SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-08, 11:37 AM   #1
greyrider
Watch Officer

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 0
Default [REL]Combat Information Center hud stock 1.5

Combat Information Center hud stock 1.5

this mod turns the F1 key from the help files to the combat information center.
The Combat Information Center, is briefly. an agency for the collection, evaluation,
and distribution of combat information, and for facilitating the use of that information.
It provides a marked clarification and simplification of work for the command.
this is just what this mod does, it puts all the CI that i use into an agency,( the F1 key ),
where the captain who installs the mod will have acess to combat information at the tactical level.

the cic hud mod comes in three different versions.
pick your poison and install by jgme.
http://hosted.filefront.com/greyrider/

transparent version;

lets you observe and evaluate the CI displayed while still observing the tactical situation.
1 transparent:

Shot at 2008-06-21
2 transparent:

Shot at 2008-06-21
3 transparent:

Shot at 2008-06-21

green tint transparent version;
lets you observe and evaluate the CI displayed while still observing the tactical situation.
1 green:

Shot at 2008-06-21

2 green:

Shot at 2008-06-21

original white paper version:

1 white:

Shot at 2008-06-21

this mod was peculiar from the start, so i will talk about its limitations first,

limitations of the cic mod;

made for advanced players using manual tdc.
cannot be used with any mod that changes the magnifications of the stock attack scope and tbt.

in order for the cic hud to display properly, in the game options graphics setting, the game resolution
must be set at 1360*1024@60hz. this was the setting i was using when i composed the mod, and any lower resolution
will not display right.( colums and rows out of alignment). higher resolutions i think might be allright.

the combat information can only be viewed on two screens, the map screen always, and on the bridge during daytime.
all other screens make it very difficult to read the text, because of thier dark backgrounds, the text is in black. the rangefinder can be used
in the attack scope or tbt day or night.
scrolling;
every chapter of the cic mod can be scrolled, as thier is more information than what is displayed when opening a chapter.
in order to scroll, you need to use the mouse wheel to scroll the chapters in the transparent and green tint versions, the original white paper
version still can be scrolled by the use of the scroll caret on the right.

when i bleached out the white of the paper, i was left with transparent paper, but that exposed about 5 other images behind the white color.
there was a 3/4"x3/4" grey square, a yellow scroll bar with arrows,lines, and caret, a smaller black and red scroll bar line arrrows caret,either
one of them worked.
in order to have a completely transparent paper, i had to make these images go away, i made the grey box and yellow scroll go away with np, but
whatever i did to the smaller black and red scroll , the same happened to the big scroll on the white paper, so in order to make the smaller black and red
scroll leave, i had to give up keeping the larger scroll bar thats normally used to scroll the chapters. those groups of code are dead code, i should have deleted
it, but that would involve renumbering the menu_ini, so forget that, i just wanted to finish this mod, as its taken months to do.
im sure you all know that the original white paper f1 help files could be grabbed by the mouse and placed anywhere on any screen, it still happens with
the cic mod, only you might not see where to grab it anymore in the transparent version, the curser still turns into a cross for grabbing when in the areas that can be grabbed and pulled.
this is why i made a greentint version, it lets you see the paper, and view the tactical situation around you, as if you were wearing green tint sun glasses,
the tint makes it easier to see the paper, and the areas to grab if you need to move the paper.

so thats about it on the limitations of the mod, if anything above is np for you, and you want to use the mod, than i will briefly explain some of the chapters contents, and some uses
for the CI displayed.
chapters 1 to 6: periscope ranging
chapters one threw seven are ranging information for all japanese warships and merchants in the game, based on the formula : Range = mast height/sine (angle). the angles are the small tic marks
on the vertical aiming wire of the periscope, starting from the horizon line, or the horizontal aiming wire of the scope. this charts give you the range of a target without using the tdc.
example:
yamoto battleship height fills two tics from the horizontal line, looking threw the A-scope on low power, (1x) range is 1363 yards.
speed can be found from these charts also.
same example, yamoto height fills two tics, in moments later, the height fills three tics: Range is 908 yards.
1363 - 908 = 455 yards, a known distance, all you need to do now is time the target (time how long the target took to fill three tics from two),
speed = distance/time.

chapter 7: us torpedo attack bearings
this chart is based on an 90 target approach to the submarine. those you know the point and shoot method to torpedo shooting described in the "point and shoot thread"
use this chart. the target steams along at a 90 AOB course R to submarine, at a certain bearing, the torpedo must be fired for certain target speeds
to achieve an impact with the torpedo that does not have an angle, and goes straight out. all us torpedoes, fired from both bow and stern tubes, all speeds are in the chapter.
example:
target steaming from port side crossing bow at 90 aob r to sub, making 6 knots, the torpedo must be fired when target is on bearing 351, in order to collide
with the target at 90 aob.
chapters 8 and 9:
these chapters contain a limited amount of rpm speeds for warships and merchants, somehow with sh4, they took a step backwards to sh2, instead of moving forward, many speeds of the ships are
using the same rpm's, and so i timed the length of the ships in the scope, to destinguish speeds, since you cant sometimes because the rpm may be the same.
example:
hel (huge european liner) doing 47 rpm, timed at dead stop, crossing vertical aiming wire the whole length of the ship, 28 seconds, speed is 12 knots
hel (huge european liner) doing 41 rpm, timed at dead stop, crossing vertical aiming wire the whole length of the ship, 42 seconds, speed is 08 knots

chapter 10 torpedo offset angles:
this chapter is not my work, was done by someone from the old sh1 days, credit belongs to him, but i dont remember his name.
what this chapter will do is give you the information you need to fire a torpedo with an offset angle to the torpedo, at different ranges.
the longer the range, the more the offset.
example:
torpedo fired with 0 degree aob 500 yds, torpedo will go straight out to 500 yds without turning.
tordeo fired with 1 degree offset to port, 500 yds, torpedo will hit 13 yds to the left of where it would have at 0 degree offset.
tordeo fired with 2 degree offset to port, 500 yds, torpedo will hit 52 yds to the left of where it would have at 0 degree offset.

chapter 11 mininum passing distances:

this is another chart thats not my work, but was composed by a subsim member for sh3, dont remember his name either, but credit belongs to him.
this chart shows how a closing observed target with an aob at a certain rangethe distance it will pass from the submarine, if the sub stayed at a dead stop,
and so , it shows how much distance you may have to travel to get within torpedo range. formula for this is: sine (aob) x range = mpd
mpd in yds.

chapter 12 night rangefinder:
this is a rangefinder i made for night ranging, can also be used during the day, just scroll to tthe rangefinder until you see the rf for the ship being
observed, line up the HL to the horizon line of the scope, and your good to range targets.

chapter 13 is blank, nothing there, but if i was good enough, i would put transparent map overlays here, like the 3000 yd bearing tool mod, or overlays for max ranges of hydrophones, radar max ranges,
a large navigation compass overlay, things like this.

chapter 14: moon phases 1941 to 1945
dates and times of moon phases in the war years.

chapter 15: moon nautical almanac, rise and set times for the moon, during the war year 1941 to 1945
chapter 16: sun nautical almanac, rise and set times for the sun, during the war year 1941 to 1945
with these two chapters, you are able to plan attacks using astrononical data.
i hope these explanations of the chapters will be enough so that if you are going to use this mod, you can understand the data displayed, i doubt if
ill be back to answer any questions
good luck y'all
greyrider
Her gun crew had guts, however, for from her canting bow came a half dozen well-aimed rounds. How they pointed and trained their gun on that tilting platform will long remain a wonder, and their dedication in keeping up the fire until they went under would be a matter of pride to any nation.

O'Kane, Richard. Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang
greyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 11:43 AM   #2
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Very nice mod
Old 08-11-08, 11:00 PM   #3
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Don't know how I missed this. It looks cool. Going to try it, hoping it work with PE 3.3/RFB/RSRD.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 11:17 PM   #4
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip
Don't know how I missed this. It looks cool. Going to try it, hoping it work with PE 3.3/RFB/RSRD.
Never seen this either but defenatly interested.
Orion2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 12:10 AM   #5
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Very neat. As I can only use max 1280x768 Resolution to get some reasonable FPS, I'll have to forego this one. Pity

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 03:11 PM   #6
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Very neat. As I can only use max 1280x768 Resolution to get some reasonable FPS, I'll have to forego this one. Pity
Same here.

Any chance of a lower resolution version coming soon? Maybe 1024x768?
Old 08-12-08, 03:15 PM   #7
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice work

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 03:28 PM   #8
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4

Excellent

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:23 AM   #9
Sam.Willow
A Steam Engine Engineer

Downloads: 84
Default Where is it?

No longer available at the link you provided above.
Why can't I DL directly from subsim downloads?
Sam.Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 11:52 AM   #10
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

You'd better watch-out! You'll have Aktungbby coming back at you with the "Ghost of Dead Posts Past", or maybe even you'll inspire Sailor Steve to post about a long-dead thread...

In the meantime, in the Downloads section here is:
greyrider's "Combat_Information_Center" link...

Possibly also of interest to you would be TorpX's Algebraic Firing Solution, which ties in with his Tracking Party download. Have fun! btw, all things "filefront" are long-gone...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote