SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-16, 09:28 PM   #2311
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166
Uploads: 0

That's the song Suo Gan...That little woman has a beautiful voice...It would sound so good in fortes...It would probably make players just sit back and listen to the song while waiting for the sim to load,,,,
Old 10-05-16, 09:43 PM   #2312
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

"... splash splash ..." ... "uh... Sir? uh... there's uh, can's in the waterBOOM - BOOM - BOOM..."

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 10:42 PM   #2313
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
D: drive Program Files (x86), all games and programs are installed on D:, only Windows Updates are allowed on the C: drive.

I'm also using the CFF Explorer to make SH4 large address aware, I think I've got everything covered but if not I'm sure someone will chime in with a few extra tips.
And the alarm bells go off! You are playing with the Microsoft protected directory pitbulls and they do not play well with others. Make a root directory /ubisoft and install SH4 there, far from the fangs of the MS pitbulls and many problems will vanish. Also be sure to apply the Large Address Aware patch to SH4.exe. Finally, make sure your desktop shortcut runs SH4.exe not gu.exe.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 10:51 PM   #2314
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

I don't want to be too dramatic about it but I have an appointment with a semi-notorious villan named Matthew tomorrow night or Friday morning. He promises to thoroughly beat me up and I will definitely lose power probably after midnight tomorrow. I'll surely be off the Internet Friday and estimate I won't be powered up again for three weeks, possibly longer if the hurricanes of 2004 can be a reasonable guide.

There's a chance cell phones may have some communication so I'll check in when I can.
Old 10-06-16, 12:29 AM   #2315
propbeanie

Would you believe that my wife's cousins drove down there to go see the ocean? On vacation?... Some of them called this afternoon, and they are headed back, but my goodness... The neighbors went to North Carolina, Outer Banks... Besides good ole fashioned TV, there's that newfangled stuff to keep folks informed. I though they knew how to use that stuff...

Just go and be careful Rockin Robbins, batten down the hatches, prepare for the worst, expect the best, and if you need some help, holler. The sooner the better, but some of us can get away if we need to... It'd just be better iffen youse just got a little rain maybe, nothing major... My son's name is Matthew, and while he sounds mean, can be mean, he's really a teddy bear at heart... We'll hope and pray for the best for you and yours. Go and be careful.

btw, CheezeIts, you needs CheezeIts... and PIZZA!!! Keep your head and your butt down low...

Old 10-06-16, 06:48 AM   #2316
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Would you believe that my wife's cousins drove down there to go see the ocean? On vacation?... Some of them called this afternoon, and they are headed back, but my goodness... The neighbors went to North Carolina, Outer Banks... Besides good ole fashioned TV, there's that newfangled stuff to keep folks informed. I though they knew how to use that stuff...

Just go and be careful Rockin Robbins, batten down the hatches, prepare for the worst, expect the best, and if you need some help, holler. The sooner the better, but some of us can get away if we need to... It'd just be better iffen youse just got a little rain maybe, nothing major... My son's name is Matthew, and while he sounds mean, can be mean, he's really a teddy bear at heart... We'll hope and pray for the best for you and yours. Go and be careful.

btw, CheezeIts, you needs CheezeIts... and PIZZA!!! Keep your head and your butt down low...
Very low! And emergency power to the Hungry Howies! It's deadly quiet this morning. Overcast sky and just gray clouds. By this afternoon we will definitely have signs of the approaching storm. And the forecasters will have a much better track for the storm.

At this point the best thing for us would be for the eye to come ashore south of us instead of remaining offshore where it would continue to suck up heat and moisture from the water. If the eye will get over land for six hours that will make a definite dent in the storm's strength and help us a lot.

I'm 20 miles inland in a pretty wooded area. It would be a lot worse to be on a plain with no intervening trees. I went through 24 hours of 100 mile per hour winds in Hurricane Jeanne in 2004 so we've been through this before. The waiting is worse than the storm itself.

Down periscope! Take her down and we'll come up for an observation at 1700. Rig for turbulence!
Old 10-06-16, 07:17 AM   #2317
captcrane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 184

Batten down the hatches RR. I'm in ct but watching that storm closely. My mother, sister, her husband and mother all live in Daytona and as luck would have it my son his wife and 2 grandbabies are in Orlando on vacation! So hang in there mate!
captcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 09:36 AM   #2318
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Up scope! Come to radar depth for a transmission. First rain band is overhead right now. Light rain. Wind 15 mph. These clouds are definitely part of the hurricane. I'm in Daytona Beach right now. I live 20 miles west.

Take her down to 200'. I want to be away from surface wave turbulence. We'll pop up later in the day to report.

A bit of video from about 9:30 am.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 10-06-16 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-06-16, 09:40 AM   #2319
propbeanie

Maybe it'll decide to make a left turn for Miami, and do a little partying down that a-way, and spend all it's money while there... ??

Old 10-06-16, 10:12 AM   #2320
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Naw! It's all partied out from its Bahamas vacation.
Old 10-06-16, 10:22 AM   #2321
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Don't forget to close the Main Induction valve when submerged, boss.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 10:25 AM   #2322
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Don't forget to close the Main Induction valve when submerged, boss.
Some of the guys from the Squalus/Sailfish/Squalfish were talking to me about that the other day......
Old 10-06-16, 11:03 AM   #2323
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290

Ya here in Leesburg, Fl. we be ready. Already ordered 2 Extra Large Meat Lovers pizzas, two family size pastas, 2 case of water (have a pool so water's not an issues lol), 2 cases of Ramen noodles and three days worth of Blue Margaritas. And as long as the Internet, power and roof stay put we be Stormy winds and Fouled seas while target hunting!

by....ME / QM3 Jack Frost, USS IOWA BB61 - Precom 1983 - 1987 / CTR2 Jack Frost - NSGA Northwest Chesapeake, VA. 1987 - 1994!
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-16, 12:11 PM   #2324
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

You'll be without power same as I will be. The question is how long. Looks like the latest timing for the storm puts it straight east of Daytona at sunrise tomorrow. Worst wind should happen between midnight tonight and noon tomorrow--a good 12 hours of 100 mph winds, even in downtown Orlando. North and east facing windows will be most at risk.

If you don't have the experience of continuous 100 mph winds for many hours, you're in for quite a shock. During the three hurricanes of 2004 I would go out my door in the wind shadow of the house (you can't stand up in 100 mph wind. You get blown flat on the ground. Crawling is almost impossible too.) and the wind noise was so loud that you coudn't hear anything.

That is until one of the tornadoes started ripping apart trees a couple hundred feet away. Over totally deafening noise you could hear the sharp cracks as treetops were being twisted until they broke off from the top of the tree and were taken who knows where. It's an eerie sound you'll never forget.

If you haven't done 100 miles per hour winds, you're in for an experience you could never imagine. Stay safe.
Old 10-06-16, 12:14 PM   #2325
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Stay safe Guys!
I'm off line for a bit to replace my router and change the whole home system.