SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-19, 03:03 PM   #1
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default Gone Asiatic 3

Working on a new version of a 5 year old mod, with a lot more randomness to make encounters less predictable.

This is one of the random attack groups, could be anything from a single light cruiser to several heavy cruisers and battleships. At waypoint 1 there's a 40% chance of looping to waypoint 10, arriving at the Corregidor narrows 4 hours after player start. If it goes to waypoint 2, a 25% chance it shortcuts to 10, 6 hours. If (again 25% chance) it loops from 6 to 10, 8 hours, if it follows the entire path 16 hours.

In theory. Problem is it works great in the mission editor simulation, but in game the first one showed up 5 days after the career start time.

Don't know what the actual maximum repeat interval is, at first I set it for 720 hours (30 days) and that wouldn't spawn at all in the ME. Right now I have it set for 192 hours (8 days) and that works fine in the ME but in game 5 days?! Whichever route it took it should have arrived off Corregidor 4 to 16 hours after player start, or if it didn't spawn at the start then 8 days plus 4-16 hours - 5 days is just plain weird.

I hate to use predefined groups with random paths, the looping possibility makes the "when and where" unpredictable, but the "what" is always the same. Might end up having to if I can't get the random group to work.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote