SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-14, 12:25 PM   #11221
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672
Uploads: 0

Hiya,

New ui is 7.50 test version 16 then apply the patch #2

Maybe best to have a nose around in that

Some guru will no doubt be along smartish

Def

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 03:00 PM   #11222
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A warm welcome ‘Loltak’ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my

STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS & HOW TO DO IT

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 06:31 AM   #11223
Lastman
Torpedoman

Downloads: 250

is there a way to turn RAOFB without using the mouse wheel, but rather by dragging it with the mouse?
Lastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 07:54 AM   #11224
Loltak
Seaman

Downloads: 62

Hi,
Thanks for the link THEBERBSTER, you've done a great work
I'll try the beta version.

Edit: the journal viewer of the 7.5 can read my old journal, that's just strange that a journal 7.4.2 couldn't be read with the journal reader 7.4.2 on my pc. But i now work that the principal

Last edited by Loltak; 04-14-14 at 11:09 AM.
Loltak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 04:08 AM   #11225
Dielos
Watch

Downloads: 53

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is explained somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

What is the process to update the mod? I have 1.5.0 and would like to update to the last test version, but I'm not sure how to do it without breaking anything.

My TDW UI mod is waaaay in the middle of my mod list, so uninstalling it is difficult for me.
Dielos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 04:44 AM   #11226
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielos View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is explained somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

What is the process to update the mod? I have 1.5.0 and would like to update to the last test version, but I'm not sure how to do it without breaking anything.

My TDW UI mod is waaaay in the middle of my mod list, so uninstalling it is difficult for me.
read here THEBERBSTER step by step tutorials ....

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 12:55 PM   #11227
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:

I hope you are using JSGME!
I have 90 mods installed and TDW UI is in the middle of my modlist, too. I have a medium to high end computer. JSGME will report that it is not responding, but it is. I usually open up task manager to see memory used and cpu usage involved. I have a quad core 2.6 GHZ processor with Windows 7, 64 bit. CPU usage is most dramatic from 1% to 25% usage for JSGME.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 01:34 PM   #11228
Frank2013
Nub

Downloads: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
@ TDW

heya TDW i about the sextant is any posibilty too look up ? or zoom out cos i can't see the polaris from sextant need to look up....

"The angle of elevation of the North Star is equal to your latitude"

if u finde you latitude then is very easy to finde your longitude... convert the UTC time.
Convert it to degrees by using the fact that 24h = 360°, 12h = 180°, 6h = 90°, 1h = 15°, 4m = 1° and 1m = 15’. In this example: 10h = 150°, 12m = 3°, 30s = 7.5’ (8’)

more details are http://www.markmason.net/nav/excerpts.htm
Hi,TDW
Please forgive my poor English...I just met the same problem as above.The field of view in sextant seems to be too narrow now.Can't measure the angle of elevation of a celestial body which is above 16 degrees.I really want to make a celestial position fix by myself.Is there any way to fix that in your MOD?

Thanks,your MOD is awesome,I love it.
Frank2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-14, 11:45 PM   #11229
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
1.5.0? That's extremely old!

To update to newest version:
- disable old version
- use options migrator in NEW version to migrate options file from old to new
- enable new version

EDIT:

actually v1.5.0 is too old to use the OptionsMigrator app on because that version's option's file isn't setup for the app. You'll have to enable the new version of the mod and then use the OptionsEditorViewer app found in \data\Applications to setup your options file.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 04-20-14 at 12:28 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-14, 11:47 PM   #11230
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastman View Post
is there a way to turn RAOFB without using the mouse wheel, but rather by dragging it with the mouse?
Enable the RadCap tools add-on mod
Old 04-19-14, 11:49 PM   #11231
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
heya TDW i about the sextant is any posibilty too look up ? or zoom out cos i can't see the polaris from sextant need to look up....
see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3179
Old 04-20-14, 09:03 PM   #11232
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v7.5.0 test version 17 available here: https://www.mediafire.com/?lismgl03bwubc8b

v7.5.0 - fixed bug in TDWMouse.dll that could cause python exception to be thrown
- redid destroyed marks
- made the whole left side of the NavMap features window draggable so that those users whose screen resolution is small can still view the whole window by dragging it up/down
- added a new order to the engineer's orders: electrics only. When this is clicked and enabled then propulsion will be limited to electric propulsion only (requires patch from Generic Patcher enabled for this)
- removed old sextant. Added a new sextant to the game. The sextant is used by calling up the Sextant window from the Navigator's order bar. This requires the Stadimeter being used as sextant patch to be enabled in the Generic Patcher. To use the sextant: call up Sextant window, place the scope reference line on the horizon, press the Enable sextant button in the Sextant window, press the Stadimeter button (little button above the TDC range dial), place green reference line on object wanting angle of, read out angle in the sextant window
- added two additional add-on mods: NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_Eye_Reflection and NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflectio n. These can be used to set a mask for the Sextant (by default the sextant has no mask - just open display)
- added a new user option that controls the starting and minimum width of the messagebox. Minimum width is 180.0. Default is 315.0 (stock size). (MessageBoxMinimumWidth)
- revised Automation so that it dynamically 'loads' the commands for the script when script is played. When script is stopped the commands are 'unloaded' to free memory. This dramatically reduces the memory used with all the scripts loaded in.
- when Disable sextant is clicked in the sextant window it will also disable the sextant window now
- fixed bug of being able to close sextant window while sextant was active (if this happened then there was no way to deactivate sextant!)
- fixed bug of button for using sextant disappearing after using the sextant
- added a new icon to the engineer order category: diveplanes
- added a new orders bar: diveplanes. This has the orders for controlling the diveplanes (if the manual diveplanes patch is enabled of my Generic Patcher)
- fixed problem of depth bar not rendering if the add-on mod NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights was enabled
- fixed bug of after using Sextant none of the order bars would be visible and camera zoom was 'zoomed'
- fixed bug of tutorials always showing corrupt in the main menu
- added a new parameter to the user chart files: Sizeable=. If this value is 1 then the chart is sizeable by using the mousewheel, dragging a corner, or dragging a side. NOTE: the chart's size will NOT be saved and will be restored to original size at game end or exit to main menu
- user charts now dynamically load/unload thus saving memory used

This new test version is needed to test the revised stadimeter as sextant patch of the Generic Patcher v1.0.164.0

See here for information on revised stadimeter as sextant patch:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3185
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3186
Old 04-27-14, 11:09 PM   #11233
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Currently using NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_TheDarkWraith_Test_Version_17
I can still only load 50 user charts . I thought this was increased because of memory restructure or something .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=11220
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 10:34 AM   #11234
quantum
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 10

Hello Everyone

I am new in game and as well in in mod using. I have installed only Multiple UI for SH5 with TDC but it doesn't work. As I checked there is no problem with using other mods.

The issue is that game cannot be launched - after trailer and progress screen there appears black screen and I get back to Windows.

In debugview I've found following error:
Code:
00000408    74.40542603    [3964] TDWMouse constructor end     
00000409    74.65902710    [160] SH_ServerOrbitProtocol.cpp (111): Failed to read packet from client.
Have you every came across with similar issue and maybe you know how to sort it out ?

There is a topic at forum re this error but for me seems to be different.

I have patch 1,2 and play with Uplay at WIn XP SP3
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 11:51 AM   #11235
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Sent you a pm
I'll keep checking for reply til 11pm gmt (UK here)

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui