SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-18, 04:35 PM   #6136
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I just now noticed your given Rank - funny coincidence - back in the day when I was doing COBOL programming (a L-o-n-g time ago) my nickname around the shop was "SOC-7", the standard code IBM used for a Bad Data Abend. Sigh.
Ahhh yesh, the ole "Abnormal End"... I used to be good at those in 'C' - pre-Windows, of course... AS400 wouldn't do that though... it either runs forever, or finds bad data sets...

btw, thanks for the test.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 08:48 AM   #6137
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Thimme View Post
Do You mean something like this below?

It is Hatsuharu-class destroyer from my private mod pack for SH3, which was converted from FOTRS. Then I rebuilt the unit to be looking as it was in 1941-1945.

It is easy to convert this unit back to SH4 but I need permission of FORTS Team to do it due to many changes made in comparison with the basic model.

Hello Stefan Thimme,

Sorry for the delays in getting back you. We would gladly except your offer of converting this unit back into SH4, for use in FotRSU.
Old 06-10-18, 09:14 AM   #6138
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

HI
doing casually cleaning with CCleaner I saw this (all files of silent hunter4):

some idea ? (all canadian roster)
Obviously I did not delete any of these files

Last edited by hauangua; 06-10-18 at 09:49 AM.
hauangua is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 06:48 PM   #6139
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58

I'm loving this mod so far: Excellent job! Single bug I've noticed: I key takes you to damage control, not torpedo inventory page. Everything else seems to be mapped correctly and the only other thing that was bothering me went away when I unchecked Environmental Effects. I'll let you know what else I run into with USS Whale.

Torpedobait: The numbers you're looking for are in Data\Submarine\NSS_whichever\NSS_whichever.upc. It's right near the top: in the first paragraph you'll see lines for MaxPettyOfficers= and MaxOfficers=. I changed those to 59 and 21 for the Gato. I recommend copying the UPC files into another mod folder, changing them there, then activating that over top of FOTRSU but that's just my not wanting to muck about in the original.

Cheers!
SilentPrey
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 09:06 AM   #6140
vmialpha454
Seaman

Downloads: 18

Has anyone else encountered strange sub damage behavior? I’m not really sure what happened on my last patrol. I was in a Gato evading depth charges. Took a little damage to the aft torpedo room bulkhead and tubes, and damage control set about repairing them. Took a on small amount of water. Deepest I went was 400ft. Started taking hull damage and came up to around 150ft and hull damage just continued slowly without any help from the Japanese until I just sank. Any idea what happened?
vmialpha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 09:09 AM   #6141
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPrey View Post
Torpedobait: The numbers you're looking for are in Data\Submarine\NSS_whichever\NSS_whichever.upc. It's right near the top: in the first paragraph you'll see lines for MaxPettyOfficers= and MaxOfficers=. I changed those to 59 and 21 for the Gato. I recommend copying the UPC files into another mod folder, changing them there, then activating that over top of FOTRSU but that's just my not wanting to muck about in the original.

Cheers!
SilentPrey
Thanks, Captain! I'll try that before my next patrol. Just got my conning tower cut-away refit in Brisbane and want to exercise that first before making any changes to the crew makeup.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 09:12 AM   #6142
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmialpha454 View Post
Has anyone else encountered strange sub damage behavior? I’m not really sure what happened on my last patrol. I was in a Gato evading depth charges. Took a little damage to the aft torpedo room bulkhead and tubes, and damage control set about repairing them. Took a on small amount of water. Deepest I went was 400ft. Started taking hull damage and came up to around 150ft and hull damage just continued slowly without any help from the Japanese until I just sank. Any idea what happened?
Did you check the percentage of hull damage after the attack before diving to 400 feet? If it was already bad, diving only made it worse, and probably took it to a level where even 150 feet was too much. RIP.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 09:25 AM   #6143
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
HI
doing casually cleaning with CCleaner I saw this (all files of silent hunter4):

some idea ? (all canadian roster)
Obviously I did not delete any of these files
Solved.. PC .problem...Need reinstal S.O
Uffffff
Old 06-12-18, 10:07 AM   #6144
vmialpha454
Seaman

I had zero hull damage before diving to 400. There was a damaged bulkhead being repaired but the % of hull damage was zero. It pretty much went slowly in increments of 2% until the sub sunk.
Old 06-12-18, 10:59 AM   #6145
propbeanie

vmialpha454: Which boat were you in? Nevermind... Gato. What date was it? You been depth-charged, but showed no hull damage, yet you had bulkhead damage and leaks? The hull damage then comes from going beyond what the boat's "safe" depth is with leaks. In fact, you may not have even been able to get to 300 foot without incurring hull damage... Were you at Battle Stations?

hauangua: was that CCCleaner report after enabling FotRSU, or after de-activating it in JSGME?... I'm sorry you have to re-do the OS... I'm thinking of building me another slip-streamed DVD for my next Win7 install... but I can't decide... I do NOT want to re-install...

Old 06-12-18, 02:04 PM   #6146
vmialpha454
Seaman

Date was January 1943. Patrolling in the vicinity of the the Marshall Islands. Yes, I was at battle stations. Damage control team was staffed and activated. Took minor damage astern from depth charges. Logic says damaged bulkhead and taking on water would mean some hull damage but none showed, so I was changing depth to keep evading. Wasnt sure what the crush depth was for my boat but know that Gato and Balao class boats were often taken deeper than their recommended depths so I just experimented to see where I was able to safely operate. It ended up that the damage began with 2% increments and continued at roughly that rate until destruction. I remained submerged but continually reduced depth trying to find a sustainable depth (surfacing would mean certain destruction with two destroyers nearby). I don’t know if it was a bug or just my misjudgment. I just figured I would ask about the unrelenting hull damage because I havent encountered it before.
Old 06-12-18, 03:57 PM   #6147
propbeanie

We'll look into it vmialpha454

Old 06-12-18, 09:45 PM   #6148
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
hauangua: was that CCCleaner report after enabling FotRSU, or after de-activating it in JSGME?... I'm sorry you have to re-do the OS... I'm thinking of building me another slip-streamed DVD for my next Win7 install... but I can't decide... I do NOT want to re-install...
Hi propbeanie
It was not a problem of Fotrsu .. I think a virus entered the PC with another downloaded program (an old PC game downloaded from the internet)
Old 06-13-18, 08:15 AM   #6149
propbeanie

Ah-Ha! Thanks for the info hauangua. We always worry when it appears that files have disappeared because of the mod... Sorry you are having to deal with that issue... Best of luck with it! Watch the boot sector of your hard drive! You might have to re-partition and re-format to "kill" it completely... Just be careful where you visit next time!

Old 06-14-18, 05:36 AM   #6150
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPrey View Post
I'm loving this mod so far: Excellent job! Single bug I've noticed: I key takes you to damage control, not torpedo inventory page. Everything else seems to be mapped correctly and the only other thing that was bothering me went away when I unchecked Environmental Effects. I'll let you know what else I run into with USS Whale.

Cheers!
SilentPrey
Our next release version will correct the keyboard "I" keystroke...….it will take you to the Torpedo Management screen now.

Plus, the enlisted men will have greater capacity in numbers for advancement.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote