SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-16, 08:55 AM   #436
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
This is no foolish big corporation where "gotcha" is king and avoiding mistakes is more important than getting the job done
Never a truer word said mate

I will carry on posting pics
Very good point - as I post things they may help somebody else with the same problem in the future
As you have said - this is a Development thread
Good point well made RR

I have given myself a goal
I will make sure I do at least 1 ship a day. If I try and do more I seem to burn out and lose interest
That gives me about 20 days to get this done - which I reckon will still keep me ahead of the curve.
Plus I believe there are a whole load of new ships coming my way from FOTRS 2.0?

Feel free to send them to me when you are ready

I will keep posting screenshots because - hey - who doesn't like screenshots?

Many thanks for your words of encouragement Fellas

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 10:23 AM   #437
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Right one last ship for today - and she is a beauty

An old fleet tanker - I would love to get this beauty in my sights

EDIT
Forgot the green dazzle!

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate

Last edited by max-peck; 07-03-16 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-02-16, 09:31 PM   #438
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

You guys are moving way faster than me. You're leaving me in the dust... or would that be "mud puddle" - and a salty one at that? Looks good.

As for the sound, I've tried a few more things today, but like Edison, I'd have to say that I've found a few more ways NOT to do sound... No satisfaction yet.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:12 AM   #439
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
EDIT

In retrospect no - I should not be worried about this
I'll figure it out

I have a feeling I am oversharing and spamming this thread
You're joking... right? I mean... come on! Just take a look at those ships!
That auxiliary cruiser is so beautiful that I don't know if I'll torpedo her or follow her in periscope depth just to admire her as she's rolling the waves!

You just keep in mind though that the ships from v2.0 have much extra work on them, as Maddy and the AOTD team reworked A LOT their textures to get their wonderful reflections on water. I've had many problems with them showing correctly before importing several other files from v2.0. They look great now.

Cheers, Billy.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 07:16 AM   #440
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You guys are moving way faster than me.
Not at all
Still a lot of work to do, there is plenty of time
Don't stress yourself about it
Remember - this is a hobby - not a job

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-03-16, 07:17 AM   #441
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
You're joking... right? I mean... come on! Just take a look at those ships!
Yeah - you are right
I was a little bit drunk yesterday
I can get a bit needy when I am drunk

Thanks for the compliment

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-03-16, 07:46 AM   #442
XTBilly
Officer

Quote:
You guys are moving way faster than me. You're leaving me in the dust... or would that be "mud puddle" - and a salty one at that? Looks good.

As for the sound, I've tried a few more things today, but like Edison, I'd have to say that I've found a few more ways NOT to do sound... No satisfaction yet.
Dear friend, I'm in the wonderful position to report that I've YET to encounter "the Sound" or similar sound problems. Seems you're doing a great job on this!
Old 07-03-16, 11:40 AM   #443
propbeanie

Well, if you don't apply "Creaks_And_Crash_Fix", you'll get "The Sound". I'm uploading a short (for me) vid to youtube, find it at

Using the "100...v0.4Alpha", I can get the sound, as in all the other FOTRS versions I have, as well as a lot of the other sound mods, by doing a crash dive and time compression. I don't have to go below test depth, no matter the given depth. Just the crash dive and time compression do it almost every time, and sometimes just the time compression. I have NOT figured that one out, although it is the same sound, in every iteration of "The Sound", crash dive or not, which is the bell ring at the end of that FOTRS "Crash Dive" audio file. But I cannot trace down the culprit in "The Wave Sound" (I'll call it), when after applying "Creaks_And_Crash_Fix", if you do crash dive and time compression, you can sometimes get an ocean front beach sound playing constantly, at all stations, including off the boat with the F11 free camera. The background sound does not change. If I do the "CapnScurvy" (my nickname for it, sorry Capn), and overwrite the four folders he mentioned earlier, everything is fine, other than you don't have those particular sounds, and the dive sequence audio is off, similarly to the Crash Dive sequence in the "plain" FOTRS versions.

The main thing in the video linked to above, is the graphics anomalies I've found. So far, only in this particular Single Mission, which is "Test of the Nagato" that I downloaded (from here??). I've not done much testing for graphics stuff though, paying attention mostly to the audio stuff.

Those ships sure do like nice. I haven't been paying attention to the sinking times lately, though...

Old 07-03-16, 01:03 PM   #444
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Just to add to the thoughts on "The Sound", I was in a sugar boat last night patrolling out of Surabaya and heard the "The Sound" when a ship was sighted. Only of short duration though. It didn't seem to happen when I sighted a sampan or fishing boat, just when something to shoot at came my way.

BTW, I didn't have radar in the sugar boat I was patrolling in, SD yes, SJ no.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-16, 02:17 PM   #445
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Just to add to the thoughts on "The Sound" ... I didn't have radar in the sugar boat I was patrolling in, SD yes, SJ no.
A clue, a CLUE!!!

just v0.4 Alpha (or point 3, etc.)?? No "fix" applied? I ask, 'cause I was able to get "The Wave Sound" after applying the fix, in a sugar boat with just SD, and as soon as "Contact..." was announced, there we went... Definitely more than one or two problems.

Old 07-03-16, 02:54 PM   #446
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
That auxiliary cruiser is so beautiful that I don't know if I'll torpedo her or follow her in periscope depth just to admire her as she's rolling the waves!
Hey Billy

Since you couldn't make up your mind, I decided to take the liberty.

Old 07-03-16, 02:55 PM   #447
XTBilly
Officer

Quote:
A clue, a CLUE!!!

just v0.4 Alpha (or point 3, etc.)?? No "fix" applied? I ask, 'cause I was able to get "The Wave Sound" after applying the fix, in a sugar boat with just SD, and as soon as "Contact..." was announced, there we went...

The "Wave Sound" should not trouble you. I've seen it in many mods. Even in stock, which has very low wave sounds, it increases sometimes. The sea sounds as a whole, have increased volume in FOTRS and in all the mods that change them.

These are minor game "faults" which many times pass unnoticed by the majority of players. "The Sound" is the immersion killer here. While some people report that is ceases to play sometimes, I must save and reload in order to get rid of it. Otherwise it NEVER stops...

As I said, I've yet to hear "The Sound" using your fixes. But I'm not playing "for real". I try something, exit the game, try again etc. But I've had these terrible sound problems doing exactly that, before your fixes. If this works, you can proudly add "The Sound Killer" to your signature.
Old 07-03-16, 03:17 PM   #448
XTBilly
Officer

Quote:
Hey Billy

Since you couldn't make up your mind, I decided to take the liberty.

You couldn't just let it pass, could you?
You just saved me from an awful decision making Commander!: D

Just look at these lines... She's a beauty isn't she? AOTD team created some of the most gorgeous ships I've seen in all SH series. Maddy was especially proud about his new US destroyer models, introduced in v2.0. No wonder why...

I couldn't help but notice in your superb screenshots that torpedo hit in the front. But she's sinking aft first... This will be fixed.

Regards,
Billy.

Last edited by XTBilly; 07-03-16 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Holy........ !!!!!!!!!! What's this thing in my avatar??
Old 07-03-16, 03:24 PM   #449
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
I couldn't help but notice in your superb screenshots that torpedo hit in the front. But she's sinking aft first... This will be fixed.
I bow to your technical expertise, Billy.

Madmax also did a lot of reworking of the Japanese DDs. I remember him posting pictures of the reworked DDS in his thread for FOTRS.

Old 07-03-16, 03:54 PM   #450
XTBilly
Officer

Quote:
I bow to your technical expertise, Billy.

Madmax also did a lot of reworking of the Japanese DDs. I remember him posting pictures of the reworked DDS in his thread for FOTRS.
They did a great job, no doubt at all about that.

Most of the ships in v2.0 have been heavily reworked to improve their reflections in the water, and not only. That could lead us to problems in porting them, since they need the v2.0 graphics enhancements to display and perform correctly. I've had terrible problems and many CTDs importing only the v2.0 ships that are missing to Ultimate.

After the (partial) graphics porting, everything (except the Museum) was working correctly, but ONLY after I copied and overwritten the v1.3 ships with the v2.0 ones.

[Spam mode on]
Holy............ !!!!!!!!! What's this thing in my avatar???? My daughters would be very ashamed to see their father in .... THIS !!!
[Spam mode off]

Billy.