SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-16, 09:24 PM   #1
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Refresh my memory please

Hi guys
After being away from SH3 & 4 for a number of years I'm wanting to reinstall the game and play it again. I'm trying to get up to speed with mods for SH4 (incl the U-Boat addon) so I'd be grateful if a kind soul or three could set me straight.

When I quit playing, there were 2 "mega-mods" that I can recall - TMO & RFB. Essentially these overhauled the game adding elements that the mod authors thought the game should have, and tweaked other aspects. These were mutually exclusive - you went with one or the other but you couldn't run both in the same install. Browsing this forum leads me to believe there are 2 other mods - GFO (which as I understand it just fixes obvious issues but pretty much leaves the game "vanilla"), and Fall of the Rising Sun (FOTRS), which was just a murmur when I left SH4.

Could someone please explain what FOTRS's modding philosophy is?

Then there was RSRDC which didn't overhaul the entire game but tweaked the campaign with the benefit of historical knowledge. There are separate versions for the various "mega-mods".

Are my statements above correct? Have I missed anything else? I know I sound like a total noob but for all intents and purposes I am - I've forgotten a lot about this sim.

Thanks.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote