SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-16, 09:39 AM   #3046
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Do our Bismarck and Tirpitz have damage models at all? I don't recall ever seeing a hole in them. We were gifted a Bismarck and Tirpitz by bismark1001, which have complete damage models. I'll put them up in Area 51 tonight so you can evaluate and adapt for FOTRS Ultimate if appropriate. Damage models would be really great.
Were biskamrk1001's vessels in any other mod? s7rikeback and I have been looking at one from somewhere else (I'm on the wrong computer to look), and are having a tough time getting it to display the "camo" skin... But we'll definitely look at these two! Big question though... - sorry, can't help myself... - is it Bismarck, or Bismark internally?...

The sinking model from FotRS on some of the vessels works wonderfully, but I don't think they got around to some, skipped others, and then we've brought in other vessels from the other versions, so it's a bit of a hodge-podge, and tough to say which ones don't have it. Two torps could definitely take out an Auxilary Cruiser given the right circumstances, though two hits on the bow should mean it'd sink from that end, not the other... Dead bodies are "not allowed" in the sim. Even the life boats & rafts have been debated about over the years. I do know that even the life rafts and life boats from a ship's sinking will disappear after a while, as well as the debri, at a set time in one of the config files. The main reason for that of course, is to release computer resources...

jldjs, I'd just turn everything off and see how the game plays. Set the games display to the same as your video settings are, which should be set to the "native" resolution of the actual display screen. On this little dual-core I have, the main things was that "particles..." setting in the lower-right of the Display Settings in the game. That "sped" things up the most, but of course, made the game look like a cartoon for the most part. If after you turn it all off and things play great, you could adding them back in one at a time, and see what adds the greatest impact from a performance and visual perspective... It takes a bit to experiment, and you might end up like me with everything still turned off. Oh, one of the sliders on the left had to be slid way to the left. Can't remember the name of it... Man, I'm going to have to fire the game up again and do some "testing"... I'll be back in a few hours... no more than four.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 10:35 AM   #3047
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
...Got it. Very impressed so far but I feel that fantastic visuals are more than my old Nvidia GT330m gpu can't handle it. Can you advise on which Graphic options might lesson the strain?
That went quicker than I expected... 'course, I got sunk, so... Anyway jldjs, Top to Bottom, Left to Right: 1a. Game resolution at my display's "Native" 1280x1024, basically square. Matches my Windows setting.- 2a. Ship 3d detail is Low- 3a. Char Detail is Off- 4a. Particles Density is Middle- 5a. Terrain Objects Density is Middle- 6a. Terrain objects LOD size is Middle = Everything in the middle column is un-checked = Right column 1c. 3d Ship wake Off- 2c. Detailed wave ripple is Off- 3c. Ship Normal Mips is Checked- 4c. Ship Caustic is Checked- 5c. Texture quality high is Off- 6c. Vertical Sync is Off. Now, I'm no video expert, and haven't a clue as to which of the above settings takes the most resources, but I can definitely tell "quicker" response (a relative term with my computer... lol) when I turn anything off or lower...

And I might turn the 3c and 4c back off... I got sunk this last round because the computer still can't keep up (my poor 20 y.o. AGP vid card), and when I pushed the down scope button, apparently the computer didn't "see" my request, so as I was turning to bring the rear tubes to bear on an approaching DD bent on my destruction, he followed my every move while I was on the torpedo screen... - think Maxwell Smart: Would you believe? the ole "leave the periscope up so he can follow my every move" trick? Brought him right to me...

You should get much better performance than me with this relic of a card.

Old 12-08-16, 11:38 AM   #3048
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Were biskamrk1001's vessels in any other mod? s7rikeback and I have been looking at one from somewhere else (I'm on the wrong computer to look), and are having a tough time getting it to display the "camo" skin... But we'll definitely look at these two! Big question though... - sorry, can't help myself... - is it Bismarck, or Bismark internally?...
I'm passing that hot potato off just as quickly as I can, although I am going to test it some tonight just for fun.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 01:00 PM   #3049
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Default i'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Here's something that probably is in s7rikeback's domain. I was cruising SE of Tokyo Bay when I picked up a radar contact. Turned out to be two Shiratsuyu DDs . Both of them looked like the screenie below.

I looked in the sea folder under NDD Shiratsuyu and couldn't see anything that was obvious at least to my limited knowledge. Did notice that there is still a tga files in there. I thought they were garbage. One other thing of note, the Shiratsuyu looked fine in the Museum. Wondering if this is the same one that max posted about, sure looks like it. The game engine got a little choppy after that encounter also.
Good evening cdrsubron7, Hope your well?

Just to confirm;

I have a clean version of SH4
+ Unified fixes for SH4
+ v0.40
+ LAA

There no tga files present within the sea or air folders of my installation.

It's nice to be back online again - have i missed much?

Maru Mod v0.40 is 99% updated and will be ready for this weekend.
Old 12-08-16, 01:12 PM   #3050
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Good evening cdrsubron7, Hope your well?

Just to confirm;

I have a clean version of SH4
+ Unified fixes for SH4
+ v0.40
+ LAA

There no tga files present within the sea or air folders of my installation.

It's nice to be back online again - have i missed much?

Maru Mod v0.40 is 99% updated and will be ready for this weekend.
Awesome. Unified fixes for SH4 are incorporated inside FOTRSU already. Just marvel at how fast everything loads after you fixed all those ships! The game is a pleasure to play now. Our issues list grows short. We actually load quicker than TMO and we're half again larger!
Old 12-08-16, 01:23 PM   #3051
s7rikeback
I break things

Default My Thanks to....

Quote:
Awesome. Unified fixes for SH4 are incorporated inside FOTRSU already. Just marvel at how fast everything loads after you fixed all those ships! The game is a pleasure to play now. Our issues list grows short. We actually load quicker than TMO and we're half again larger!
Got to thank Jeff-Groves for his patience and guidance.
And also the fact that Jeff-Groves had a big hand in fixing the Bismark & Flag problems and many more ship & Air issues.

Really helped me to find and fix these problems.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 12-08-16 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Jeff-Groves Edit.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 01:29 PM   #3052
propbeanie

Glad you got your internet back s7rikeback!

Old 12-08-16, 01:41 PM   #3053
s7rikeback
I break things

Icon14 hell ya!

Quote:
Glad you got your internet back s7rikeback!
Two weeks without major net access is not good, i was in withdrawal after 2 mins..
Old 12-08-16, 01:54 PM   #3054
s7rikeback
I break things

Default Bismark v Bismarck

Quote:
I'm passing that hot potato off just as quickly as I can, although I am going to test it some tonight just for fun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...eship_Bismarck

"Bismarck was the first of two Bismarck-class battleships built for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine. Named after Chancellor Otto von Bismarck, the primary force behind the unification of Germany in 1871, the ship was laid down at the Blohm & Voss shipyard in Hamburg in July 1936 and launched in February 1939. Work was completed in August 1940, when she was commissioned into the German fleet. Bismarck and her sister ship Tirpitz were the largest battleships ever built by Germany, and two of the largest built by any European power."

Ok to settle all arguements lets stick with the above... Final Answer !!!
Old 12-08-16, 02:28 PM   #3055
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German...eship_Bismarck

"Bismarck was the first of two Bismarck-class battleships built for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine. Named after Chancellor Otto von Bismarck, the primary force behind the unification of Germany in 1871, the ship was laid down at the Blohm & Voss shipyard in Hamburg in July 1936 and launched in February 1939. Work was completed in August 1940, when she was commissioned into the German fleet. Bismarck and her sister ship Tirpitz were the largest battleships ever built by Germany, and two of the largest built by any European power."

Ok to settle all arguements lets stick with the above... Final Answer !!!
I was just referring to possible conflicts in the ships supplied to me. In reality it won't be that hard to check out. I'll post 'em on Area 51 tonight.
Old 12-08-16, 02:42 PM   #3056
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
I was just referring to possible conflicts in the ships supplied to me. In reality it won't be that hard to check out. I'll post 'em on Area 51 tonight.
Hangs head in shame...
Old 12-08-16, 03:16 PM   #3057
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Another texture problem, this big old split merchant was seen on the 24th December 1942, this might help out the texture debuggers.

Good catch - I did a little checking and this one is down to me

A typo in the roster cfg - I put down T186 instead of T18 for that texture

Gimme a few minutes to make a JSGME patch

Should I send it to RR?

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon

Last edited by max-peck; 12-08-16 at 04:00 PM.
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 03:28 PM   #3058
propbeanie

Yes, please max-peck. Send him a PM. I think he'll want it put it in Google Drive, Some Assembly Required folder... maybe...

Wow, ~very~ small detail... I'm going to need a magnifying glass to keep up with some of this... It might also explain why cdrsubron7 was able to "see" more bad ship calls in the Campaign files... - I guess we'll look for similar now in the two warships...

Old 12-08-16, 04:00 PM   #3059
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Yes, please max-peck. Send him a PM.
Can do - just sent

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 05:25 PM   #3060
propbeanie

Thank you sir. No such luck on the two DD vessels...