SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-17, 07:11 PM   #26
mikey117us
Engineer

Downloads: 162
Uploads: 0

Realism and ASW and SHIII have been neglected the Vanilla Depth Charges a Disaster. Thanks to The_Frog and His Series of Ships we have some help in that arena with his Throwers and Depth Charges. The RN/RCN Mark IV DCT ( depth charge throwers ) Had Expendable Arbor Stands. RN/RCN Mark V DCT were improved ( known as DC_thrower_2 in UK_Guns.dat ) based on the Lend Lease USN K-Guns Design the Arbor and Stand Extend at Launch and Automatically Retract to the Load/Fire Position Both Operated like a potato gun. the lifting charge being War Alcohol ( Not for Sailors Use ) .
Example in game of The_Frogs ( Modified by me ) Mark IV DCT ( Known as DC_thrower_1 in UK_Guns.dat ) Throwing its stand and a Mark VII Depth Charge, as modified with the arbor/stand from the model and a cylinder attached, textured in dark colors to identify as Mark VII for DCT ( Mark VII Heavy Forbidden from use on DCT Mark IV ): ( a Mod within a Mod of My to be released in 2017, New Platinum Edition Flower Class Corvette "The Cruel Sea" Mod.

Here is a RN/RCN Mark II ( Tall ) DC Track/Rail Late Variant For Flower Class Corvettes , His Majesty's Trawlers, etc. ( 3 Versions made 1:without internal store, no smoke emission eqp. External Loads on Deck Rails. 2: with smoke emission eqp. 3: as pictured double rowed with internal stores, and smoke eqp.
All versions have DC Mark VIIs with Expendable Arbor Stand on RN/RCN Chocks.

In closing I Like this thread as ASW often ruins a U-Boats Day! I'm Working on an all new Hedgehog and Rounds for this Mod. Also Planned a Foxer Decoy Allied Counter Measures to Type IV and V Acoustic Homing Torpedoes.
mikey117us is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asw, depth charge, mod, real, realismn