SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-14, 07:43 PM   #11
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYBubblehead View Post
Heya, all!

I'm just getting back into SH4 after a long absence, and I'm trying to get everything squared away using Traveller's mod, v2.6 Final for TMO (I'm also using RSRDC). I just have a few hiccups, so if I may....

3 quick questions, re: Traveller's mod, because I've read the documentation multiple times, but it's wholly possible that my brain just isn't comprehending something, or I have something out of whack.

1) I'm getting the museum CTD that fitzcarraldo reported with Traveller's mod 2.6 for TMO enabled. Any insight?

2) I saw in the readme that at one point Traveller's mod included a patch for Longer Sinking Times (the version compatible with TMO), but I didn't see it as an optional file anymore in the latest version of Traveller's mod, and I'm wondering I need to track down the compatibility mod that was included with an earlier version.

3) Am I correct to assume that, even though Traveller's mod has a patch for OTC, that if I'm using an aspect ratio other than the default 4:3 (gee, thanks, laptop that decides it wants to be 16:9!), I probably shouldn't use OTC with Traveller's mod? I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to get an answer to this question first, so I haven't tried it out to see what would happen.

Thanks, all! And thanks, Traveller, for such a comprehensive piece of work!

Hello, CNYBubblehead! Thanks for using the mod.

1. Try deleting or renaming the Traveller Mod Data\Sea folder before installing. This should fix the crashes.

2. I included my own version of Longer Sinking Times feature long ago. Bilge Rat's version is no longer needed with Traveller Mod, nor is it compatible.

3. I cannnot guarantee it, but you might be able to safely use the 16:9 version of OTC with Traveller Mod without any crashes... but you will lose many features I added, including the custom sub menu bars, SoS return to base feature, sub interior and exterior camera aspect ratios, depth charge camera shake effects, etc.

Good luck!

Last edited by Traveller; 07-14-14 at 07:55 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote