SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-11, 07:13 PM   #331
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Momentarily it does. At the worst it is going about 15 - 20 degrees off course but it always comes back. On a "macro" level, the ship stays on course but it's constantly oscillating back and forth. Like I said, if it was just a few degrees left and right that's fine but this seems to be more sever. But no, ultimately it stays on the course I set.

FWIW here is my mod loadout:

[MODS]
1 NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith
1b NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_No_contact_shapes_or_colors_dashe d_contact_line
1c Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
2 FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
3 IRAI_0_0_30_TDW
4 Sh5EnvModGold
4a North Atlantic Green 1.1
5 U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
6 MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
6a MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
7 DBSM SH5 v1.3
7 Grossdeutscher RADIO MOD
Ya, I am quite certain that's a common stock problem, to confirm why not remove your mods and try the TC and see if the rudder still flops around left and right and whether your lose course again. I am not a huge TC guy but I do remember this happening as well, before uHS. I just figured the currents pushed us around some
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 07:55 PM   #332
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrgn View Post
Ya, I am quite certain that's a common stock problem, to confirm why not remove your mods and try the TC and see if the rudder still flops around left and right and whether your lose course again. I am not a huge TC guy but I do remember this happening as well, before uHS. I just figured the currents pushed us around some
I'll give it a try when my patrol is done. Thanks

UPDATE: I haven't tried it yet without UHS but I did try a historical mission. At a very high TC I couldn't recreate the oscillation of the rudder even if I tried. I wonder if I don't have something screwy going on with this particular patrol. If it is still happening next patrol then I'll let you know.

Last edited by Dignan; 04-25-11 at 08:44 PM.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 08:45 PM   #333
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

Don't believe it's stock. Have run the same mods for a month now with no problem until I tried this one. I loaded the mod with TDW option, and I wonder if I have the right mods installed to support that one. Hmmm, wonder if that might be the issue.
Old 04-26-11, 01:51 AM   #334
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Don't believe it's stock. Have run the same mods for a month now with no problem until I tried this one. I loaded the mod with TDW option, and I wonder if I have the right mods installed to support that one. Hmmm, wonder if that might be the issue.
Same here! Haven't seen this behaviour before, pretty sure it's the new version of UHS causing it. When I jumped to FPS view from the navmp I think even saw the boat turning about 15 degrees and then stabilizing. I'm playing with the TDW compatability option.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 07:58 AM   #335
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Same here! Haven't seen this behaviour before, pretty sure it's the new version of UHS causing it. When I jumped to FPS view from the navmp I think even saw the boat turning about 15 degrees and then stabilizing. I'm playing with the TDW compatability option.
That's the behavior alright. Usually when you jump to the bridge you'll see that the boat is turning drastically but as you said, it quickly corrects itself and straightens out. So it MIGht have something to do with TC but it happens to me even at low TC.
Old 04-26-11, 09:05 PM   #336
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Sorry to be a bother again but I appear to have a problem with the hydrophone. I noticed in version 1.7 you said you decreased the the hydrophone so it kicks in at 7m depth right? I can't seem to get it unless I go below 12 or 13 meters in my current patrol. Not sure why, I thought it was working fine when I did a test mission but now I have to dip below periscope depth to get the hydro to work. Anyone else getting this?
Old 04-27-11, 05:47 PM   #337
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
That's the behavior alright. Usually when you jump to the bridge you'll see that the boat is turning drastically but as you said, it quickly corrects itself and straightens out. So it MIGht have something to do with TC but it happens to me even at low TC.
With the LR drag increased the boat is rolling side to side more, the rudder is going left and right more frequently, the boat going off course or moving left and right and back to course.... The changes made to the LR drag giving the boat that better feeling in TCx1 is definitely causing the changes you see.

As for the periscope depth problem, I am working on another version to balance things out a bit better.
Old 05-11-11, 02:55 AM   #338
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Hello ddrgn,

1) when I activate your mod according your instructions after TDW´s FX Update Mod, is the charge from external torpedo tubes too fast as in stock version (circa 10 minutes). I think, TDW fixed this problem in FX Update, but your mod PROBABLY overwrite this file. Or is this my mistake?

2) From version 1.6 is "Included No hydrophone on Surface, No Aircraft Spotting Submerged by TheDarkWraith", also I need no more to activate after IRAI mod as well the mod "IRAI No hydrophone on Surface, No Aircraft Spotting..."?

Thank you.
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 04:21 PM   #339
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hi ddrgn !

Should we enable UHS 1.7 before or after TDW´s UI 6.5.1 ? And can you tell me please the correct Install-Order with UHS 1.7 and the other TDW-MODs please (FX-Update; IRAI for example) !

Sorry, but I was few days (or was it weeks?) away from SH5 and I´ve been not "up-to-date" at the moment !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-12-11, 05:34 PM   #340
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi ddrgn !

Should we enable UHS 1.7 before or after TDW´s UI 6.5.1 ? And can you tell me please the correct Install-Order with UHS 1.7 and the other TDW-MODs please (FX-Update; IRAI for example) !

Sorry, but I was few days (or was it weeks?) away from SH5 and I´ve been not "up-to-date" at the moment !

Best regards,
Magic
Hi guys as of right now there is no compatibility with 6.5.1 thus no support.. will work on a new version soon.....
Old 05-13-11, 02:29 AM   #341
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Hi guys as of right now there is no compatibility with 6.5.1 thus no support.. will work on a new version soon.....
Aaah, okay.... You mean, when I use TDW UI 6.5.1 I must completly disable UHS 1.7, right ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-13-11, 11:15 AM   #342
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Quote:
Aaah, okay.... You mean, when I use TDW UI 6.5.1 I must completly disable UHS 1.7, right ?

Best regards,
Magic
No, I am just not sure what the new settings in 6.5.1 do.... A new version would make it compatible....
Old 05-13-11, 12:07 PM   #343
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
No, I am just not sure what the new settings in 6.5.1 do.... A new version would make it compatible....
Okay, thanks, looking forward then to an update from your wonderful MOD !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 05-13-11, 12:27 PM   #344
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Quote:
Okay, thanks, looking forward then to an update from your wonderful MOD !

Best regards,
Magic
Thanks, I get it all sorted this weekend.... I find that UHS is a good base for sub specs and permission is given for anyone to use it, modify it, and combine it as long as a little note of credit for me is listed
Old 05-13-11, 01:05 PM   #345
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Thanks, I get it all sorted this weekend.... I find that UHS is a good base for sub specs and permission is given for anyone to use it, modify it, and combine it as long as a little note of credit for me is listed
Little like this will be ok?:

Credits - ddrgn
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite