SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-16, 11:20 AM   #1
au-boat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Hi, Having some trouble with wolves of steel any help would be appreciated.

Hi, i have just bought sh5 and was really pumped to play it i then installed it and went straight to the mod website the only problem is on the step requiring the jsgme.exe, its not there! what do i do? i am really excited to play this so any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-16, 02:03 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by au-boat View Post
Hi, i have just bought sh5 and was really pumped to play it i then installed it and went straight to the mod website the only problem is on the step requiring the jsgme.exe, its not there! what do i do? i am really excited to play this so any help would be appreciated.
JSGME is already contained within the main TWoS archive, the one which is ~1.5GB heavy...You have to extract this archive to your main install Silent Hunter 5 folder...Then, all necessary files will be placed where they should be...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-16, 05:11 AM   #3
au-boat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks alot for the help,how exactly do i find this archive? I installed the rar file and extracted it into my folder, but it is definitely not 1 gig
Old 05-30-16, 07:29 AM   #4
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 375
Uploads: 0

Icon14 JGSME installation

What you are asking needs to be clarified, you will find there are no shortcuts to getting SH5 Modded to Latest WOS you need patience and methodical step by step approach but its not too difficult

JGSME is a tiny app around 1mb which Activates/Disables your chosen mods there is a video guide here :

If for whatever reason you cannot find the JGSME.exe there is also a link for the Download

There is a huge mass of help and guides on Subsim, almost too much ! and navigating around for the first time can be a little frustrating . Dedicate a bit of your time doing a little research it will save time in the long run

That's my advice for what its worth hope it starts you off on the correct course