SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-18, 10:21 AM   #6061
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
... Now, having done all this, I surfaced my sub to finish of the above with deck guns, but no matter what I did on the order bar, the guns would not populate with gunners. Even with attempting to issue battle stations. I had to manually man the guns and take out the vessel.

During my testing, before and after my changes, I seem to have the above shadow... When the unit has been destroyed...
Don't forget that the deck & AA gun crews start in the Damage Control crew's berth positions, and they have to be moved over by the "Captain" before they are allowed top-side with their water wings...

That shadow looks like the Bismarck reflection issues... Now, what was it about that one?... a mind is a terrible thing to lose...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 10:30 AM   #6062
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
I have tested 4 time Tambor in patrol and never haved this problem, depht meter working very good, And engine RPM too very good. I think maybe corrupted installation file?
I thinked this because yesterday happened strange thing..
In patrol
I increased TC all normal Max 2048 impossible more, but suddenly I could go over !! Arrived at 8192 !! as a stock game !! I got out of the game I recharged .. still the same problem TC can go over 2048!
I thought about bad installation .. or bad download? .. I probed Re-download Fotrsu 0.71 uninstall, clean registry (ccleaner) and reinstall .. now all work good.
I believe sometimes the download can have problems .. (internet problem for example)
So is possible to"attach" to the download of FOTRSU a "utility" as it can be (I thinked) md5cecksum .. could be useful?
Forgive my English.
I'm not sure about adding a check-sum - it might be possible. We'll have to have the 'experts' let us know that... but the game is such that any sort of a "hiccup" in any part of the system can throw all sorts of things off. I have just finished several runs with a Tambor out of Pearl using Middle of 1942, as well as other starts with other boats, and I had no issues with the gauges, and most of them did respond to mouse clicks on their face... Had you Saved the game, then exited the game, and then come back into the Saved game, and noted what it did, prior to your re-install of SH4 and the mod?...

Old 06-02-18, 10:57 AM   #6063
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm not sure about adding a check-sum - it might be possible. We'll have to have the 'experts' let us know that... but the game is such that any sort of a "hiccup" in any part of the system can throw all sorts of things off. I have just finished several runs with a Tambor out of Pearl using Middle of 1942, as well as other starts with other boats, and I had no issues with the gauges, and most of them did respond to mouse clicks on their face... Had you Saved the game, then exited the game, and then come back into the Saved game, and noted what it did, prior to your re-install of SH4 and the mod?...
Hi popbeanie
Not me.. but @himmelmann haved gauge problems ( see here post #6054 http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost...postcount=6054)
I haved tested but work good.. My problem yesterday with "Time Compression " Max value same stock game ) probed exit game recharge game.. Always can go 8192 TC.. So i Re-download game.. Reinstall... Now all work good.. For this i thinked maybe my download file corrupt for internet problem...
PS. I yesterday reinstalled "old 0.71" and again TC problem... For this I Re-downloaded file
Old 06-02-18, 11:08 AM   #6064
propbeanie

Thanks for double-checking that hauangua. What do you use to uncompress zip, rar and 7z files?

Old 06-02-18, 11:22 AM   #6065
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Thanks for double-checking that hauangua. What do you use to uncompress zip, rar and 7z files?
I thanks you and all Fotrsu modders

I use Winrar
Old 06-02-18, 11:27 AM   #6066
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
the checksum utility is very easy to use, once we compile an update, any checksum freeware program can check and return a checksum value. Which we can then put on in the thread with the release. So anyone who wants to check the values are true after download can simply run their own program or we could include one in the support package. I think I have that all correct.

So my FotRSU checksum value is - d81c4e0596469623c71e7c7c4a279bae
Old 06-02-18, 11:30 AM   #6067
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hi popbeanie
Not me.. but @himmelmann haved gauge problems ( see here post #6054 http://subsim.com/radioroom/showpost...postcount=6054)
I haved tested but work good.. My problem yesterday with "Time Compression " Max value same stock game ) probed exit game recharge game.. Always can go 8192 TC.. So i Re-download game.. Reinstall... Now all work good.. For this i thinked maybe my download file corrupt for internet problem...
PS. I yesterday reinstalled "old 0.71" and again TC problem... For this I Re-downloaded file
Thank you hauangua for your report (your English is just fine!!), I couldn't have said it better.....however, I do have pictures to add.

Immelmann, I took the Tambor out for a test run and set the depth to 200 feet. All gauges worked as they should:

The Deep Depth Dial registered as expected:

I then went over to the Command Room Helmsman position (If anyone wonders where he is? He's in the Conning Tower) and checked the RPM Gauges at Ahead 2/3 speed:

RPM's about 110/120.

At Flank Speed:

RPM's around 160/170.

At Ahead 1/3:

Around 50 RPM.

I'm afraid you have an issue with your game, either in the Stock game needing to be reinstalled (could have corruption from previously used mods), or in the Download itself (any other mods running with Ultimate v0.71?). Have you run the JSGME "Compare Snapshot" feature to check your Stock game files? Have you deleted your old Documents/SH4 folder and started a new one after Ultimate v0.71 is activated in-game? Mod Soup looks like the cause to me.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 11:47 AM   #6068
G Man
Seaman

Downloads: 146
Default Day and night

First thanks for this great mod, I like the better charge rates on the batteries, you need it to stay alive around Japan in 1945.
I tried my first patrol with 0.71 and on 15 January 1945 in a Tench class at 3110N14345E at 2245hrs I'd just surfaced in total darkness to recharge and close my patrol area having spent the day avoiding planes. I decided to call it a night at that point and saved the game. The next day I restarted the game and was in the right place and time but it was full daylight. After a day of diving for aircraft at 8NM and still getting a bomb dropped where I dived it got dark at 1400hrs. I then continued to get aircraft heading directly at me all through the night. Even the few who didn't appear heading straight towards me turned to attack at about 6NM. I've also had aircraft not detected on radar getting spotted by the deck watch in the dark at less than 2NM and despite a fast dive wrecking the boat.
Has anyone else had this day night problem?
Was my screen showing night but, given the time the AI was using day parameters?
G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 01:54 PM   #6069
propbeanie

The game has always had issues when Saving. I've saved in the middle of a storm, surrounded by fog (how was there fog anyway, with the wind blowing like that??), and when re-loading the save, it's a gorgeously beautiful sun-shiney kind of day. The time of day is a weird one, since at Pearl you are East of the IDL in - 10 or 11 territory, while off Honshu, you are West of IDL, +9 on tomorrow. I think the game can't decide which time zone to use... Then again, you might have a touch of mod soup. If you're not too far into your career, do a fresh SH4 install after emptying the Save folder (UserName \Documents \SH4), then re-activate the mod. Don't forget to re-do the GamePlay settings. The airplanes are being worked on, and CapnScurvy made a discovery with a LifeGuard mission spawning "extra" planes for us, so all of that will be worked-up into a v72 or higher in the next few days.

Old 06-02-18, 02:25 PM   #6070
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Thank you hauangua for your report (your English is just fine!!), I couldn't have said it better.....however, I do have pictures to add.

Immelmann, I took the Tambor out for a test run and set the depth to 200 feet. All gauges worked as they should:

I'm afraid you have an issue with your game, either in the Stock game needing to be reinstalled (could have corruption from previously used mods), or in the Download itself (any other mods running with Ultimate v0.71?). Have you run the JSGME "Compare Snapshot" feature to check your Stock game files? Have you deleted your old Documents/SH4 folder and started a new one after Ultimate v0.71 is activated in-game? Mod Soup looks like the cause to me.
All the same here.... no problem with Tambor

Old 06-02-18, 02:32 PM   #6071
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post

So my FotRSU checksum value is - d81c4e0596469623c71e7c7c4a279bae
New download is perfect :

just i'm sorry deleted old download 0.71 by PC .. impossible now control if no good old download or if other (my) error...

Last edited by hauangua; 06-02-18 at 02:44 PM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 04:09 PM   #6072
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man View Post
First thanks for this great mod, I like the better charge rates on the batteries, you need it to stay alive around Japan in 1945.
I tried my first patrol with 0.71 and on 15 January 1945 in a Tench class at 3110N14345E at 2245hrs I'd just surfaced in total darkness to recharge and close my patrol area having spent the day avoiding planes. I decided to call it a night at that point and saved the game. The next day I restarted the game and was in the right place and time but it was full daylight. After a day of diving for aircraft at 8NM and still getting a bomb dropped where I dived it got dark at 1400hrs. I then continued to get aircraft heading directly at me all through the night. Even the few who didn't appear heading straight towards me turned to attack at about 6NM. I've also had aircraft not detected on radar getting spotted by the deck watch in the dark at less than 2NM and despite a fast dive wrecking the boat.
Has anyone else had this day night problem?
Was my screen showing night but, given the time the AI was using day parameters?
I've had a suspicion that the day/night sensors are backwards for years! It has nothing to do with Fotrs Ultimate, but rather the Stock game. Years ago I ran tests regarding day/night visual detection. I was working on an early version of SCAF (Ship Centered Accuracy Fix, an earlier version of Optical Targeting Correction) and noticed the night capabilities were seemingly opposite to what they should be. The way the default sensor is set up, the more you tweaked to have darkness play a part in visual degradation, the less you got! Just plain backwards to what it should be. Recently, I've run into the same effect with trying to adjust Ultimate's visual sensor for an upcoming beta version. I don't know how it will turn out, I'm still working on it. I'm trying things that are beyond normal, yet with some success. It's just plain weird.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 07:10 PM   #6073
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

I have been onshore for extended leave and missed the start of this.

is the mod package ready for use or still in testing?

thanks to all hands, remarkable achievement reading thru the changes

very remarkable.

Admrial Von G
Old 06-02-18, 08:50 PM   #6074
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Trying to start new patrol from Midway on July 16, 1944. Ordered to patrol area of Convoy College. After hitting Start the patrol starts to load and never gets more than a 1/4 of the way before crashing to the desktop. Any ideas, pb?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 08:51 PM   #6075
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
I have been onshore for extended leave and missed the start of this.

is the mod package ready for use or still in testing?

thanks to all hands, remarkable achievement reading thru the changes

very remarkable.

Admrial Von G

We're still in Beta testing, a lot of things still have to be done. Each release get a little better.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote