SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-17, 10:32 AM   #1
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0
Default Something kinda cool I ran into in my career.

In single player career mode I was in the western approaches trailing a convoy in terrible weather with almost zero visibility, waiting for the weather to improve. I was out of visual range when the weather finally improved enough to make an attack so I went to 20 meters to get a hydrophone fix on the convoy. When I turned on the hydrophones and began my sweep I heard three strange sounds in my headphones. The convoy was a slow mover so I decided to try to find what was making those noises first so I surfaced and went in the direction of the strange sounds. On the way I saw a plume of smoke and when investigating found a smoking sinking cargo ship. To make a long story shorter, I went into exterior camera mode and went underwater towards the sounds and about 2km ahead of me were 3 U-boats running submerged a few hundred meters abreast of each other. This was the first time I have ran into AI U-boats outside of port and the first time I have ever seen a ship sinking that I hadn't sunk. If I have seen this I'm sure others have too but I just thought it was kinda cool to run into some friendlies on the high seas and to see they were sinking tonnage.
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote