before diving:

And here's the planes in the 'rigged out' position during a dive (still vertical but rotated a weird way):

Edit: I also came across a Medium Modern Split Freighter that was riding really low in the water, pretty much decks awash. I didn't realise until I'd hit it with 2 torpedos so no pictures, sorry. It was at 122 54'E, 28 32'N, sank at 07:44 on March 21st 1942.

Last edited by RampantParanoia; 06-03-18 at 12:20 PM.
RampantParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 12:32 PM   #6081
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Thimme View Post
Do You mean something like this below?

It is Hatsuharu-class destroyer from my private mod pack for SH3, which was converted from FOTRS. Then I rebuilt the unit to be looking as it was in 1941-1945.

It is easy to convert this unit back to SH4 but I need permission of FORTS Team to do it due to many changes made in comparison with the basic model.
This one is perfect!! The bridge is in the exactly accurate appearance in compare with the current one which copy from Shiratsuyu's…
Just need a correction for the side painting, which I've done already and uploaded on SUBSIM, if you can send me the skin file I can correct it at once
Old 06-03-18, 01:06 PM   #6082
Stefan Thimme
Gunner

Downloads: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzBegonia View Post
if you can send me the skin file I can correct it at once
I use default skins of DD Hatsuharu from FOTRS.
Old 06-03-18, 05:11 PM   #6083
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Same as before, pb. Career started out of Midway. Start of patrol is July 27, 1944. Command USS Bang. Patrol area is 11-b. Also await further orders. Game crashes as soon as the patrol starts to load.

Old 06-03-18, 06:08 PM   #6084
propbeanie

Showoff

July 16, July 27... I'm seeing a pattern here... Let me get my June 1944 career up to July. Almost sounds like I've got a bad call in one of the layers...

Anyone else with issues in July 1944?...

Edit: cdrsubron7 - You are in the Captain's Room, you go through your boat, do any upgrades desired, etc., change any settings you want, you click on the wall map, get your orders, Continue, you get a loading bar [.........___] = does it finish and you get the "No Mission Too Difficult..." message, if so, do you start to see "daylight"? Previous incident, you reported "After hitting Start the patrol starts to load and never gets more than a 1/4 of the way before crashing to the desktop.", is that the same for the second one now, with "Game crashes as soon as the patrol starts to load."? Reason I ask, I'm not seeing anything obvious in the files, and I'm going to re-direct my search to the Flotillas file. I don't remember if I added another "spawn" spot at Midway or not... are you starting "At the Subtender", or "Out of the Harbor"?... Thanks good sir!

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-03-18 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-03-18, 10:35 PM   #6085
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
July 16, July 27... I'm seeing a pattern here... Let me get my June 1944 career up to July. Almost sounds like I've got a bad call in one of the layers...

Anyone else with issues in July 1944?...

Edit: cdrsubron7 - You are in the Captain's Room, you go through your boat, do any upgrades desired, etc., change any settings you want, you click on the wall map, get your orders, Continue, you get a loading bar [.........___] = does it finish and you get the "No Mission Too Difficult..." message, if so, do you start to see "daylight"? Previous incident, you reported "After hitting Start the patrol starts to load and never gets more than a 1/4 of the way before crashing to the desktop.", is that the same for the second one now, with "Game crashes as soon as the patrol starts to load."? Reason I ask, I'm not seeing anything obvious in the files, and I'm going to re-direct my search to the Flotillas file. I don't remember if I added another "spawn" spot at Midway or not... are you starting "At the Subtender", or "Out of the Harbor"?... Thanks good sir!

Yes, everything is exactly the same as the first one. No major equipment changes or upgrades. And always start outside the harbor. Any other info you might need just let me know, pb.

Side note: Went back in and tried starting with the sub in the harbor this time. Still the same thing, bar get a 1/4 of the way and CTD.

Old 06-04-18, 12:56 AM   #6086
propbeanie

I have not been able to replicate what you have happen there cdrsubron7. Did you make any changes at all to your boat (crew, guns, etc)? You went out on one mission June of 1944, correct?, and came back in fine? What was that first mission assignment? Your 2nd assignment, for Convoy College was to Luzon Strait - was the Area 11B just East of Formosa? The first is a Luzon Strait call, the second looks to have been an East China Sea call.

Since you're not "seeing" into the game itself at all, it's most likely not the Mission assignment. But since it is trying to load the mission, it sounds like it's bombing when the game is rendering the Midway area itself. Just to be sure, I've changed the ID Codes for the missions at Midway, and changed the UnitCommonality for the Balao there in the Flotillas file. In addition, there was a partially bum US_TaskForce that spawns right in the middle of the Midway Atoll, 3 columns wide with approximately 30 ships. I've trimmed that ship count down a bit and moved its spawn point East & South of the Atoll, changing a few ships. Testing for the edits begins tomorrow, and we'll see how that goes...

Old 06-04-18, 12:34 PM   #6087
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Immelmann, I took the Tambor out for a test run and set the depth to 200 feet. All gauges worked as they should:

I'm afraid you have an issue with your game, either in the Stock game needing to be reinstalled (could have corruption from previously used mods), or in the Download itself (any other mods running with Ultimate v0.71?). Have you run the JSGME "Compare Snapshot" feature to check your Stock game files? Have you deleted your old Documents/SH4 folder and started a new one after Ultimate v0.71 is activated in-game? Mod Soup looks like the cause to me.
Well shoot. Sorry to have wasted so much of your time chasing what turned out to be a borked installation on my part. Thank you all for the help with the diagnosis.

Any other mods running with Ultimate v0.71? No, the only change that I made is to go into the .cfg file and change time compression back to 8192.

Have you run the JSGME "Compare Snapshot" feature to check your Stock game files? No. I am aware of the feature but have not used it.

Have you deleted your old Documents/SH4 folder and started a new one after Ultimate v0.71 is activated in-game? Yes.

Mod soup, maybe registry soup. I'm going to burn the whole thing down and start from square one. Yes a CCleaner registry scrub will be part of my strategy. LAA, etc.

Looks like I owe the house a round of drinks.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 12:44 PM   #6088
propbeanie

I'll take a sarsaparilla! In the meantime, hold off a couple of days or so on that re-install there Immelmann... we are working on a potential fix to the incessant plane attacks, plus a few other tweaks...

Old 06-05-18, 10:47 AM   #6089
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177
Default ships merged

Not sure this one has been reported. Feb 4 1942, off the coast of Muroran there is a 4 ship convoy with two ships merged together. I will post a pic once I figure out how to do so.
Sniper450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 12:31 PM   #6090
propbeanie

Are you seeing that in the harbor Sniper450? Or out sailing on the ocean blue? Are you up in Uchiura Bay, or out further? Tsugaru Straits? Have you got a lat/long position, or mileage or something? The time frame is in the 41a layer, and there are some issues with the layer files due to the RGG having mostly 19380101 start dates for the ships. Hopefully, the next update will eliminate this issue...