SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-16, 05:15 PM   #5851
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

So here is what I am thinking so far:-
If the 3 megamods look to update their campaign working, I think we can fix the tonnage bug by (as vecko has done) removing tonnage as objectives.
Tonnage objective are required however for making the campaign

Quote:
If objective have very high tonnage requirements and/or setting tonnage objective value points to zero. This can never end a campaign. So everyones campaign will end by date whether they us the mama fix or not. This will also address the issue where the fix does not work for all.
Are you sure about this? Did you test this in your game? Because from what I learned so far, this is not the case...

Quote:
So looking to ensure that all campaigns end correctly by date will reduce the risk the player have to fix their save game to progress.
That's the whole point. This simply can not be done with present Campaign.cfg update issues (AKA TB bug). Mama's solutions can ensure this for many, but from some unknown reasons, it does not work for all...

Quote:
Another check (you may know this already vecko) to to ensure that when the tonnage bug is in effect and players sink ships - their kills will count ot the promotion and renown points. (every one likes an upgraded boat or equipment
Promotional points, equipment upgrades, renown points, new sub offers, medals, base transfers and secondary missions were always working as they should because these "old school" SH features have nothing to do with newly implemented stuff represented in Campaign.cfg file.

Last edited by vdr1981; 05-26-16 at 05:39 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 02:00 AM   #5852
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
June 2nd?? HT should end on march 1st 1941...

I really dont know and now you have completely confused me...Something is screwed with your game/savegames because there should be no Lorient as player's base in MN campaign. Your MN campaign should start in Kiel on march 15th 1941 and day later you shold be transfered to La Spezzia...
Sorry meant March 2nd. The dates are working, just that for some reason when HT ended it has put me back in Lorient not Kiel. Though i did get the new campaign briefing from the guy in the pen.
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 03:31 AM   #5853
Coldcall
Chief

Okay very weird. I reloaded the save right after HT ends and you are in bunker. In the distance i could see that i was now in fact in Kiel (by the scenery outside the pen). But a second later game CTDs. When i restarted and reloaded the save i am back in Lorient again, but it doesnt CTD.

I think IŽll just use silentotto as this is doing my head in.
Old 05-27-16, 04:00 AM   #5854
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
Okay very weird. I reloaded the save right after HT ends and you are in bunker. In the distance i could see that i was now in fact in Kiel (by the scenery outside the pen). But a second later game CTDs. When i restarted and reloaded the save i am back in Lorient again, but it doesnt CTD.

Do you use KSDCommander to load the game with random days in base ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 04:22 AM   #5855
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Do you use KSDCommander to load the game with random days in base ?
No, just TWOS mods. But I just tried the "Change Days in Bunker" mod, changed to 7 days, went back to Lorient bunker save Feb 26th, but it still starts next mission on march 20th. I also tried going through to Western Approaches campaign, but it is also stuck in Lorient
Old 05-27-16, 04:33 AM   #5856
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
No, just TWOS mods. But I just tried the "Change Days in Bunker" mod, changed to 7 days, went back to Lorient bunker save Feb 26th, but it still starts next mission on march 20th. I also tried going through to Western Approaches campaign, but it is also stuck in Lorient
Sounds to me that campaign is out of whack . When you started a new career did you enter the bunker / Exit the main screen and then load the bunker save again ?
Old 05-27-16, 05:32 AM   #5857
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Sounds to me that campaign is out of whack . When you started a new career did you enter the bunker / Exit the main screen and then load the bunker save again ?
I think I did, but not completely sure if I exited the game, started and reloaded the initial bunker save. I may have just reloaded after changing options and saving. You think that could the problem? the HT transfer to Lorient worked fine.
Old 05-27-16, 05:45 AM   #5858
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
I think I did, but not completely sure if I exited the game, started and reloaded the initial bunker save. I may have just reloaded after changing options and saving. You think that could the problem? the HT transfer to Lorient worked fine.
Who knows , its SH5 . What about the time I started a career with KSDCommander and the game crashed to desktop . So I panicked that I would lose my kills , so I restarted the game with the ubilauncher . What I didn't realise is that the game just dropped to desktop but was still running . Now that was a weird career . Sounds to me that a new career is needed even though it might be painful if you already spent a long time on it . Hey its taken me 6 years to reach happy times .
Old 05-27-16, 06:15 AM   #5859
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Are you sure about this? Did you test this in your game? Because from what I learned so far, this is not the case...

That's the whole point. This simply can not be done with present Campaign.cfg update issues (AKA TB bug). Mama's solutions can ensure this for many, but from some unknown reasons, it does not work for all...

Promotional points, equipment upgrades, renown points, new sub offers, medals, base transfers and secondary missions were always working as they should because these "old school" SH features have nothing to do with newly implemented stuff represented in Campaign.cfg file.
HI Vecko

I have tried to set this out in an easy logical way.
I just get the feeling of resistance at each step. Your way is the only way.

So rather than battling on like this - I am away to Totalwar Warhammer

Old 05-27-16, 06:20 AM   #5860
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:

Quote:
Okay now I have another problem

ItŽs April 2nd and fhe base transfer to la Spezia has not happened. sub icon still shows Lorient as my base. I even tried going into La Spezia and I can refit, but not end patrol.

I have received the red messages re-basing to La Spezia. It was fun dodging the British at the straights of Gib.

Any ideas how I can tweak the re base to happen?

Note: Have reloaded/restarted several times to no avail.
You look to be suffering from an issue related by campaign ending by date and the issues of shore leave as I have stated before.
If you check your save file - you will probably find that you are in the wrong flotilla (stuck in HT forever) even though the campaign thinks you are in the Med
Old 05-27-16, 06:59 AM   #5861
Coldcall
Chief

Quote:
You look to be suffering from an issue related by campaign ending by date and the issues of shore leave as I have stated before.
If you check your save file - you will probably find that you are in the wrong flotilla (stuck in HT forever) even though the campaign thinks you are in the Med
It looks that way. I am reinstalling SH5 again and weŽll see what happens
Old 05-27-16, 07:26 AM   #5862
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
HI Vecko

I have tried to set this out in an easy logical way.
I just get the feeling of resistance at each step. Your way is the only way.
Trev, there is no any "resistance" on my side...I spent a lot of time exploring the very same problematic and now I'm just trying to point out what will actually work and what will not. There is no too much "logic" in this stuff, it's only about testing.

It seems that after a long pause you are not quite familiar with all side effects of infamous TB bug and it's various manifestations. That's why I said in the first place that you have to test various scenarios in the campaign in order to understand what is actually going on. I know that you did a lot of testing before but things are not the same anymore.

Anyway, I shall not interfere in potential OHII v2.6 development anymore but I will certainly be happy to answer any potential question addressed to me directly...NHF and keep up good work...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 01:58 AM   #5863
Dodger02
Swabbie

Downloads: 57
Default Bouys, Lights, & Channel Markers

This may have been touched on before - I wasn't keen on going through 300+ pages, but it seems that the lights/channel markers are wrong. When you leave a harbour, the green channel markers are on the right. "Red Right Return" is the phrase I remember most of all from when I was learning basic coastal navigation.
Dodger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 02:52 AM   #5864
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger02 View Post
When you leave a harbour, the green channel markers are on the right. "Red Right Return" is the phrase I remember most of all from when I was learning basic coastal navigation.
Thats true for the Americas, Japan and the Philippines. For the rest of the world its the other way around
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 07:36 PM   #5865
thatnorwegianguy
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 178

I am on the arctic convoy mission using open horizon 2.5 but no ships are to be found only airplanes and ships in my own harbour it seems there is an issue with spawning ships.
thatnorwegianguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii