SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-24, 11:36 AM   #376
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Gumbodad2!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-24, 11:49 AM   #377
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Gumbodad2
Just picked up your post. Go to C:\Documents\data\cfg\main
Go to the video setting and change the 1024x768 to 1920x1080 and save the change.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-24, 11:57 AM   #378
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

THEBERBSTER!: Kaleun_Salute: good 2 C U "back in the saddle" again; giveing sage advice and imparting ic insight!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-24, 04:20 PM   #379
Bigeagle
Nub

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueduck View Post
[...]
WHY DO YOU EXTRACT A EXE WITH A ZIP-PROGRAM???

[...]

I just stumbled about the same issue. I installed LSH3 back in 2015 under win7 and now set up silent hunter 3+4 in win10. So i thought i'd just make a backup of the installation and extract lsh3 on top of it. Obviously LSH3-EDITION-2015-FULL.EXE looks like the right (self extracting) archive. Also depending on the content i'd want to extract the right files but i can't open it due to the password protection.
It really surprised me. Why would anyone password protect a free mod? Did i download it from some shady site back then and forgot about it? was this even the version i installed? must be since i have only this 2015 version in my archive.
It took me a while to figure out you probably did this to enforce the use of your installer.
Still i don't know why you are doing this. Should i come back to this point in another 10 years i'm pretty sure i'll go through the same procedure or just give up it. Password protected mods smell fishy. The real ones are free.

I suppose someone wanted to reduce support requests due to errors during the setup process but still i think it's a bad thing.
Document the password prominently in the install doc and let it be 'you really should use the installer!' to make your point. Then people like me know what they should be doing but can continue to do their own thing. Or just have a look at the archive content.

The good thing: i now know about the 2022 version and will use that
the bad thing: it looks like my old career on win7 will stay there and i still have to reboot to play.
Bigeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-24, 02:35 PM   #380
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

It is likely a "licensing" issue with the mod Bigeagle, and is their choice as mod authors to restrict certain uses of the mod, since it is, after all, offered "free"... Reducing support issues is one of several reasons, I'm sure.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-24, 08:27 AM   #381
blueduck
Commander

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeagle View Post
I just stumbled about the same issue. I installed LSH3 back in 2015 under win7 and now set up silent hunter 3+4 in win10. So i thought i'd just make a backup of the installation and extract lsh3 on top of it. Obviously LSH3-EDITION-2015-FULL.EXE looks like the right (self extracting) archive. Also depending on the content i'd want to extract the right files but i can't open it due to the password protection.
It really surprised me. Why would anyone password protect a free mod? Did i download it from some shady site back then and forgot about it? was this even the version i installed? must be since i have only this 2015 version in my archive.
It took me a while to figure out you probably did this to enforce the use of your installer.
Still i don't know why you are doing this. Should i come back to this point in another 10 years i'm pretty sure i'll go through the same procedure or just give up it. Password protected mods smell fishy. The real ones are free.

I suppose someone wanted to reduce support requests due to errors during the setup process but still i think it's a bad thing.
Document the password prominently in the install doc and let it be 'you really should use the installer!' to make your point. Then people like me know what they should be doing but can continue to do their own thing. Or just have a look at the archive content.

The good thing: i now know about the 2022 version and will use that
the bad thing: it looks like my old career on win7 will stay there and i still have to reboot to play.

Yes @propbeanie - you are right! The reason is (was since LSH3 2020) to reduce support issues.

@Bigeagle:
Why don't you just use the installer and let him do his installation to a different directory and then "extract" the files from there?

Regards
Blueduck
blueduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-24, 07:40 PM   #382
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26

Berbster:
Please see PM.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-24, 12:47 PM   #383
THEBERBSTER

Check your emails
Peter
Old 03-06-24, 08:46 AM   #384
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Check your emails
Peter

Hey Peter,

seems that your Link to SH3-Stuff seems to be down. Do you have a new link to all the great guides you made for SH3? I just donwloaded LSH3 2022 and iam back at Sh3 now.

Looking for big Radio or Grammophon-mods for Sh3 before starting a campaign. Its recommended to not install any mods after starting the campaign in LSH3 2022. In SH5 its not a problem to change any radio or grammo-files while playing a campaing. Is this the same with LSH3 2022 or should i avoid this?

Thx and hope you feel fine.

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-24, 12:13 PM   #385
KSCyrus
Watch

Downloads: 172

Does anyone have this bug/a fix for this?
Happens mostly when i zoom into the map, I've also noticed this kind of problem On the equipment page when trying to select Uboat/Towers/equipment/Torpedoes that my Mouse isnt aligned to where it should be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SH3Img@7-3-2024_18.9.59_402.jpg (95.8 KB, 17 views)
KSCyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-24, 09:36 PM   #386
THEBERBSTER

Hi Excel
I am assuming the modders at LSH3 told Subsim to remove my LSH3 tutorial thread when they introduced the new LSH3-2022 mega mod without any consultation to me as it all suddenly disappeared, unfortunately not only did all my LSH3 tutorial and information get deleted which was not really a problem as most of it would have been out of date anyway but also all of my SH3 stuff which was in the same tutorail thread was deleted as well.
Peter
Old 03-09-24, 05:33 AM   #387
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Excel
I am assuming the modders at LSH3 told Subsim to remove my LSH3 tutorial thread when they introduced the new LSH3-2022 mega mod without any consultation to me as it all suddenly disappeared, unfortunately not only did all my LSH3 tutorial and information get deleted which was not really a problem as most of it would have been out of date anyway but also all of my SH3 stuff which was in the same tutorail thread was deleted as well.
Peter
Hi Peter

I've no knowledge of any of the above so I'd suggest you contact Neal.

Regards
Jim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-24, 06:17 AM   #388
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel4004 View Post
Hey Peter,

seems that your Link to SH3-Stuff seems to be down. Do you have a new link to all the great guides you made for SH3?
[8<--]
Subsim-Library has lost useful information.
What it was can be found here:
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums - View Single Post - LSH3-2015 <> TUTORIALS <> ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW <> ALL IN ONE PLACE (archive.org)
I would not say most was 'outdated', instead most was also usable without LSH3.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-24, 04:59 PM   #389
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Support

Hey Peter,

thats are very..very bad news!!

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-24, 06:45 PM   #390
THEBERBSTER

Hi Hebe
Thanks for tour info, it's good to know that at least it is still around.
Peter