SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-16, 04:48 PM   #1651
fenian
Loader

Downloads: 966
Uploads: 0

What is his email then.. I also cannot register! PM if needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Trying to register at the AOTD website now! http://aotd.de/dockyard/de/

That registration is beastly hard to find. Up periscope!

......or not. Registration might be broken over there. I press Anmelden, the "working" animation asterisk goes forever and I'm never registered!

\"Im Irish...which often gets confused for lonely and horny\"
fenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 04:38 AM   #1652
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Default Alive and kicking!

Hi there mates!

I'm all right, thanks for all the support. I really appreciate that.

I'm working my regular job, after finishing it, I go to the motorcycle customizing shop and work there until late at night. I return home, eat something, talk a little with my three girls and go to sleep. No time for anything.

This project is magnificent. This is by far, the best mod ever made for SH4.
I'm really proud of being in the team that makes such a masterpiece.

The ship sinking model will change the way we think and fight. This is MY masterpiece, a complete revision of how ships take damage and sink. I didn't try to imitate other people's work. I did it my way, and the results are more than I expected. But it takes tremendous time and testing, time that I don't have now.

If the situation I'm in now continues for long, I'll release it as it is now, with all my notes and observations of how this thing should be done. But I hope I'll be able to finish it myself, my own contribution to Subsim for offering me all this great stuff, all these years, and to all my FOTRS Ultimate mates.
This mod is the best. I'll try my best to make it even better.

That's a promise.

Be well mates,
Billy.
Old 09-02-16, 06:34 AM   #1653
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Good to hear you're doing OK, other than continually working... Take your time with your mod. It's a mod, and can come out later. There will be the core FotRS Ultimate release, and then yours can be added in later. If you do want help on it, you can put what you have up on the Google drive anytime, and one or all of us will chip in. Take care of yourself and your family first.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:45 AM   #1654
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post

Could someone please take the degree reading from Binoculars view on the Bridge and darken it so we can see. With so much fog being around in FOTRSU it's very hard to read.
The compass bearing on the binoculars should be positioned up on the top of the binocular rim......where the small vertical centering line at the center/top of the binoculars is seen.

I can look at the "menu_1024_768.ini" file for the binocular compass placement for interacting with the various resolutions a person may use........this is why you're seeing the compass bearing in the middle of your screen (it shouldn't be positioned there). But, the correction (if there is one) may not work on everyone's monitor. The game expects us to still be using the default 1024x768 resolution 4:3 aspect ratio that was standard in 2003.

Didn't you tell us you're using some 2000x1000 something resolution? No guarantee your resolution will be fixed. Going "whole hog" with your computer specs just because you can doesn't make the game play better......actually it can make it play worse.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:50 AM   #1655
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Pass the word to all crew. We've been spotted! Courtesy of Lead Duck at https://translate.google.com/transla...-sun/?6884464c
Wish I could make this larger. You can enlarge in in your browser to read the Google Translate text.

It's gratifying that Lead Duck didn't condemn our whole operation as one of piracy, not honoring the Aces of the Deep and AOTD_MadMax as we intend. It's unfortunate that his (and I presume others there) is of multiplayer use almost exclusively, since the situation here at Subsim is the opposite. Very few here are interested in multiplayer at all.

And he practically wet himself in glee at our addition of OTC elements and RazzleDazzle! Lots of comments over there about texture problems. I think it's safe to say that if they had our stuff they would have been happy to use it!

Lead Duck talks about the possibility of one of them coming here to greet us. I, for one, would be honored if they would!

So our top secret project is busted! We'll see if any other AOTD personnel come out of the woodwork after three years of inactivity over there and hopefully we will perk their interest. Exciting times!
I am a little confused, I have made a mistake or you upset it?
My intention was to win MadMax as a consultant and tutor for the project "FORTS ultimate".

He then reported even when MarineSims.de and FORTS officially released to the community for development and troubleshooting.
However, he would himself not invest more time in FORTS.

So there is no conflict between MadMax and the team of FORTS ultimate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich bin etwas verwirrt, habe ich einen Fehler gemacht oder Dich damit verärgert?
Meine Intention war, MadMax als Berater und Tutor für das Projekt "FORTS ultimate" zu gewinnen.

Er hat sich dann auch bei MarineSims.de gemeldet und FORTS offiziell für die Community zur Weiterentwicklung als auch Fehlerbehebung freigegeben.
Allerdings kann und möchte er selber keine Zeit mehr in FORTS investieren.

Es gibt also keinerlei Konflikte zwischen MadMax und dem Team von FORTS ultimate.
Old 09-02-16, 10:18 AM   #1656
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The compass bearing on the binoculars should be positioned up on the top of the binocular rim......where the small vertical centering line at the center/top of the binoculars is seen.

I can look at the "menu_1024_768.ini" file for the binocular compass placement for interacting with the various resolutions a person may use........this is why you're seeing the compass bearing in the middle of your screen (it shouldn't be positioned there). But, the correction (if there is one) may not work on everyone's monitor. The game expects us to still be using the default 1024x768 resolution 4:3 aspect ratio that was standard in 2003.

Didn't you tell us you're using some 2000x1000 something resolution? No guarantee your resolution will be fixed. Going "whole hog" with your computer specs just because you can doesn't make the game play better......actually it can make it play worse.
I understand that better does not always translate into best. Especially with a game that is almost 10 years old. I'll have to make do though as it is all I have.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 10:33 AM   #1657
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
My intention was to win MadMax as a consultant and tutor for the project "FORTS ultimate".

He then reported even when MarineSims.de and FORTS officially released to the community for development and troubleshooting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich bin etwas verwirrt, habe ich einen Fehler gemacht oder Dich damit verärgert?
Meine Intention war, MadMax als Berater und Tutor für das Projekt "FORTS ultimate" zu gewinnen.

Er hat sich dann auch bei MarineSims.de gemeldet und FORTS offiziell für die Community zur Weiterentwicklung als auch Fehlerbehebung freigegeben.

Es gibt also keinerlei Konflikte zwischen MadMax und dem Team von FORTS ultimate.
You have NOT made a mistake Bleiente, and no one is upset. On the contrary, we thank you for the attempt. Just to be clear though, you did manage some communication with Maddy, AOTD_MadMax, and he has expressed no desire to participate, but is fine with us working on it? I myself and others have attempted to reach him previously, but did not receive any replies. So you are the "Lead Duck" in that thread? I just noticed the "Ralle" signature at the end of the post...

Old 09-02-16, 10:34 AM   #1658
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post

Thank you Bleiente, didn't know you were Lead Duck! Well I hope Maddy is interested enough to load up our work and appreciate the fact that he's being put back into a place of prominence on this side of the Atlantic with FOTRS Ultimate.

I originally took on the project because I've always loved FOTRS and thought it was a shame that even its availability was endangered. And I think this beautiful mod never got the attention it deserves. I hope Maddy is happy his work not only survives but is getting a bit of a revival!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 10:44 AM   #1659
propbeanie

Now, talk about confusing... If I look at AOTD.DE in German, his user name is "Bleiente", as it is here; look at it in the Google Translate, it's "Lead Duck"...

Sorry for not having recognized you over there, and the fact that you reached out to them in early March of 2015 wondering about updating it...

A little side note for RR, I've only gotten 20 pages in thus far for "documentation" of this thread. Too many distractions. I might have to work on a computer that does NOT have SH4 installed on it...

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-02-16 at 10:51 AM. Reason: documentation
Old 09-02-16, 11:00 AM   #1660
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
Hi there mates!

I'm all right, thanks for all the support. I really appreciate that.

I'm working my regular job, after finishing it, I go to the motorcycle customizing shop and work there until late at night. I return home, eat something, talk a little with my three girls and go to sleep. No time for anything.

This project is magnificent. This is by far, the best mod ever made for SH4.
I'm really proud of being in the team that makes such a masterpiece.

The ship sinking model will change the way we think and fight. This is MY masterpiece, a complete revision of how ships take damage and sink. I didn't try to imitate other people's work. I did it my way, and the results are more than I expected. But it takes tremendous time and testing, time that I don't have now.

If the situation I'm in now continues for long, I'll release it as it is now, with all my notes and observations of how this thing should be done. But I hope I'll be able to finish it myself, my own contribution to Subsim for offering me all this great stuff, all these years, and to all my FOTRS Ultimate mates.
This mod is the best. I'll try my best to make it even better.

That's a promise.

Be well mates,
Billy.
Hey Buddy.

I could certainly help out with the testing if it will help lighten your load any. Just let me know what to look for. Myself and the rest of the guys are more than willing to help you if you need it.

Old 09-02-16, 11:12 AM   #1661
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Now, talk about confusing... If I look at AOTD.DE in German, his user name is "Bleiente", as it is here; look at it in the Google Translate, it's "Lead Duck"...
Yes ... that makes the Translater.
I use it yes also requires and have sometimes fear that I say unintentionally something indecent ... and the 3rd World War Subsim triggering (especially when I'm drunk then).

As already said, Maddy has officially his blessing for the development and revision of FORTS by the community.
Thus FORTS ultimate is a great project.
---------------------------------
The best greetings to XTBilly.
Old 09-02-16, 01:34 PM   #1662
propbeanie

The bad thing, is English is "backwards" compared to almost all the other languages of the world... I almost started a war before on a Spanish language site (I thought I knew enough about Spanish to post... I did not - high school can only take you so far), and I actually swore at a person, quite by accident, of course. I wish there would have been a Google Translate or similar back then... The replies and retorts went on for almost three pages...

Old 09-02-16, 05:32 PM   #1663
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

At Billy - please remember the following

Never run when you can walk.
Never walk when you can stand.
Never stand when you can sit.
Never sit when you can lay down.
Never lay down when you can sleep.

Take care of your family first -
we will enjoy your mod when it is ready and not before

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 06:07 PM   #1664
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
At Billy - please remember the following

Never run when you can walk.
Never walk when you can stand.
Never stand when you can sit.
Never sit when you can lay down.
Never lay down when you can sleep.

Take care of your family first -
we will enjoy your mod when it is ready and not before

Ummm.......I hope you guys aren't thinking I'm trying to hurry Billy along with his mod. That was the last thing on my mind. I thought I could ease the burden some if he needed it. I know he has a lot of other things on his mind at the moment, much more important.

Old 09-02-16, 06:52 PM   #1665
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Ummm.......I hope you guys aren't thinking I'm trying to hurry Billy along with his mod.
Absolutely not subron - that was not my intention

I happen to be watching the Pacific at the moment
The thing I have just quoted is part of The Pacific, Gives me chills every time I think of it

But it was absolutely not directed at you

And what I quoted just stuck in my head

It wasn't directed at anyone - and definitely not at you mate

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote