SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-13-11, 02:38 AM   #91
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216
Uploads: 0

Had a blast once again thanks for the invite. Can we get three cheers for Commish Niki!
The Nighthawks will be back!! Missing out on the play-off hurt and but we knew the season was lost long ago. We will be taking a long hard look at are selfs in the off season and will return ready to kick ass next season.
Me myself will be taking a 6 month all inclusive sunshine break in Afghanistan from January, hopefully it will give me time plot next years draft.
Old 12-13-11, 09:40 AM   #92
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

My face when seeing the Ghost Monkeys in the playoffs:

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 09:43 AM   #93
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I had a good time even with my mediocre start that...well...continued into the season. Trading players like Pokemon cards. I thought I had a shot with the last game. It was not to be.
Old 12-13-11, 09:33 PM   #94
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

At least this next week I'll have Brees starting.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-11, 12:50 AM   #95
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
EVERY GIVEN SUNDAY PUT THE LIGHTS OUT ON TAIPANS
...advance to the Torpedo Bowl.

Week Fifteen in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football, first week of the playoffs, and what a wild weekend it turned out to be. We'll have all the news on who did what, who turned out the lights on who, and just exactly who made it to the big game right after this important announcement brought to you by San Francisco's Pacific Gas and Electric.

NOMINATE SUBSIM FFL REPORTS FOR THIS YEARS "BEST OF SUBSIM".

Let's start at the back end of the week first, cause that's where we learned just how much a coach will do to get into the Championship game. As reported last week, I'm making this account from the second tier of Candlestick Park. I was making a play at one of the Goldrush girls and the last thing I said was "Honest sweetie, may God strike me down if I have dishonorable intentions."

And that's when the lights went out.

When the came back on the last thing I saw was Security wrestling Coach Pioneer out of the back of the score board. "I didn't do it," he was heard to cry, but it was common knowledge that his team, the #1 seed the Taipans were in trouble. Coach Mike of Every Given Sunday had sent Drew Brees (EGS) out and just lit up the scoreboard with 5 touchdowns. With barely a last gasp left Coach Pioneer snuk back into the game to disrupt the game for a second time. Vernon Davis (AT) knew what to do and caught a touchdown to bring the game closer, before eventually running out of light.

Taipns loose a thriller to Every Given Sunday 104-99, and the number 4 seed, who advance to the Torpedo Bowl Championship Game. The Taipans get to sought out third place.

But just who would Coach Mike and the team that barely squeaked into the playoffs, meet next week. The other key game was the powerhouse match between the Dragons and the Ghost Monkeys. The Dragons, early season favorites to scoop the pool started the week as the #2 seed, having lost a shocker in the last week of the playoffs. They were matched against Coach Mookie's new expansion team, the Ghost Monkeys. It wasn't much of a game as the Dragons atoned for the previous week and put up an outstanding 161 points, almost double the Monkeys woeful 84.

In the Consolation Series, the #5 seed the Wild Boston Terriers, had their league leading QB Aaron Rodgers (WBT) suffer a bruised ego as the Reapers, the lowly ranked #8 and in the playoffs after a tiebreaker, sought out to prove their position was less than justified. The Reapers had an beast running game with Reggie Bush for 203 yards, and on the boot of David Akers, eventually kicked free to down the Doggies 95 - 86.

The best game of the week was the #6 and #7 match up of the Guns of Hochuli and the Black Cats. Divisional rivals, having split their match up during the regular season, were now squabbling for the right to meet the Reapers for the league's lavender (#5) medal. This game had more change of leads than I have ever seen, coming down to the wire on the final play of the final Monday game. In the end, the Black Cats stall out, and the Gunner hang on to win 99-95.

So next weeks games look like this. The Subsim Torpedo Bowl wills see the Dragons hosting Every Given Sunday. The Dragons will be in their third consecutive Championship Game having won one and narrowly lost the other. They'll be matched up against Every Given Sunday, who finished fourth last year, and lost to the Dragons two years ago.

Are we looking at a Dragons Dynasty? Only next week will tell. And remember, Saturday games this week, not Sunday.

The bronze medal will be played off between the Taipans and the Ghost Monkeys. The Monkeys make the playoffs in their first year as an expansion team, the Taipans make their first appearance.

In the Consolation Series, and there is still some really good games being played down there, the Guns of Hochuli will be hosting the Reapers, in the third meeting of these two teams this year. The Wild Boston Terriers, with their loss, get one last shot when the Black Cats come to town. Dogs, Cats, has all the makings of a great game.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

For the effort of 3 sacks, 3 interceptions 1 fumble recovery and only allowing 3 points to be scored against them, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present the 49ers Defense of the Guns of Hochuli with the Week Fifteen MVT.

Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-11, 01:19 AM   #96
Gut Wrench
Chief

DRAGONS BREE(Z)E BY EGS.
Three thrillers to finish out the year.

Week Sixteen in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football.

If you thought the Dragons had it won by Saturday night, you missed being carried off on a Bree(z)e.

If you thought the Wild Boston Terriers couldn't come from 60 points down, you don't know your own tail.

And if you thought FF and Vista couldn't destroy my report not once, not twice but three times in one night, you don't know Explorer.

But we'll get to those games after this very important message.

Let me straight up and say I have not been late without prior notification, and tonight's report took it toll. After Firefox and Vista crashed for the third time, I had an first incomplete pass of 15 yards to my receiver, Brick Wall, long after time had elapsed. This report comes to you from my back up Explorer.

Let's start with the biggest game of the year, the Torpedo Bowl.

The Dragons were setting out to establish themselves as a Dynasty. After last weeks report a minor correction is needed, as the Dragons are 2-1 in the Championship Game in the last four years. Their opponents were the fast finishing Every Given Sunday, who last week knocked the #1 seed out of the Championship game. Coach Rick and the Dragons started quickly Thursday and by Saturday night, there were rumors that the champagne was already flowing.

But a Bree(z) blew in and changed all that.

Eclipsing the long standing Dead Fish Marino's record of most beers passed, Drew Brees (EGS) set about chasing down the Dragons from 30 points back. Coach Rick needed his Dragons receivers of Roddy White (D) and Tony Gonzales (D) to catch anything just to keep in front. Every Given Sunday stormed through and chased down the Dragons in one of the highest combined scoring games of the year. Eventually, the Brees fell short, and the Dragons advance to their third championship 153 - 134 over Every Given Sunday.

The bronze medal game was scheduled between the Australian Taipans and the Ghost Monkeys. Coach Mookie had abandoned last years 1 point loss team and backdoored his way into the Championship Series. The Taipans, in their first play off appearance, choked like a Charger in the week prior. They weren't the flashiest team in the league but they went back to their 100 point consistency that got them the number 1 seed. The Monkeys failed to keep pace, fell behind and eventually loss 67 - 105.

The most interesting game of the weekend was the match between the Wild Boston Terriers and the Black Cats. Coach McBee didn't even show up to the grounds until Sunday, by which time the Cats had already put 70 points on the board. McBee and the Doggies systematically ran the Cats down from 64 points using only the Sunday night and Monday games. The game came down to the wire and the Wild Boston Terriers eventually put the bite on the Black Cats to win 111 - 83.

Divisional rivals the Guns of Hochuli and the Reapers meet for the third time this year in the 5th place game. The Gunners had started the season as red hot favorites before collapsing in the last few weeks. The Reapers had barely made the play offs on a count back, but after defeating the fifth seed the week prior, wanted to prove they were a real play off team. The match teetered back and forth before the Black cats eventually ran out winners 96 - 88.

So the Dragons get their third Torpedo Bowl in one of the best games all year, and the most intriguing scoreline in the last few years. Every Given Sunday, after storming through the last few weeks of the regular season, run out of steam in the final game to take the #2 seed. And the Australian Taipans in their first playoff appearance get to declare a bronze medal at customs when they return home. Next week, we'll have details of the Subsim League superstar team, with a special naming.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

For the effort of 373 yards, 3 touchdowns and 5 rushing yards, for a score of 29.21 points, but more importabtly, 14 points above prediction and enough to help lift the team to their third Bowl win, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present Matthew Stafford of the Dragons with the Week Sixteen MVT.

Old 12-27-11, 09:37 AM   #97
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Fantastic writeups, fun games, and an enjoyable season - thanks to ALL of ya for it. Congrats to the Dragons!

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-11, 10:12 AM   #98
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Congrats Rick.
Old 12-27-11, 01:08 PM   #99
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Congratulations, Rick. Your team was a real steamroller, as usual.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 12-27-11, 02:35 PM   #100
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

Thanks Guys. I am a lucky S.O.B. sometimes.

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-11, 02:44 PM   #101
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

I think this is the best team I've had, except for my running game. That was a total train wreck.
Old 12-27-11, 04:18 PM   #102
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
I think this is the best team I've had, except for my running game. That was a total train wreck.
I was surprised you were never able to work out a trade --getting a good RB for Cam Newton.

It was sad week after week seeing Cam's points sit on your bench. If those points had been in play--WOW!

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-11, 09:00 AM   #103
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216

Top team yet again Rick.
Old 01-02-12, 12:42 PM   #104
Gut Wrench
Chief

ALL SUBSIM TEAM NAMED.
Honoring The Best Team.

At this time of year, with the Fantasy Season over and the headaches starting to set it, it comes down to naming the all star team. In previous years, the voting has already started for the Best Of Subsim, but this year, we have time for one more important message.

The Torpedo Bowl winners, the Dragons, and the third place team the Australian Taipans, were the #1 and #2 all year...until Coach Mike and Every Given Sunday forced themselves into the playoffs. But these three teams don't own the All Star team, with a starting running back and wide receiver coming from teams that didn't make the play offs. Talent was everywhere this year, from the league leaders to first pick of next years draft.

So without further ado, let me present to you, the all star team, named in honor of the team that removed the world's most dangerous man off the wanted list.

2011 US NAVY SEALS ALL STAR GUARDIANS.

QB: Drew Brees - Every Given Sunday
WR: Calvin Johnson - Dragons
Wes Walker - The Guns Of Hochuli
Steve Smith - The Delaware Destroyers
RB: Ray Rice - Black Cats
Arian Foster - Australian Taipans
TE: Rob Gronkowski - Wild Boston Terriers
K: Mason Crosby - BP Badasses
DEF: San Francisco - Guns of Hochuli

Bench:
Tom Brady - Nutcrunchers
Jordy Nelson - Every Given Sunday
Rody White - Dragons
Maurice Jones-Drew - Reapers
Darren Sproles - Australian Taipans
Antonio Gates - Helmand Nighthawks
Jason Hanson - Ghost Monkeys
Baltimore - Every Given Sunday

We'll see you back here in August when we go through the most frustrating 16 weeks of the year, in the race to next years, Subsim Torpedo Bowl
Old 01-02-12, 01:37 PM   #105
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

No LeSean McCoy? He was only the #2 RB in terms of points scored. Sproles over McCoy? Seriously? Boooooooo!!!

Last edited by mookiemookie; 01-02-12 at 02:12 PM.

Tags
fantasy football, subsim