SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-14, 07:26 PM   #2971
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Examiner2 View Post
Alright I figured out my issue with the speed charts, even though I had expanded the list I didn't realize that there were others charts not visible while expanded. Just dumb luck that I happened to use the scroll wheel and find the other charts.

The tutorial I tried was the fast 90 attack, but since I'm using real navigation there aren't map updates for the tutorial. I was still able to achieve the hits because of my experience with SH3 GWX.

Would any of the other tutorials have a conflict with the mega mod setup, since I'm just getting into SH5 for the first time?
No idea , maybe someone can have a look at them . I know that's a lame answer but I don't use them .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 07:53 PM   #2972
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Please download the latest MEP because I ballsed up the previous one . had a ctd when ordering periscope depth due to having wrong MCCD mod .
Old 01-11-14, 07:54 PM   #2973
DaceDave
Watch

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Almost there... almost there! I can smell the diesel fuel. (I've solved all my issues!!!! ... I think... lol)
But alas... one question if I may be so bold... as I do trust your list Sober...
Q: is Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 3... left out of your list for a reason?
a Y or N would be more than acceptable. (and about as much info as my blurry eyes and mushy brain can handle at the moment)
Thank you... and good work!
Old 01-11-14, 08:02 PM   #2974
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaceDave View Post
Almost there... almost there! I can smell the diesel fuel. (I've solved all my issues!!!! ... I think... lol)
But alas... one question if I may be so bold... as I do trust your list Sober...
Q: is Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 3... left out of your list for a reason?
a Y or N would be more than acceptable. (and about as much info as my blurry eyes and mushy brain can handle at the moment)
Thank you... and good work!
I didn't think I would use them . Just add them in yourself . Go to your MEP file and with notepad insert the Charts for NewUIs part 3 into the MEP list . Go to the mod enabler and click on Tasks/Load mod profile
Experience all the frustrations of a Uboat Captain , and that's only installing the game and mods .
Old 01-11-14, 08:11 PM   #2975
DaceDave
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I didn't think I would use them . Just add them in yourself . Go to your MEP file and with notepad insert the Charts for NewUIs part 3 into the MEP list . Go to the mod enabler and click on Tasks/Load mod profile
Experience all the frustrations of a Uboat Captain , and that's only installing the game and mods .
It's been a fun patrol so far, and I haven't even seen the boat. Well, I did complete the tutorial, got my green check and about to enable MODS.
Thank you and everyone for all the help. I've been itchin for a long time to get back on the water, especially with OH II and your list.

danke
Old 01-11-14, 08:39 PM   #2976
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1200 12012014
added
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
I forget to put it back in after mucking around with mods .
Old 01-11-14, 08:43 PM   #2977
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
It's been a fun patrol so far, and I haven't even seen the boat. Well, I did complete the tutorial, got my green check and about to enable MODS.
Thank you and everyone for all the help. I've been itchin for a long time to get back on the water, especially with OH II and your list.

danke
Here are some other mods you might be interested in adding to the bottom of your MEP file .
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Messervy_s_gramophone_pack1
Antilag http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2871
, it doesn't get enabled with the mod enabler . Extract it to your main SH5 folder and then change settings to
[config]
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=38
Old 01-11-14, 08:52 PM   #2978
DaceDave
Watch

Quote:
Here are some other mods you might be interested in adding to the bottom of your MEP file .
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Messervy_s_gramophone_pack1
Antilag http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2871
, it doesn't get enabled with the mod enabler . Extract it to your main SH5 folder and then change settings to
[config]
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=38
stop it... stop it... stop it... go watch a movie, go to bed, go get drunk... U makin me crazy! hahahaha

but thanks... I'm ready to ship out... and actually enjoy this sim for a bit. Will let you know if I'm sunk or everything I've fixed, loaded, re-fixed, re-loaded, etc, etc... works.
Old 01-11-14, 08:58 PM   #2979
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
stop it... stop it... stop it... go watch a movie, go to bed, go get drunk... U makin me crazy! hahahaha

but thanks... I'm ready to ship out... and actually enjoy this sim for a bit. Will let you know if I'm sunk or everything I've fixed, loaded, re-fixed, re-loaded, etc, etc... works.
Go to bed LOL , its midday .
Old 01-11-14, 09:11 PM   #2980
DaceDave
Watch

Quote:

P.S.

Sober, I had a wife back in 1983 a lot like you... always with one more thing I needed to do. I've been happily on my own since 1985.
Old 01-11-14, 09:17 PM   #2981
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
P.S.

Sober, I had a wife back in 1983 a lot like you... always with one more thing I needed to do. I've been happily on my own since 1985.
are you sure she didn't move to Australia .
Old 01-12-14, 04:58 AM   #2982
DaceDave
Watch

Quote:
I'm sure! She's just a thousand miles south of me and even if she were in Australia, it wouldn't be far enough... so now I have both of you... LOL

So here is a quick review of OH II and Sober's MOD list.

Jaw dropping beautiful! Soooo much more amazing than my old SH 5 MODS.

Had two CTD's... one when I swung the view around wildly and one when I tried to use the UZO. I was still in the bay, heading out to sea both times. I have not tried to use the UZO since and I'm much calmer while trying to see all there is to see.

I read that there was an issue with the UZO at some point, but thought I also read it was fixed.

I've just been given the go-head to start sinking Polish shipping and I'm on the hunt... well, tomorrow I'll be on the hunt.

And since you love additional suggestions... just for immersion sake... since it can take up to a half hour for the Navigator to take a fix... how about someone who knows their way around the animation files... put together a little animation of the navigator and maybe a swaby at his side, who appear up on the cigarette deck with a sextant... maybe he looks at the sextant, talks to the swaby who has the celestial charts, takes a fix, confers with the swaby for a while before disappearing down the hatch (or just disappearing) to calculate the boat's position. The script would be triggered by the 'take a fix' command or the real nav auto programmed fixes. Just a thought... for somebody who just can't stop creating new MODS.

Thanks everybody for a fun day... all 17 hours of it in front of this computer.
Old 01-12-14, 06:15 AM   #2983
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Shouldn't get ctds . What computer specs ?
There are a lot of animations that are not used .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 01-12-14 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-12-14, 05:08 PM   #2984
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Any feedback on sobers mega mod list dead is dead SH5
Good, bad , problems , love it , hate it , makes me play diffrently etc .
What is this anyway?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 06:55 PM   #2985
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
P.S.

Quote:

Do you happen to live with someone of the kind depicted by Dave, sober?

Quote:
just for immersion sake... since it can take up to a half hour for the Navigator to take a fix... how about someone who knows their way around the animation files... put together a little animation of the navigator and maybe a swaby at his side, who appear up on the cigarette deck with a sextant... maybe he looks at the sextant, talks to the swaby who has the celestial charts, takes a fix, confers with the swaby for a while before disappearing down the hatch (or just disappearing) to calculate the boat's position. The script would be triggered by the 'take a fix' command or the real nav auto programmed fixes. Just a thought... for somebody who just can't stop creating new MODS.
It would be nice, indeed. Unfortunately only a few modders were able to make the best of yet existing animations. Creating new animations is out of our reach currently, but I know privateer was looking into them until recently...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote