Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-18, 04:46 PM   #1
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default What?!?!?

OK, need some help or a hint...

I started the Baltic Operations mission and successfully sailed from Memel along a plotted course to the designated operations area. Once there, I used the search patrol area script and in the middle of the night I encountered two warships (stopped the script to intercept them), apparently Polish destroyers, but was not clear on how to identify and report them.

So, I saved the game with a new name, exited to Windows and went looking through the forums for guidance on "how to...". I found what I needed and went back to start the patrol from the save between "choose mission" and "start mission", not the save during the night when I found the DDs. Suddenly I was racing out of the bunker at Standard speed and diving to 32 meters. Crashed into the bottom at the far shore, rolled over and sank...end of my "promising" career...but not before I discovered that the search patrol area script was turned on. What?!?!?

So, I closed up shop and went to have lunch. Came back and restarted my career from the very beginning, Autosave entering port, selected the same mission, saved and exited, restarted, loaded the save and started the mission and headed out to the designated patrol area again...checked to make sure the search script was not turned on. Saved with a new name and exited the game about half way to the patrol area..."honeydo" list took precedence. I came back and started the save and bingo...I'm diving to 32 meters, the script is turned on again.

Can anyone tell me what did I/am I doing wrong?

Oh...using TWoS 2.2.7...loving it (if I can just figure out some of these little surprises)!

Last edited by CaptBones; 10-06-18 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Afterthought...
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote