SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-12, 01:47 AM   #19
stanger
Engineer

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

ConteBlecio, with your graphic card you should be able to run SH4 with absolutely maximum settings (in game) and all "fireworks" turned on in nvidia control panel (even with your CPU being a bottleneck to that GPU). That means 16x AF (it makes the game look sharper and helps reducing aliasing), but 4xAA (if you want to retain sun halo) and ambient occlusion set to very high in inspector. Take a look few posts above for good inspector settings (AO and AA compatibility bits being quite important).
Try to turn off triple buffering - I know from my own experience it gives a lot of stutter. I also learnt that SH4 is, for some reason, very sensitive to vsync settings, so dont touch any of it, just turn it on (or off) in game, not in inspector (pointless).
There is also new setting in inspector (with 300 series drivers) that allows you to limit your fps to a value you want, I use 73 with 75Hz desktop refresh rate - help to reduce stuttering and mouse lag a little bit.
And, as usual, keep your system clean, defragmented, watch for overheating and dont run any unnecessary programs in background when playing.
stanger is offline   Reply With Quote