SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-18, 01:47 PM   #11
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7
Default Possible CTD causes

After examining the multiple CTDs I've been lately experiencing, they seem to fall into one of two categories:

1. CTD during reloading of a saved game: The game CTDs during loading of a saved game, after getting the "initializing" screen message. This is often caused by a missing "materials" in a .dat file, and a primary cause of this is when a chunk is exported and then imported into a new file, even though the "materials" may be assigned to it, if that is also not exported/imported, the object will spawn/function in game the first time, but it will CTD if the game is saved and reloaded.
  2. CTD in mid-game without warning: The game abruptly CTDs, with no warning or obvious cause, at the same location and date. The only reason for this that I can see is some sort of spawning error, either in .SCR or .RND.
In the latter case, I have had two instances where the game crashed at the same location and point in time. The last time was Apr 21, 1942, just of the west coast of Ireland. Three times in a row the game CTD at that date/time/location, and I could see nothing that would cause that to occur.

In the former, I have no idea where to even begin looking for errors. I think it may have something to do with one of the aircraft, since I've noticed that after having shot several down, saved the game then tried to reload, I've CTD-ed.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote