SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-07, 07:23 AM   #136
TopCat
Helmsman

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Manteuffel
The figures represent:

Date from which station first available dd.mm.yyyy to the date on which station closes down, again, dd.mm.yyyy

After the first colon come latitude (degrees. minutes ) and longitude (degrees.minutes) of the place the station transmits from.

The last figure ( after the second colon ) is the transmission range of the station. 100000 is worldwide.

Please see tedhealy's posts for more details.
So, negative longitude means West and negative latidute means south, that means in the mentioned example 34 degrees North and 118 degrees West? So that would be Los Angeles, is that correct?

And the range (100000), is this in miles or kilometers?
TopCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 04:07 PM   #137
Spruence M
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 29

The Radio Mods were the first ones that I downloaded back when they were first available. I cannot tell you how much fun it is to go on patrol and hear the messages from the era, and that my girlfriend can't stand them.

A question I have is, during my surface attacks on single merchants, I would like the radio to compete with the deck gun so I don't have to turn it off or strain to hear it over the other combat noises. Is it possible somewhere to edit the volumn of the incoming transmission? It seems like it is pretty low.

Thanks for the work.
Spruence M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 04:59 PM   #138
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruence M
A question I have is, during my surface attacks on single merchants, I would like the radio to compete with the deck gun so I don't have to turn it off or strain to hear it over the other combat noises. Is it possible somewhere to edit the volumn of the incoming transmission? It seems like it is pretty low.
You can either bump up the volume in the sound settings panel (if it isn't already) or manually increase the volume in each file in a sound editor. Tedious, but it would work.
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 02:10 AM   #139
Spruence M
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 29

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatly, my voulmn is all the way up in game, and I don't enjoy tedious...

Thanks again for the help.
Spruence M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 05:07 PM   #140
Rotor
Torpedoman

Downloads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDWAYman
Hi, I think I need some help with the version v1.2. I've installed it as usual, exactly the same way as v1.0 (CAPTAIN_MIDNIGHTS_CBS_RADD), but I cannot hear anything.:hmm: Did I do something wrong? Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.
In VISTA run the jsgme as adminstrator this way the mods gets enabled!
Old 07-29-07, 02:55 AM   #141
Von Manteuffel
Commander

Downloads: 411

Quote:
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatly, my voulmn is all the way up in game, and I don't enjoy tedious...
It doesn't have to be tedious. Since all the files are Mp3 you can use MP3 Gain to normalise them all to a higher level in one go.

If you tweak the files very high, you'll have to put up with an amount of audio clipping, but since we're dealing with old radio broadcasts, heard against a background of the ambient noise of the sub, the sea etc. and ( in real life) often transmitted from hastily and live cut 15-inch transcription discs, it's never bothered me.

You can batch normalise the entire CBS Radio events.ini contents in situ.

It might be worth your checking it out.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

And, of course, you can always use the INSTANT RADIO G.I. Jive tracks as random tracks in the CBS folder, giving you constant radio, with the Cap'n.s scripted broadcasts interrupting the delicious G.I. Jill. You can find them here.

http://sh.xset.co.uk
Von Manteuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-07, 02:34 PM   #142
StevenLohr
Watch

Downloads: 215
Default Uber Radio Mod?

Is there an "Uber Radio Mod" that incorporates the various radio stations that have been produced, ie, the Saigon, CBS, NBC, Japanese, etc into a single package? If not, is there a single listing of the download sites for all of the Radio Mods?
Thanks in advance,
StevenLohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-07, 03:57 PM   #143
Von Manteuffel
Commander

There's no "Uber Radio" mod, but there are quite a few stations available. Apart from CaptainCox's CBS News mod, tedhealy created several stations dedicated to carrying editions of single programmes (e.g. Abbott & Costello, Burns & Allen, Bob Hope, Jack Benny etc. )

I think Ted's experienced some problems with Filefront. Best thing to do is a search in the mods forum for "radio" That should turn up most of what is available.

The problems with an UBER MOD are:
1. File size. Even at the tightest compresssion (16kbs) 30 minutes of radio still use around 3.4 Mb.
2. Merging the event.ini of each station.

The biggest problem with scripted stations ( where the events.ini is used to set programmes to broadcast at a set time on a given date ) is that if you save the game - when you resume, the radio begins its schedule of transmsissions back from the date of the beginning of the mission, not the in-game date where you saved the game.

I think people are moving away from scripted stations - except Captain Midnight's CBS station, which scripts news broadcasts - and towards simply putting the music, or programmes they like into station folders, where they are played at random.

That's the idea behind my GI JIVE tracks. They play randomly, but sound like a continuous radio programme.
Old 08-27-07, 10:41 PM   #144
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17

COX! Why did you remove the music! Yes people have diffrent tastes but if they dont like it then they dont have to use it!. Also I think coppyrights only apply to use for monatary gain.

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 02:50 PM   #145
Von Manteuffel
Commander

Sorry to contradict, Herr Kaleun, but copyright applies to any and all uses, copying, or transmissions, irrespective of purpose, or monetary considerations.

If you want copyright-free music, please try here

http://sh.xset.co.uk/
Old 10-20-07, 12:01 PM   #146
cowboys98
Mate

Downloads: 108

would this cbs mod conflict if you have trgger maru mod install?
cowboys98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-07, 01:01 PM   #147
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default Not at all

radio mods don't conflict with any other mods.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 01:22 PM   #148
metroman
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Default Still having CTD with the Manila thing

Sorry to bring this up again, but I still am getting the CTD when the Manila is being Bombed news is being aired. I DL the fix from a few pages back but still get the CTD. It seems to happen at the same point, just after the announcer starts in about Oahu under martial law, I think. The only mods I have are RSRD, 360 plotter, the new medals. FWIW, the date is Dec. 13 in the game, so shouldn't the manila being bombed be old news at that point or does this mod not synch with the date. I Love it otherwise! any ideas?

TIA,
Brian
metroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 01:31 PM   #149
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default Metroman

What fix are you referring to? If you mean the RadioStationManager it should take care of not only the CTD (if it is indeed from the radio mod) and the "old news" bug.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 03:32 PM   #150
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default Captain Cox did a Manila bombing message fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
What fix are you referring to? If you mean the RadioStationManager it should take care of not only the CTD (if it is indeed from the radio mod) and the "old news" bug.
He put out a file that fixed that problem and it should be posted on the same page as the radio mod download. I have not had a problem with the mod since the fix he posted.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote