SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-16, 05:47 PM   #2011
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Just something I've found and it's not conclusive yet, but I think max's Razzle Dazzle might have been overwritten. This is the first ship I've seen in the daylight.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 05:52 PM   #2012
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Any timetable on the Betav0.25 version, boss?
Beta 0.25 is now up. 0.2 has vanished. There are no important differences between the two unless you run into a Russian convoy.

But because unnecessary files were eliminated, everyone please use 0.25 Beta now.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 05:55 PM   #2013
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Guy's I think you had an inadvertant oop's. The link for your super top secret download area is in this post, I Think.

Sorry Post #1949
OOOOO! An unauthorized advance copy out there somewhere? GREAT PUBLICITY!!!! If anyone has it, enjoy! Play it like you stole it.

If you can post your impressions we'd appreciate it. After we check it out, the next version goes public beta!

Any crewmember who wants to change their signature http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps3m2rigm4.jpg is the new 0.25 flag.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 09-19-16 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-19-16, 06:11 PM   #2014
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
OOOOO! An unauthorized advance copy out there somewhere? GREAT PUBLICITY!!!! If anyone has it, enjoy! Play it like you stole it.

If you can post your impressions we'd appreciate it. After we check it out, the next version goes public beta!
Well, if someone does have they won't get anymore copies, I've deleted the link. Being a Moderator does have some privileges.

Old 09-19-16, 06:24 PM   #2015
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Old versions deleted.
.25 is downloading now.
Old 09-19-16, 06:30 PM   #2016
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Just something I've found and it's not conclusive yet, but I think max's Razzle Dazzle might have been overwritten...
Is that maybe one of the "new" ships? Which one is it cdrsubron7? I'll put the last RazzleDazzle on top of my v.2beta for a quick test...

Quote:
Well, if someone does have they won't get anymore copies, I've deleted the link. Being a Moderator does have some privileges.
Don't forget about the post above it where it originally came from... page 130, #1948.

.25 on its way to me...

Edit: Well, maybe not... "The server encountered an error. Please try again later..." - surely we're not single-handedly bringing Google to its knees with this?...

2nd Edit: Ooops! Sorry Internet Explorer v11... didn't realize you couldn't do that. Opening web pages must be tough business... Opens just fine in Firefox...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-19-16 at 06:56 PM. Reason: 1. crash... 2. won't load
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 06:55 PM   #2017
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Is that maybe one of the "new" ships? Which one is it cdrsubron7? I'll put the last RazzleDazzle on top of my v.2beta for a quick test...

Don't forget about the post above it where it originally came from... page 130, #1948.

.25 on its way to me...

Working on it.

Old 09-19-16, 07:20 PM   #2018
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Default Gottcha!

Quote:
Working on it.
To late, I already saved the link to my favorites. And I am downloading the beta already. Oooh I feel so dirty right now! LOL!
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 07:53 PM   #2019
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

post .25 elsewhere. I've been dumped 3 times now.
I'll not attempt again.
Old 09-19-16, 07:58 PM   #2020
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I'll not attempt again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

.25 on its way to me...

Edit: Well, maybe not... "The server encountered an error. Please try again later..." - surely we're not single-handedly bringing Google to its knees with this?...

2nd Edit: Ooops! Sorry Internet Explorer v11... didn't realize you couldn't do that. Opening web pages must be tough business... Opens just fine in Firefox...
It looks like IE doesn't like the Google Drive site for some reason right now, if that's what you're using. I can get in there just fine in FireFox. Mott bee a range warr goin' on 'tween Mikersoft & Groogle... dunno. There was that big Windows "security" update again this weekend...

Edit: Hey, why is my FotRS UE logo pik smaller than RR's & cdrsubron7's?... I got shafted!

Edit 2: Then again Jeff-Groves, my first attempt on the dual-core is still downloading... been quite a while too... I wonder if it's still uploading from Rockin Robbins 'puter?

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-19-16 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Mine's smaller than yours...
Old 09-19-16, 08:36 PM   #2021
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Been down for a week with Frontier phone/DSL issues. So.....what's the latest version we should be using?

I had the compass positioned correctly for the binoculars, deck gun, and AA views, for the different resolutions with the older v1.0beta.

Was finishing the availability to have a Patrol Sea Plane to fly from the various Battleships/Heavy and Light Cruisers when encountering them during the game (anyone ever notice the planes sitting on deck?). The "Catapult" ship is just another ship to encounter if it doesn't have a plane to attack with.

I notice s7trikback has been changing/correcting the same issues I've encountered.... Is his work done with the Names.cfg and the various "Unit Type=" parameters? This is where the planes coming from a Battleship, or Heavy Cruiser will work. No sense in spinning wheels if there's a change to these files coming from someone else.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 09:38 PM   #2022
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Been down for a week with Frontier phone/DSL issues. So.....what's the latest version we should be using?

I had the compass positioned correctly for the binoculars, deck gun, and AA views, for the different resolutions with the older v1.0beta.

Was finishing the availability to have a Patrol Sea Plane to fly from the various Battleships/Heavy and Light Cruisers when encountering them during the game (anyone ever notice the planes sitting on deck?). The "Catapult" ship is just another ship to encounter if it doesn't have a plane to attack with.

I notice s7trikback has been changing/correcting the same issues I've encountered.... Is his work done with the Names.cfg and the various "Unit Type=" parameters? This is where the planes coming from a Battleship, or Heavy Cruiser will work. No sense in spinning wheels if there's a change to these files coming from someone else.
Latest version is 0.25 Beta. s7trikback will have to answer your questions about his work I'm not sure where he is at the moment.

Old 09-19-16, 09:52 PM   #2023
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I'll not attempt again.
I'll try Box in the morning. I've never had a problem downloading from Google Drive. I use Firefox and IEtab. I won't run IE under any circumstances. Don't even say the word Edge around me. I get cranky when Microsoft is mentioned....

Good to see you back among us Capn. Looks like comparing notes with Jeff-Groves and s7rikeback is in order. They're hot on the trail of our museum problems and other technical issues. Lots of issues with added ships.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 09-19-16 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-19-16, 11:09 PM   #2024
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
I'll try Box in the morning. I've never had a problem downloading from Google Drive ...
How much space do they give you on Google Drive, and how much have we eaten up?... I just noticed a lot of the Alpha models are still up there, at what 1+gig each?...

Old 09-19-16, 11:50 PM   #2025
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Quick question please...

BB Iowa Super Battleship or normal Battleship ?

Beta 0.2 failing to load museum due to unit type errors from main cfg and roster configs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Looks like comparing notes with Jeff-Groves and s7rikeback is in order. They're hot on the trail of our museum problems and other technical issues. Lots of issues with added ships.
Well, its that first question I'm wondering about? The 0.1Beta had the Iowa set as UnitType=20 A Super Battleship, both in the Iowa's .cfg file of the "Sea" folder, and in its .cfg file of the "Roster/American/Sea" folder. So, how is it that s7rikeback's Iowa is different? It shouldn't be unless its self imposed.

By the way what makes it super?!? Somebody tell me the difference between the Super Battleship and the Type=11 Regular Battleship?

I notice there was a question about why the Mission Editor won't open without an error due to not finding a certain asset (the Beaufighter if I recall). The easiest way to not find the asset is to have something as small as the "UnitType" not be the same in both of the .cfg files of the asset. If we're going to work together, we all need to be on the same page. Using the same files.

I'll be downloading the 2.5 beta. What's not included in it, that's sitting on the shelf?

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote